Sony a6300 and Sony a6400 are excellent mirrorless cameras and have similar features. But, when we compared their features deeply, We found the Sony a6400 is the upgraded version camera with improved features. So, we strongly recommend you Sony a6400.
Why We Recommend To Grab a Sony a6400?
- Sony a6400 camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-3200, and you can adjust this range to 102400. Another side, the Sony a6300 comes with a 100-25600 ISO range, which is increasable to 51200. Therefore, Sony a6400’s improved ISO range will help take high resolution and sharp images in nearly any lit- condition.
- This device has a 7.5cm ( 3.0-type) broad-type TFT LCD monitor with Touch compatibility that will help you focus instantly by touching the LCD and provides easy operability. But, the Sony a6300’s LCD monitor doesn’t have a touch panel facility.
- You can easily connect a Sony a6400 camera with any mobile device via Bluetooth ( Version 4.1), take images remotely, and get locations. But the Sony a6300 doesn’t have this feature.
You will have these features mentioned above in the Sony a6400 camera, which aren’t available in the Sony a6300. Therefore, we strongly suggest you this one for you.
Similar Features of Sony a6300 and Sony a6400
- Sony a6300 and Sony a6400 have Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with 425 points that help you focus accurately on the object to shoot extensively sharp images.
- They come with a 1.0cm electronic viewfinder with 2.36 million dots that delivers an apparent view through the lens and lets you take photos without any distractions, significantly blocking out sunlight.
- These cameras’ continuous drive speed is 11 frames per second, so you can take photos of any fast-moving objects and catch memorable moments perfectly.
- Both cameras have 24.2 Megapixels APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) and an Exmor CMOS sensor. Therefore, you can take high-resolution photos and record 4K-resolution cinematic-looking videos.
Sony a6300 vs a6400 Comparison Chart
|Specification||Sony a6300||Sony a6400|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-25600||100-32000|
|Expanded ISO range||51200||102400|
|LCD monitor||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT|
|LCD Touch panel||No||Yes|
|Bluetooth Version||No||Yes ( Standard Ver. 4.1)|
|Battery life for still image||400 photos||410 photos|
|Viewfinder Type||1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color) (XGA OLED)||1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2.36 Million Dots||2.36 Million Dots|
|Video recording||4K (3840 x 2160)||4K (3840 x 2160)|
|Microphone Terminal||Yes (3.5mm Stereo minijack)||Yes (3.5mm Stereo minijack)|
|Image Stabilization||No (image supported on the lens)||No (image supported on the lens)|
|Continuous Drive Speed||11 frames per Second||11 frames per Second|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels (Approx.)||24.2 Megapixels (Approx.)|
|Weight ( Including Battery & Memory Card)||404 grams||403 grams|
|Warranty Policy||One-year ( Limited)||One-year ( Limited)|
Features & Benefits of Sony a6300 and Sony a6400
Image sensor and ISO range
Both Sony a6300 and Sony a6400 cameras have 24.2 Megapixels APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) and an Exmor CMOS sensor. Therefore, they are capable of producing smooth and more natural tonal gradation in photos. But, when we compared their ISO range, we found that you can expand the Sony a6400’s ISO sensitivity range to 102400, whereas the Sony a6300’s range is expandable to 51200 only. Therefore, the Sony a6400 is more useful in low-light photography than its opponent.
Image Processor and Continuous shooting Speed
These cameras are formed with a BIONZ X image processing engine that provides fast and smooth performance. Besides, this processor helps to produce sharp images by maintaining color combinations. Furthermore, their continuous shooting speed is 11 frames per second, as you can easily take any fast-moving object’s photo or any memorable moments.
LCD monitor and viewfinder type
Sony a6300 and Sony a6400 mirrorless cameras have 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT LCD monitors. But the Sony a6300 doesn’t have touch compatibility, which is available in the Sony a6400. Again, both devices have a 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color) with 2.36 million dots. Therefore, you will have a clear view of the object with stunning details, which will help you take perfect shots every time through the viewfinder.
Weight and Dimension
When you insert the memory card and battery, the Sony a6300 weighs 404 grams, and the sony a6400 weighs 403 grams. Again, the Sony a6300’s size is Approx. 120 x 66.9 x 48.8 mm, and Sony a6400 comes with Approx. 120.0mm x 66.9mm x 59.7mm. Here, you can see that Both cameras’ weight and dimensions are almost the same.
They are top-rated cameras in the market. But, if you prefer the best one, we recommend you go for the Sony a6400 as this camera has better and more professional features. Otherwise, if you want to save a couple of bucks, you can choose the Sony a6300 camera. But, remember you aren’t going to buy a camera again and again. So, choose it wisely.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a6300 and Sony a6400
|Does an a6300 camera’s LCD have a touch panel?
No, this device doesn’t have an LCD touch panel. So, you won’t be able to operate this by touching. But, the Sony a6400 camera’s LCD has a touch panel that ensures easy operability.
What is the expanded ISO range Sony a6300? Is it better than the Sony a6400?
You can expand Sony a6300’s ISO range to 51200. Another side, the Sony a6400’s ISO range can be increased to 102400. Therefore, we can say that the Sony a6400 has a better ISO range than the Sony a6300.
How many images can I take with a Sony a6400 camera?
With this device, you can capture approximately 410 images.
Can Sony a6400 take high-resolution photos?
Yes, this device has 24.2 Megapixels APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm) Exmor CMOS sensor that enables you to take high-resolution photos plus, when you print it, it won’t be blurred.
What is the viewfinder type of Sony a6300 camera?
This camera has 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color) (XGA OLED) with 2.36 Million dots.
You may have interest in some other camera comparisons below-