Sony a7iii and Canon 5D Mark IV are very popular cameras among photographers. But, when we compared them, we found some fantastic features in the Sony a7iii camera. Therefore, we strongly suggest the Sony a7iii mirrorless camera.
Why is Sony a7iii camera recommended?
- Sony a7iii camera comes with 10 frames per second continuous drive speed whereas Canon 5D Mark IV has only 7fps speed. Therefore, Sony a7iii provides you a better opportunity to take photos of any fast-moving objects or special moments than the Canon 5D Mark IV.
- This device has Fast Hybrid Autofocus (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF) with 693 points, but Canon 5D Mark IV has TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with only 61 points. So, while capturing photos with Sony a7iii, you will get better focus than its opponent.
- In-body image stabilization feature is formed in Sony a7iii camera, that reduces blurriness from any shaking and provides you crisp images. Unfortunately, this feature isn’t available in Canon 5D Mark IV.
- Sony a7iii’s viewfinder magnification is approximately 0.78 x, whereas Canon 5D Mark IV has 0.71 x. Hence, Sony a7iii has better viewfinder magnification than 5D mark IV, and with this camera, you will have a better preview of the object’s actual size.
- The LCD monitor of Sony a7iii can be tilted at different angles. Therefore, you can easily adjust the monitor while making any vlogs. But, the Canon 5D Mark IV LCD is fixed and can’t be adjusted.
- This camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, which can be expanded to 50-204800. On the other hand, the Canon 5D Mark IV ISO range is 100-32000, and this range can be increased to 50-102400. Therefore, Sony a7iii has a better ISO range than its opponent, plus it enables you to take sharp-looking images and videos in any lighting situation.
- Sony a7iii weighs 650 grams including battery and memory card, and the Canon 5D Mark IV weighs 890 grams. Hence, you can comfortably use the Sony a7iii for an extended period.
These features make Sony a7iii better than its opponent Canon 5D Mark IV. Therefore, we recommend you invest in Sony a7iii camera for a professional and smooth experience.
Similar features of Sony a7iii and Canon 5D Mark IV
- Both cameras are capable of recording high-resolution (4K) videos.
- You can manually balance the colors with these devices as they have a white balance feature.
- A limited one-year warranty policy is provided with them. Therefore, you will have a free service from the company if you find any manufacturer defects.
Sony a7iii vs Canon 5D Mark IV: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specification||Sony a7iii||Canon 5D Mark IV|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Continuous Drive Speed||10 frames per second||7 frames per second|
|Auto Focus points||693 Points||61 Points|
|Viewfinder Magnification||0.78 x (approx.)||0.71 x (approx.)|
|Weight ( Including Battery and Memory Card)||650 grams||890 grams|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-51200||100-32000|
|Expanded ISO range||50-204800||50-102400|
|Image Stabilization||Image Sensor-Shift mechanism ( 5-axis compensation)||No|
|Video recording||4K resolution||4K resolution|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels||30.4 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT||8.1 cm TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Battery life for still image||610 frames||900 frames|
|Warranty policy||Limited one-year||Limited one-year|
Similarities and differences between Sony a7iii and Canon 5D Mark IV
Image sensor and image stabilization
Sony a7iii camera comes with the new 35mm full-frame (35.6×23.8mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor. Besides, it has 24.2 Megapixels. On the other side, Canon 5D Mark IV has a 30.4 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Both cameras are capable of producing fine-quality images and videos. But, the Sony a7iii has an in-body Image stabilization feature with 5-axis compensation.
Therefore, you can capture sharp and stunning images every time. But, this fantastic feature isn’t available in 5D mark Iv, so you have to be more careful about the camera shakings. Otherwise, photos will come with blurriness.
ISO sensitivity range
The ISO sensitivity range of the Sony a7iii camera is 100-51200, and you can expand this range to 50-204800. On the other hand, Canon 5D Mark IV’s capacity is 100-32000, and this range can be adjusted to 50-102400. In standard lighting, both cameras perform well, but if you prefer to take photos in low-light, then Sony a7iii would be the better option for its higher ISO range.
Image Processor and Continuous drive speed
Canon 5D Mark IV camera comes with DIGIC 6+ image processor, and Sony a7iii has the updated BIONZ X image processing engine. Therefore, Sony a7iii’s image processor will provide you with faster performance, color combination, and better quality than the Canon 5D Mark IV. Again, this camera’s continuous drive speed is 10 frames per second, whether Canon 5D Mark IV’s speed is only 7fps. Therefore, Sony a7iii can take the perfect shot of any frequent moment better than its opponent.
Sony a7iii camera has a 7.5 cm ( 3.0-type) TFT color with a tilting adjustment feature. Besides, Canon 5D Mark IV has an 8.1 cm liquid-crystal monitor, but it can’t be adjusted. So, if you want to record vlogs, then Sony a7iii is the best choice. Furthermore, both LCD monitors have touch panels; hence you can operate them with your finger touch.
Weight and Size
The weight of the Sony a7iii camera is 650 grams, and its dimension is approximately 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm. On the other hand, Canon 5D Mark IV weighs 890 grams, and it comes in 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm size. So, you can see that the Sony a7iii camera has a lightweight and handy size than its opponent, plus you can use it comfortably.
Now you can see that the Sony a7iii has better features than Canon 5D Mark IV. Therefore, we strongly recommend Sony a7iii camera for your personal and professional purpose.
Frequently asked questions about Sony a7iii and Canon 5D Mark IV
Is there any image stabilization in the body of Canon 5D Mark IV?
No, this device doesn’t form with in-body image stabilization. But, the Sony a7iii comes with in-body image stabilization with 5-axis compensation.
Can I adjust the ISO sensitivity range of the Sony a7iii camera?
Yes, the auto ISO range of Sony a7iii is 100-51200, plus you can change this range to 50-204800. Therefore, this camera will help you take sharp images in any challenging lighting condition.
How many photos can I take with Canon 5D Mark IV?
This camera has a powerful battery, and you can shoot approximately 900 images with it by charging the battery once.
Does 5D mark iv support the UHS-II card?
No, this camera doesn’t keep this memory card, but you can use the UHS-I card.
Can I shoot without any shutter sound with Sony a7iii camera?
Yes, this camera has a silent shooting feature that mutes the sound of the shutter. Therefore, you can shoot photos without shutter sound.
Check out related articles here –