After comparing Sony NEX-7 and a6000 cameras, we found some unique features in the Sony a6000. Therefore we strongly recommend the Sony a6000 camera for you.
Why do We recommend the Sony a6000?
- The ISO sensitivity range of the Sony a6000 is 100-25600, whereas Sony NEX-7’s ISO range is 100-16000. Therefore, with Sony a6000, you can take stunning images in any lighting condition.
- This device comes with Fast Hybrid Autofocus with 179 points, but Sony NEX-7’s autofocus has only 25 points. So, the Sony a6000 will lock the object accurately and capture perfectly focused photos.
- Sony a6000’s continuous drive speed is 11 frames per second, and Sony NEX-7 has 10 frames per second speed. Hence, the Sony a6000 has better continuous drive speed than its opponent.
- This mirrorless camera supports NFC mode, enabling you to transfer your files with just one touch. But this feature isn’t available in the Sony NEX-7 camera.
- Sony a6000’s weight is 344 grams, and Sony NEX-7’s weight is 350 grams. So, the upgraded model Sony a6000 has a lighter weight and comfortable handgrip than Sony NEX-7.
So, you can see that the Sony a6000 has better and upgraded features, which aren’t available in Sony NEX-7. Therefore, we strongly suggest the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera for you.
Similar Features of Sony NEX 7 and Sony a6000
- Both cameras have 24.3 Megapixels APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) image sensors. Therefore, both cameras can produce high-resolution and sharp photos and videos.
- They are capable of recording Full-HD (1920 x 1080) videos.
- 3.0 Inches tilting monitor in these devices will help you capture images and videos from different angles.
- Sony provides a one-year limited warranty with them. So, if you face any manufacturing defect, you can claim free repairing service from the Company!
Quick Comparison: Sony NEX 7 vs a6000
|Specification||Sony NEX-7||Sony a6000|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-16000||100-25600|
|Auto Focus points||25 points||179 Points|
|Continuous Drive Speed||10 frames per second||11 frames per second|
|Battery life for still image||Up to 430 images||Up to 360 images|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.3 Megapixels||24.3 Megapixels|
|Weight ( Including Battery and Memory Card)||Approx. 350 gram||Approx. 344 gram|
|Viewfinder Type||OLED electronic||0.39″-type electronic viewfinder|
|Viewfinder resolution||2359k Dots||1440k Dots|
|Image Stabilization||Not Supported||Not Supported|
|Video recording||Full-HD (1920 x 1080)||Full-HD (1920 x 1080)|
|LCD monitor||3.0 Inches Tilting||3.0 Inches Tilting|
|Warranty policy||Limited one year||Limited one year|
Similarities & Difference Between Sony NEX-7 and Sony a6000
Weight and Dimensions:
The weight of the Sony NEX-7 is 350 grams including battery and media card besides, the Sony a6000’s weight is 344 grams. Another side, NEX-7’s dimension is 119.9 x 66.9 x 42.6mm and a6000’s dimension is 120 x 66.9 x 45.1 mm. Therefore, the Sony a6000 has 6 grams less weight and a comfortable dimension which enables to use of the camera more comfortably than the Sony NEX-7.
Image sensor and ISO sensitivity range:
Sony NEX-7 and Sony a6000 have 24.3 Megapixels APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) image sensors. Therefore, you can take high-resolution photos and full-HD videos with them. Besides, the ISO range of the Sony NEX-7 is 100-16000, and the Sony a6000’s range is 100-25600. Hence, the Sony a6000 has a better ISO range than its opponent, and you can take crisp images in any lighting condition.
Image processor and Continuous drive speed:
Sony NEX-7 has BIONZ, and Sony a6000 has a BIONZ X image processing engine. These image processing engines reduce noises and produce outstanding images. Moreover, the Sony a6000’s continuous drive speed is 11 frames per second, and the Sony NEX-7 has only 10fps. Therefore, the Sony a6000 has better drive speed than the Sony NEX-7 camera.
Sony a6000 is built with Fast Hybrid autofocus with 179 points, plus this camera has phase-detection AF and contrast-detection AF. Another side, Sony nex7’s focus point is only 25. So, with Sony a6000, you can take perfectly focused photos.
Viewfinder and LCD monitor:
Sony a6000 has a 0.39″-type electronic viewfinder with 1440k dots, whereas the Sony NEX-7 has OLED electronic viewfinder with 2359k dots. Here, Sony NEX-7’s viewfinder has better resolution than a6000. But, both cameras provide a detailed preview of the object before capturing it. Again, they have 3.0 inches, LCD monitor, with a tilting adjustment feature. So, you can take a picture from various angles and record vlogs easily.
These cameras have a rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50. But, Sony NEX-7 has better battery optimization as with this camera you can take approximately 430 photos whereas Sony a6000 can take 360 images.
Sony a6000 is the updated version, and this mirrorless camera device has better features than Sony NEX-7. Therefore, we strongly suggest the Sony a6000 camera. Furthermore, this device will save you money also. Now, make a choice wisely.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony NEX-7 and Sony a6000
|Between Sony nex7 and a6000, which one is better for taking photos of any fast-moving object? |
The Sony a6000 would be the better one between these two cameras as this camera’s continuous drive speed is 11 frames per second, whereas Sony NEX-7 has only 10 fps speed.
What is the viewfinder resolution of the Sony a6000? Is it good enough?
This camera comes with a 0.39″-type electronic viewfinder with 1440k. So, it is good enough for regular use, plus it will provide a fantastic preview of the object.
How many images can I capture with a Sony NEX-7 camera?
This device has a rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50 which lets you take approximately 430 photos.
Between nex7 and a6000, which one provides better performance in low-light situations?
The higher ISO sensitivity of the camera offers stunning images in low light conditions. Here, the Sony a6000 has a better and higher ISO range (100-25600) than the Sony NEX-7 (100-16000). So, the Sony a6000 will provide better performance in low-light situations than nex7.
Check out related articles here –
- Sony RX100 VI vs VII
- Panasonic GH5 vs Sony a7iii
- Canon RP vs Sony a7ii
- Sony a7sii vs a7iii
- Sony a7iii vs Canon 5D Mark IV
- Nikon Z5 vs Sony a7iii
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: