If you are looking for the best mirrorless camera between Sony a9 and Sony a7iii, we highly suggest Sony a9 camera for you. Now check the below section to know more.
Why We Suggest Sony a9?
- Sony a9 camera’s Continuous shooting speed rate is 20 frames per second, whereas the Sony a7iii has only a 10fps rate. Therefore, a9 provides you a better opportunity to take a perfect shot of any fast-moving object than its opponent.
- This device has a 1.3cm Quad-VGA OLED Electronic viewfinder with 3.68 Million dots, and Sony a7iii has 1.3 cm XGA OLED EVF with 2.35 million dots. So, the Sony a9 has a better viewfinder with a higher resolution that provides you stunning details of the object.
- Including battery and memory card, the Sony a9 weighs 588 grams, whereas the Sony a7iii comes with 650 grams. Hence, with lightweight and perfect shape helps you to use the camera longer without any discomfort.
- This camera comes with a 7.5 cm ( 3.0-Type) tilting TFT monitor with 1.44 Million dots, and the Sony a7iii has a 7.5 Cm TFT monitor with only 0.921 Million dots. Therefore, with Sony a9, you will have a better view of the captured images and videos.
So, you can see that Sony a9 camera has updated and professional features, which will give you a fantastic photographic experience. Otherwise, you can go for a Sony a7iii camera, but you must compromise on these remarkable features.
- Sony a9 and a7iii’s ISO sensitivity range is 100 to 51200 that is expandable to 50-204800, which helps to take sharp photos and videos in nearly any lighting condition.
- Both cameras have in-body 5-axis image stabilization that will reduce shakings and ensure stabilized images with super clarity.
- You will get two memory card slots with these devices, and both cameras support UHS-I, UHS-II cards which will help you transfer files faster.
- The Company ensures a one-year limited warranty with these cameras; hence you can get a free repair if any manufacturing defect is found.
- Both devices come with Fast Hybrid AutoFocus with 693 points; therefore, they will lock on and hold the object better than its competitor.
Sony a9 vs a7iii Comparison
|Specifications||Sony a9||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Continuous Drive Speed||20 frames per second||10 frames per second|
|Viewfinder Type||1.3 cm (0.5 type) EVF, Quad-VGA OLED||1.3 cm (0.5 type) EVF, XGA OLED|
|Viewfinder resolution||3.68 Million dots||2.35 Million dots|
|Weight ( Including Memory card and Battery)||588 grams||650 grams|
|Battery Power ( Still Images)||480 photos ( Viewfinder)||610 photos ( Viewfinder)|
|ISO sensitivity ( Still Images)||100-51200||100-51200|
|expandable ISO range||50-204800||50-204800|
|Focus type||Fast Hybrid AF||Fast Hybrid AF|
|Auto Focus points||693 points||693 points|
|Image Stabilization||Yes ( 5-Axis)||Yes ( 5-Axis)|
|Image sensor||35mm full-frame (35.6×23.8mm), Exmor RS CMOS||35mm full-frame (35.6×23.8mm), Exmor R CMOS|
|LCD Monitor Type||7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT||7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT|
|Number of Effective Pixels||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|Warranty Policy||Limited warranty for one year||Limited warranty for one year|
Similarity and Difference Between Sony a9 and Sony a7iii Camera
Image sensor and ISO range:
Sony a9 has Exmor RS CMOS, and Sony a7iii has an Exmor R CMOS image sensor, plus both cameras’ sensors have 24.2 Megapixels. However, they are capable of taking high-quality photos and Videos with extraordinary detail plus clarity. Again, the ISO sensitivity range of these cameras is 100-51200, and you can expand their ISO range to 50-204800. Therefore, both devices can deliver sharp-quality photos and videos in any lighting condition, from sunny to dim light.
Continuous drive speed:
Suppose you are a professional photographer and want to capture better images of any fast-moving objects. In that case, you can choose Sony a9 camera as this device’s continuous drive speed is 20 frames per second. But, Sony a7iii’s drive speed is only 10 frames per second.
Weight and Size:
Including battery and memory card, the Sony a7iii camera weighs approximately 650 grams (1lb 7.0 oz), and the Sony a9 camera’s weight is approximately 588 grams (1 lb. 4.7 oz.). Again, the Sony a9 comes with approx. 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 63.0mm dimension whereas Sony a7iii has 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm (approx.) size. So, Sony a9 camera has lightweight and smaller Dimensions than its opponent, enabling you to carry and use the camera comfortably.
Both Sony a9 and Sony a7iii cameras come with a BIONZ X image processing engine with high-speed plus silent shooting mode. Here, this processing engine will ensure life-like photos by maintaining color combinations. Besides, the mute shooting feature enables you to get perfect shots without any shutter sounds.
Both devices have 5-axis image stabilization as they can reduce blurriness from the images and videos plus provide you stunning results every time. Without this feature, your captured photos may come with blurriness.
The Sony a9 camera comes with a 7.5 cm ( 3.0-Type) tilting TFT monitor with 1.44 Million dots. On the other hand, the Sony a7iii has a 7.5 Cm TFT monitor( Tilting) with only 0.921 Million dots. Therefore, with Sony a9, you will have a better view of the captured images and videos.
The Sony a9 has Quad-VGA OLED 1.3cm ( 0.5type ) EVF with 3.68 Million dots, and the Sony a7iii comes with XGA OLED 1.3cm ( 0.5type ) EVF with 2.35 Million dots. So, With the Sony a9 camera, you will have an excellent preview of the object with stunning details.
Battery life and warranty policy:
Sony a9 and a7iii come with an NP-FZ100, rechargeable battery but the Sony a7iii has better optimization to capture up to 610 photos. On the other hand, with the Sony a9 camera, you can click only 480 images. Moreover, both devices are ensured with a one-year limited warranty; hence you will have an excellent opportunity to repair your device.
Both Sony a9 and Sony a7iii have many similar features, and if you prefer the best one, we strongly recommend the Sony a9 camera. Otherwise, you can choose the Sony a7iii camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a9 and Sony a7iii Cameras:
Between Sony a9 and a7iii, which one is perfect for all lighting conditions?
Both cameras’ ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, which is expandable to 50-204800. Therefore, both cameras are capable of capturing high-quality images in all lighting situations.
How many cards can I use with Sony a7iii camera?
There are two card slots available in Sony a7iii camera, and you can use UHS-I, UHS-II for fast transfer of files.
What is the weight (Including battery and SD card) of the Sony a7iii camera?
After inserting the battery and SD card, Sony a7iii camera weighs 650 grams (1lb 7.0 oz.)
What is the viewfinder type of the Sony a9 mirrorless camera?
This camera has a Quad-VGA OLED 1.3 cm (0.5 types) electronic viewfinder with 3.68 Million dots.
How many photos can I click with the Sony a7iii camera?
You can capture up to 610 images with this camera in the viewfinder.
You may read some other camera comparisons below: