The Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S are great cameras with some advanced features. But, if you want to choose the best one of these two devices, we strongly recommend you to choose Panasonic GH5. So, please read the below and explain why we urge you to go with the Panasonic GH5.
Why Do We Recommend Choosing Panasonic GH5?
- Panasonic GH5 will submit a 100-25600 auto ISO sensitivity range, but Panasonic GH5S comes with only a 100-12800 ISO sensitivity range. The high auto ISO range of the Panasonic GH5 will help you take some excellent pictures even in dark weather.
- The effective image sensor size of the Panasonic GH5 is 20 megapixels. For this high-image sensor of this device, you can get some high-resolution pictures with more details. On the other hand, the image sensor of the Panasonic GH5S is only 10 megapixels which is less robust than the Panasonic GH5.
- It has a touchscreen display, and you can do all kinds of settings by touching your fingers on the screen effortlessly. In comparison, you will not see this with the Panasonic GH5S.
- The device is combined with built-in WiFi connectivity that will help you to share your photos and videos with your smart devices in no time. In contrast, you will miss this essential feature with the Panasonic GH5.
- Panasonic GH5 has image stabilization features to help you take great shots even when your hands are shaking. On the other hand, you will miss this feature if you go with Panasonic GH5S.
Considering the Panasonic GH5 camera’s ISO sensitivity range, built-in WiFi connection, and image stabilization, you can consider the device. So, we will highly recommend you pick the Panasonic GH5.
Similar Features Between Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S.
- Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S can shoot 12 frames every second. With this continuous shooting speed, you can take some crystal-clear snaps and even fast-moving objects at the fastest speed with these devices.
- They come with a robust battery that can let you take up to 1800 images with a full charge. So, if you go with any one of these two cameras, you can cover a daylong program easily.
- Both of these devices’ screen size is 3.2 inches. As the display gets more extensive, you can see the pictures and videos clearly on the screen.
- A flashlight has been programmed with these two gadgets that will help you to adjust to natural light and click some excellent images in any weather condition.
- The Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S cameras come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty from the authority. If you find a problem with these cameras by this given time, you can fix it for free.
- These cameras are designed with a 4k video recording feature. Therefore, if you are a Vlogger or love to record, you can take some astonishing cinematic video footage.
Panasonic GH5 vs Panasonic GH5S Comparison Chart
|Specification||Panasonic GH5||Panasonic GH5S|
|Editor’s rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|ISO sensitivity range||100-25600||100-12800|
|Effective image sensor||20.3-megapixel||10-megapixel|
|Continuous drive speed||12 fps||12 fps|
|Video recording||4K UHD||4K UHD|
|Item dimension||5.83 x 7.56 x 6.14 inches||5.45 x 3.86 x 3.44 inches|
|Warranty||One year limited||One year limited|
Features & Benefits of Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S
If you are talking about image sensors, we suggest choosing Panasonic GH5. Because it has 20.3 megapixels of an effective image sensor, this is why camera will allow you to take very nice and realistic pictures. On the other hand, the image sensor size of the Panasonic GH5S is 10 megapixels. Therefore, it is also capable of giving some beautiful snaps. However, Panasonic GH5 is better in terms of image sensors.
ISO Sensitivity Range
The ISO sensitivity range is one of the first things you have to look for when buying a camera. If you see the ISO range is better for a particular camera, you can go with that one. Therefore, the higher the ISO range of a camera, the better pictures you will be able to take.
The auto ISO sensitivity range of the Panasonic GH5 is 100-25600. The high ISO range of the Panasonic GH5 will give you a clear picture even in a place where you are struggling with the perfect light.
Besides, the auto ISO range of the Panasonic GH5S is 100-12800. So, this camera is also can deliver you some fantastic snaps. But, it can not be like the Panasonic GH5.
Image stabilization is one of the essential features. Therefore, the image stabilization feature is available with the Panasonic GH5 camera. The advantage of having this feature is that it protects against your shaking hands and delivers you some great shots. But you will not get this feature with Panasonic GH5S. So this time, the absolute winner is the GH5.
Continuous Shoot Speed
Panasonic GH5 and GH5S can shoot 12 frames every second. So, you will not miss any sudden moment or special event if you choose them. Moreover, they can give you sharp images with more details of their high continuous drive speed. Therefore, if you are a wild photographer, you can choose anyone because you can capture the animals’ movements with these devices perfectly.
Display and Design
The Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S have 3.2 inches LCD screens, which are black.
But, the Panasonic GH5 has an upgraded LCD touchable display. This touchable screen of the Panasonic GH5 camera helps you effortlessly set up your camera function with your finger. The sad thing is that you will not get this unique feature with the Panasonic GH5S.
Besides, the Panasonic GH5S is a lightweight camera of only 635 grams with 5.45 x 3.86 x 3.44 inches of item dimension. On another side, the Panasonic GH5 is a bit heavyweight compared to its competitor, and it weighs 725 grams with 5.83 x 7.56 x 6.14 inches of product dimension.
It is essential to have the ability to take some quality videos with your chosen camera. In this regard, both of these Panasonic devices can give you 4k videos. And they can record high-quality videos with more details. With these cameras, you can shoot various Vlogs videos, wedding ceremony clips, short films, movies, and so on. So, you can go with any of these.
Now, let’s talk about the connectivity of these devices. And the Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S both cameras have WiFi connectivity. Therefore, the most significant advantage of having WiFi connectivity is that it will take a short time to share your photos and videos with your friends. In addition, Panasonic GH5 is featured built-in WiFi connectivity that can offer you to share your images and videos to your smart devices within less time. Thus, the GH5 will save you valuable time.
Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S are made with solid metal that you can usually use for a few years without any problem. However, the authorities have given a 1-year limited warranty. Therefore, if you find any issues within this period, you can get free service and solve the problem by showing the warranty cards of the camera.
The Panasonic GH5 is the premiere edition. With this camera, you will get some fancy features that you will not get with Panasonic GH5S. For example, the device has a 100-25600 auto ISO sensitivity range and a touchable LCD screen. Besides, it comes with a 20 MP image sensor size and built-in WiFi connectivity that can let you transfer your images and videos to laptops, PC, and tablets in no time.
Finally, we recommend you choose the Panasonic GH5 camera. Or you can go with the Panasonic GH5S if you are not satisfied with our advice.
Frequently asked questions about Panasonic GH5 vs Panasonic GH5S
Can I use a dual SD card with Panasonic GH5?
Yes, you can use a dual SD card with Panasonic GH5. Therefore, you can put your snaps and shorts there using a dual SD card.
What is the most remarkable feature of the Panasonic GH5 and GH5S?
There are many excellent features available with the Panasonic GH5 and Panasonic GH5S, and you can shoot 6k photos and record 4k videos with them. In addition, you can shoot movies, short films—and telefilms with these devices.
Can I use the German language with Panasonic GH5S?
Yes, you can do it. If you want, you can change the language of this camera and use the camera as your chosen language.
Can I take a different angle photo with Panasonic GH5?
Yes, you can take images from a different angle with this camera. As the screen of this device is touchable, you can rotate the setting with your hands and take snaps from different angles.
Read camera-related articles from the below links –