Sony a6000 and a6300 are the top-rated mirrorless cameras in the market, but when we compared their main features, we found some fantastic and updated features in the Sony a6300 camera. Therefore, we highly recommend Sony a6300 camera.
Why We Recommend Sony a6300 camera?
- Sony a6300 camera has Fast Hybrid AF with 425 points, whereas the Sony a6000 has only 179 points. So that, Sony a6300 will lock on and hold tight the object and provide you stunning results.
- This device has a 1.0 cm XGA OLED electronic viewfinder with 2.36 Million dots, but the Sony a6000’s viewfinder comes with only 1.44 million dots. Therefore, the Sony a6300 delivers an incredibly clear view through the lens, and you can take your desired photos.
- With Sony a6300, you can record cinematic-looking 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution videos, whereas the Sony a6000 can record only Full-HD videos.
- Sony a6300 has better battery optimization than its opponent as with this device you can take 400 shots whereas with Sony a6000 you can capture only 360 photos.
- A Microphone Terminal (3.5mm stereo minijack) in Sony a6300 will help you record voice with clarity. But, the Sony a6000 doesn’t have any microphone terminal.
So, you can see that the Sony a6300 has better autofocus points, viewfinder resolution, stunning 4k recording capability, and battery optimization. That’s why we strongly recommend you this camera. Otherwise, you can prefer the Sony a6000, but you have to compromise these modern features.
- Sony a6000 and a6300’s auto ISO range is 100-25600, which is expandable to 51200. So, they are capable of taking sharp photos in any lighting condition.
- Both cameras’ continuous shooting speed rate is 11 frames per second. So, you can capture any perfect moment with these devices.
- They have a 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT LCD monitor that provides you a fantastic view of the captured images and videos.
- A one-year limited warranty is ensured with these cameras. Hence, you will get free repairing service from the company during the warranty period.
Quick Comparison: Sony a6000 vs a6300
|Specification||Sony a6000||Sony a6300|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Focus points||179 points||425 Points|
|Viewfinder Type||1.0 cm (0.39″-type) electronic viewfinder (color)||1.0 cm (0.39 type) XGA OLED electronic viewfinder (color)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||1.44 Million Dots||2.36 Million Dots|
|Battery life for still image||360 Shots||400 Shots|
|Video recording||Full-HD (1920 x 1080)||4K (3840 x 2160)|
|Microphone Terminal||No||Yes (3.5mm Stereo minijack)|
|Image Stabilization||No (supported on Lens)||No (supported on Lens)|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-25600||100-25600|
|Expanded ISO range||51200||51200|
|Continuous Drive Speed||11 frames per second||11 frames per second|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.3 Megapixels ( APS-C)||24.2 Megapixels ( APS-C)|
|LCD monitor||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT||7.5cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT|
|Weight ( Including Battery and Memory Card)||344 grams||404 grams|
|Warranty Policy||One-Year ( Limited )||One-Year ( Limited )|
Similarities & Differences Between Sony a6000 and Sony a6300
Weight and Dimension:
Sony a6300 comes with 404 gram ( Including Battery and memory card) weight, and Its dimension is 120 x 66.9 x 48.8 mm ( approx.). Another side, with a battery and Memory card, the Sony a6000 weighs 344 grams, and its size is 120 x 66.9 x 45.1 mm ( approx.). Here, the Sony a6300 is a little heavier and bigger than its opponent, but this device will provide you with a solid and comfortable handgrip.
Image Sensor and ISO:
Sony a6000 has a 24.3-effective megapixels APS-C image sensor, and the Sony a6300 comes with 24.2 Megapixels APS-C sized Exmor CMOS sensor. Therefore, both devices’ sophisticated sensor provides you with high sensitivity in a dimly lit environment and background defocusing.
Moreover, their ISO range is 100-25600, and you can adjust the range to 51200. Therefore, both cameras can ensure the high quality of the photos with lifelike color and stunning details. Yet, if you want to record 4K resolution videos, you should go for the Sony a6300, and this device has a 3.5mm stereo minijack for audio recording.
Image sensor and Continuous Drive speed:
Both Sony a6000 and Sony a6300 have a BIONZ X image sensor processor, which maintains the color combination plus ensures that you will always get crisp images and videos. Again, they have 11 frames per second continuous drive speed so that you can shoot all your special moments with complete confidence.
The viewfinder is the eyepiece on a camera that you hold close to your eye to see the object accurately, which will be captured. Viewfinder with better resolution provides you with accurate details of the thing. For example, the Sony a6300 has a 1.0 cm (0.39 type) XGA OLED electronic viewfinder (color) with 2.36 Million dots, whereas the Sony a6000’s viewfinder has only 1.44 million dots. So, the Sony a6300’s viewfinder is better than its opponent.
LCD monitor and Battery:
Both cameras have a 7.5cm (3.0-type) wide TFT LCD monitor with a tilting adjustment feature. They have 921.6K million dots and a brightness control facility. Another side, they have an NP-FW50 rechargeable battery, but the Sony a6300 has better optimization as you can take 400 photos with it. But, with the Sony a6000, you can shoot only 360 frames. Therefore, we strongly recommend the Sony a6300 camera.
Now, you can see that the Sony a6300 has better features and will provide you with a fantastic photographic experience. Therefore, we strongly recommend you this mirrorless camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a6000 and Sony a6300
|Between the Sony a6000 and Sony a6300, which one has a more powerful battery? |
Both cameras have NP-FW50 rechargeable batteries, but the Sony a6300 has better battery optimization as you can take 40 more pictures than the Sony a6000.
Can I take stabilized photos with a Sony a6000 camera?
This camera doesn’t have in-built image stabilization, but you can take stabilized photos if you use a lens.
What is the focus type of Sony a6300?
This device has a Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with 425 points.
Is there any microphone terminal in the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera?
This camera doesn’t have this port, but the Sony a6300 has a 3.5mm Stereo minijack microphone terminal.
Can I record a 4K resolution video with a Sony a6000?
Unfortunately, you can record only Full-HD videos with this camera, but Sony a6300 can record 4K resolution videos.
You may check some related comparisons below-