If you are looking for the best one from Sony a7iii and Sony a6600, you should go for Sony a7iii mirrorless camera as it has some advanced features.
Why Should You Go With Sony a7iii?
- Sony a7iii camera comes with a 100-51200 ISO range, while Sony a6600‘s ISO sensitivity range is 100-32000. So, Sony a7iii provides you a better opportunity to click clear images with sharp details in any lighting situation than its competitor.
- Both cameras have Fast Hybrid Autofocus, but Sony a7iii has 693 focus points whereas a6600 has only 425 points. Therefore, with a7iii, you can focus more accurately to get the best image quality.
- This device has 1.3 cm EVF, and a6600 has 1.0 cm EVF. Hence, with a bigger electronic viewfinder in Sony a7iii camera, you can view the object accurately with stunning details than the other one.
- Sony a7iii camera has an anti-flicker shot feature that decreases the differences between the exposer and tone. So with a7iii, you can take any events photo with more confidence. But this feature isn’t available in the Sony a6600 camera.
So, suppose you want to take impressive images for personal or professional purposes. In that case, the Sony a7iii will be the best choice for you as this camera has a better ISO range, bigger EVF, fast focus with more points, and lastly, an anti-flicker feature.
- These cameras have Image sensors with 24.2 Megapixels which can produce high-quality images and videos.
- They have 5-axis in-body image stabilization, which enables you to click stabilized photos by reducing shakes.
- Both have an LCD screen with a tilting feature, so you can tilt the monitor at different angles while recording videos or taking photos.
- A one-year limited warranty is ensured with them.
Comparison Chart: Sony a6600 vs a7iii
|Specifications||Sony a6600||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s rating||4.7 Out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Expandable ISO range||50-102400||50-204800|
|Anti-flicker Shot feature||No||Yes|
|View finder Type||1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color)||1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color)|
|Shutter speed ( still images)||1/4000 to 30 sec||1/8000 to 30 sec|
|AF points||425 Points||693 Points|
|Continuous drive speed||11 frames per second||10 frames per second|
|Image Stabilization||Yes ( 5-axis)||Yes ( 5-axis)|
|LCD Screen||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT|
|Image sensor type||Exmor CMOS sensor||Exmor R CMOS sensor|
|Number of effective pixels||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|Warranty period||One-year limited||One-year limited|
Similarities and Differences: Sony a6600 and Sony a7iii
Weight and Dimension:
Including weight and memory card, Sony a7iii camera weighs 650 grams (Approx.), and Sony a6600 is 503 grams. Again, Sony a7iii’s dimension is 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm and a6600 camera comes with 120.0mm x 66.9mm x 69.3mm size.
Image sensor and ISO range:
Sony a7iii camera has an Exmor R CMOS sensor, and a6600 comes with an Exmor CMOS sensor. Both sensors are made with the same name and components, plus they use a slightly different method to get performance.
Both cameras have 24.2 Megapixels. Again, the ISO range of the Sony a7iii camera is 100-51200, and you can increase this range to 50-204800, whereas a6600’s ISO range is 100-3200, and this range can be increased to 50-102400.
Therefore, you can see that a7iii has a better ISO range than its competitive camera. Moreover, Both cameras can record 4K UHD resolution videos with a cinematic look.
Image Processor, Continuous drive speed, and Shutter speed:
Sony a7iii and a6600 cameras have newly developed Bionz X image processors that produce high-resolution, beautiful, and superb image clarity. Again, the continuous shooting speed of a6600 is 11fps, whereas the Sony a7iii comes with 10 fps; hence both cameras can take photos of any fast-moving objects.
In addition, Sony a7iii’s shutter speed provides more exposure than its competitor as its shutter speed is 1/8000 to 30 sec, whereas a6600’s shutter speed is 1/4000 to 30 sec.
Image stabilization and AF:
Both cameras have a 5-axis in-body image stabilization, which helps you click stabilized photos by reducing shakes. Again, these devices have Fast Hybrid Autofocus, but a7iii has better focus points (693) than its competitor Sony a6600 (425 points) camera.
Battery and warranty policy:
Both cameras have NP-FZ100 rechargeable batteries. But, the a6600 camera comes with better battery optimization than the Sony a7iii camera as with it you can take 720 frames, whereas, with a7iii, you can click 610 photos. Moreover, both cameras come with a limited one-year warranty policy.
So, you can see that the Sony a7iii mirrorless camera’s features are more advanced than the Sony a6600 camera. Therefore, we strongly recommend you the Sony a7iii camera. Otherwise, you choose the Sony a6600 camera, and it will also be a good decision but not the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a6600 and Sony a7iii
|What is the continuous drive speed of the Sony a7iii camera? |
This camera’s continuous drive speed is ten frames per second, providing stunning photos of any fast-moving objects.
Can I use an a7iii camera for shooting sporting events?
Yes, this camera can be used for shooting any sporting event as its shutter speed for still image is 1/8000 to 30 sec and drive rate is 10fps.
Between a7iii and a6600, which one has better autofocus?
Between these two cameras, a7iii has better autofocus as its Fast Hybrid Autofocus comes with 693 points, and a6600’s AF has only 425 points.
How many photos can I click with the Sony a6600 camera?
This photographic device has an NP-FZ100 rechargeable battery, and you can take 720 photos with it.
Does Sony a7iii have an image stabilization feature?
Yes, this camera comes with an image Sensor-Shift mechanism with a 5-axis compensation that enables you to get detailed images by reducing blurriness.
Read more camera comparisons below: