Both Sony a7rii and a7iii are excellent cameras in the market. But after comparing them, we found some upgraded features in Sony a7iii camera. Therefore, we suggest Sony a7iii camera for you. Let us explain below:
Why We Suggest Sony a7iii?
- The ISO range of Sony a7iii is 100-51200, and you can manually expand this range to 50-204800. On the contrary, Sony a7rii’s ISO range is 100-25600, and you can extend it to 50-102400. So, with an a7iii camera, you can click sharp images in any lighting condition, no matter it’s sunny or dimly lit.
- This device comes with Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with 693 points, whereas a7rii has only 399 points. Hence, Sony a7iii provides you more accurate focus than its competitor.
- The continuous Shooting Speed rate of the Sony a7iii is 10 fps, and the Sony a7rii has only 5fps. Therefore, with higher shooting speed you can confidently take stunning photos of any fast-moving object.
- Sony a7iii‘s LCD monitor has a touch panel; you can instantly focus on a point by touching the screen and take the snap you want. But, Sony a7rii‘s LCD doesn’t have this touch panel
- You can click 610 frames per charge, whereas Sony a7rii provides only 290 shots. So, it will be easier to cover any event photography with Sony a7III.
Now, you can see that the Sony a7iii has higher Autofocus points, better ISO sensitivity range, and Continuous shooting range, plus a powerful battery than the Sony a7rii camera. Therefore, we strongly recommend the Sony a7iii camera. Otherwise, you can choose Sony a7rii, but you have to compromise the improved features available in Sony a7iii.
- Both cameras have BIONZ X image processing machines that ensure fast performance and maintains the quality of the images and videos.
- They are formed with 5-axis image stabilization, so you can take sharp images by reducing blurriness.
- You will find XGA OLED 1.3 cm (0.5 types) electronic viewfinder (color) in these cameras, which helps to view the object with color and perfect details.
- Both devices have a silent shooting feature that causes no vibration and sound; hence, you take indoor and outdoor images without disrupting anyone.
Comparison Chart: Sony a7iii and Sony a7Rii
|Specifications||Sony a7rii||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of|
|ISO range ( Still Images)||100-25600||100-51200|
|Expandable ISO range||50-102400||50-204800|
|Autofocus Type||Fast Hybrid AF with 399 points||Fast Hybrid AF with 693 points|
|Battery life for still Images||290 Shots||610 shots|
|Continuous Shooting Speed rate||5 frames per second||10 frames per second|
|Silent Shooting Mode||Available||Available|
|Image sensor||35mm full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor||35mm full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor|
|Sensor Resolution||42.4 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|Image Processor||BIONZ X||BIONZ X|
|Image Stabilization||Yes (5-axis)||Yes (5-axis)|
|Viewfinder Type||XGA OLED 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color)||XGA OLED 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color)|
|Monitor type||7.5 cm (3.0-type) TFT drive||7.5 cm (3.0-type) TFT drive|
Similarities and Differences: Sony a7Rii and Sony a7iii
Weight and Dimension:
When you insert a battery and memory card, Sony a7iii camera weighs 650 grams, and a7rii weighs 625 grams. So, the Sony a7iii is a little heavier than the a7rii Camera. But, again, Sony a7iii’s dimension is 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm, and a7rii comes with 126.9 x 95.7 x 60.3 mm size. So, here, a7iii’s bigger size provides you firm hand grip and comfortable use.
Image sensor and ISO range:
Sony a7iii comes with 24.2 Megapixels (35mm full-frame) Exmor R CMOS sensor, and a7rii has only 42.4 Megapixels. Therefore, both cameras are capable of clicking crisp photos with high resolutions.
But, again, a7iii’s ISO rang 100-51200, plus you can expand this range to 50-204800. Another side, the Sony a7rii has a 100-25600 ISO range, which can be extended to 50-102400. Therefore, with the Sony a7rii camera, you can capture sharp photos with great details.
Image processor IS and Continuous Drive speed:
When you are looking for fast performance, then you have to focus on the image processor. Both Sony a7iii and Sony a7rii cameras are formed with the developed BIONZ X image processor that ensures fast performance and extraordinary image quality by maintaining colors.
Again, these devices have 5-axis image stabilization as your captured photos will come with clarity and low noise. Furthermore, Sony a7iii’s continuous drive speed is 10 frames per second, and a7riii comes with 5fps drive speed. Hence, with Sony a7iii, you can capture crisp images of any fast-moving things or moments.
LCD monitor and viewfinder:
Sony a7iii and Sony a7rii have a 7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT LCD with 0.921 Million dots. But, the Sony a7iii has a touch panel that enables you to focus instantly by touching the screen. But, you won’t find this facility in Sony a7rii camera.
In addition, both cameras’ LCD can be adjusted and tilted at different angles while clicking selfies or vlogs. Furthermore, the XGA OLED 1.3 cm (0.5 types) electronic viewfinder (color) helps you view the object with stunning details before capturing it.
Battery power and warranty policy:
Now let me tell you another essential portion of the Camera, which is Battery power. Sony a7iii camera has an NP-FZ100 rechargeable battery that provides energy for 610 images for still images.
On the other hand, the Sony a7rii comes with an NP-FW50 battery that enables you to click only 290 photos. Therefore, Sony a7iii’s battery is more powerful than its competitor.
Lastly, these devices come with a one-year limited warranty as you can claim free service for your Camera, but if the damages are caused by misuse, you won’t get it. So, use the Camera with proper care.
We have explained all the features of the Sony a7iii and Sony a7rii camera; therefore, we presume that you have seen the updated and work-friendly features of the Sony a7iii camera. That’s why; we strongly suggest you get this Camera. Otherwise, you can choose Sony a7rii camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a7Rii and Sony a7iii
|Between a7rii and a7iii, which one has better Autofocus? |
Between these two cameras, The Sony a7iii has a Fast Hybrid Autofocus with 693 points, and the Sony a7rii has only 399 points. So, the Sony a7iii has better Autofocus.
How many photos can I take with a Sony a7rii?
With this Camera, you can click up to 290 frames, but if you choose a7iii, you can capture up to 610 photos.
Can I conduct silent shooting with Sony a7iii camera?
Yes, this Camera has a silent shooting feature, which will help to click images silently by reducing the shutter sound.
Between a7iii and a7rii, which one has better ISO sensitivity?
Between these two cameras, the Sony a7iii has better ISO sensitivity (100-51200) than the Sony a7rii camera (100-25600).
Does a7rii’s LCD has a touch panel?
No, this camera doesn’t have a touch panel, and you will find this panel in Sony a7iii camera.
You can also check some other camera comparisons below:
- Canon M50 vs Sony a7III
- Sony a6000 vs a6100
- Sony a6600 vs a7III
- Sony a6400 vs a6500
- Sony a5100 vs a6000
- Sony a6400 vs a6600
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: