Between Sony a6400 and a7iii, the best mirrorless camera would be the Sony a7iii as this device has some outstanding features.
Why Sony a7iii is Best?
- Sony a7iii comes with a 5-axis image stabilization feature that helps you take sharp photos and videos with extreme clarity, whereas, with a Sony a6400, you will need an extra lens for this feature.
- This camera has Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with 693 points, and the Sony a6400 has only 425 points. So, Sony a7iii has the capability to focus more accurately than its opponent.
- The a7iii comes with a 100-51200 ISO sensitivity range, and this range can be increased to 50-204800. Another side, Sony a6400’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-32000 ( expandable to 102400). So, the Sony a7iii camera provides you a better opportunity to take stunning photos in all lighting conditions.
- Sony a7iii has a 1.3 cm XGA OLED electronic viewfinder, whereas the Sony a6400 has 1.0 cm EVF. Therefore, with Sony a7iii, you will have a better view of the object with correct details than its opponent.
- This device has a more powerful battery than the Sony a6400 as with this camera, you can take 610 photos, whereas, with Sony a6400, you can capture only 360 frames.
So, if you prefer a mirrorless camera with fantastic features, then we strongly recommend you Sony a7iii. Otherwise, if you have a budget problem, you can choose Sony a6400.
- Sony a6400 and a7iii have 7.5 cm ( 3.0-type) wide type TFT with 921.6K dots. Therefore, you will have a wonderful view of your captured photos and videos.
- Both cameras have 24.2 Megapixels that provide you with high-resolution pictures with extraordinary detail, accuracy, and low noise.
- You will get the opportunity to repair these devices free within one year from the date of purchase.
Comparison Chart: Sony a6400 vs a7iii
|Specification||Sony a6400||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 Out of 5|
|Focus points||425 Points||693 Points|
|Battery life for still image||360 Frames||610 Frames|
|Image Stabilization||No ( Supported on the lens)||Yes (5-Axis)|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-32000||100-51200|
|Expanded ISO range||102400||50-204800|
|Viewfinder Type||1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color)||1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color), XGA OLED|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2.36 Million Dots||2.36 Million Dots|
|Continuous Drive Speed||11 Frames per second||10 Frames per second|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT|
|Weight ( Including Battery and Memory Card)||403 grams||650 grams|
|Warranty Policy||One-year ( Limited)||One-year ( Limited)|
Similarities & Differences: Sony a7iii and Sony a6400 Mirrorless Camera
Weight and dimension:
The weight (including battery and memory Card) of Sony a7iii is 650 grams and its dimension is Approx. 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm. Another side, the Sony a6400 comes with a 403-gram weight and approx. 120.0mm x 66.9mm x 59.7mm size. Here, a7iii has a well-balanced weight, and size will give you a stronghold and comfortable use.
Image sensor and Processor:
Sony a7iii comes with 24.2 Megapixels 35mm full-frame (35.6×23.8mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor whereas Sony a6400 has 24.2 Megapixels APS-C types (23.5 x 15.6mm), Exmor CMOS sensor. Here, the Sony a7iii has a bigger sensor than the Sony a6400 camera. Therefore, Sony a7iii can produce more details and stunning details in your taken photos. Furthermore, both cameras have a BIONZ-X image processing engine that helps to produce beautiful, high-resolution images with amazing image clarity.
ISO Sensitivity range:
The ISO sensitivity range of the Sony a7iii camera is 100-51200, plus you can expand this sensitivity range to 50-204800. On the other hand, Sony a6400’s ISO range is 100-32000, which can be increased to 102400. Hence, you can see that Sony a7iii has a higher ISO range than its opponent, and it can take images in any lighting condition by reducing blurriness.
Sony a7iii has in-body 5-axis image stabilization with 5.0-stops, which can compensate for five types of camera shake that can create blur images. Therefore, you can take sharp pictures at longer focal lengths and close-up images. But, the Sony a6400 doesn’t have an in-body image stabilization feature, and you have to use an extra lens for this.
LCD monitor and viewfinder:
Both cameras have a 7.5 cm ( 3.0-type) wide type TFT with 921.6K dots. Therefore, they will give you a great preview of the images and recorded videos with proper details. Again, the Sony a7iii has a 1.3 cm XGA OLED electronic viewfinder with 2.36 Million dots, and the Sony a6400 comes with 1.0 cm EVF (2.36 Million dots). So, you can see that the Sony a7iii has a bigger viewfinder, which will provide you a better view of the object.
Sony a7iii comes with one rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100, which gives enough energy to take 610 frames. But, the Sony a6400 has NP-FW50 (rechargeable battery), and you can take only 360 frames. That’s why we recommended the Sony a7iii camera as with this camera, you won’t need to charge the battery again and again.
Both Sony a7iii and Sony a6400 are top-rated cameras in the market, but if you prefer the best one, you should go for Sony a7iii camera. Otherwise, choosing a Sony a6400 isn’t a bad idea if you have budget problems.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a6400 and Sony a7iii Cameras
Between Sony a6400 and Sony a7iii, which one is perfect for low light photography?
Between these two cameras, we suggest Sony a7iii as this camera ISO range is 100-51200, plus you can expand this range to 50-204800. But, Sony a6400’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-32000, and it can be increased to 102400.
What is the focus type of Sony a7iii camera?
This device has a Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with 693 points that enable you to take photos by focusing more accurately.
Between these two cameras, which camera has a more powerful battery life?
Between these two, the Sony a7iii has a more powerful battery as you can take 610 images with it, whereas with Sony a6400, you can shoot only 360 frames.
Does Sony a6400 have any in-body image stabilization?
No, this camera doesn’t have in-body image stabilization, and you have to use a lens for this feature. But, the Sony a7iii has 5-axis image stabilization.
Is there any difference in these cameras’ monitors?
No, both Sony a6400 and Sony a7iii have a 7.5 cm ( 3.0-type) wide type TFT with 921.6K dots, which provides a clear and sharp view of the captured images and videos.
You may have interest in some other camera comparisons below-