Panasonic GH4 vs GH5 – What Makes GH5 Better Choice?
Panasonic GH4 and Panasonic GH5 are superb numerical cameras with some stunning features. However, when it comes to features, I will nominate the Panasonic GH5 camera because it has high-quality features that I will explain below.
Why did I submit Panasonic GH5?
- Panasonic GH5 can record unlimited 4k videos. But Panasonic GH4 can not record 4k videos for more than 30 minutes. Therefore, the Panasonic GH5 will help you record amazing and long videos like movies, short-film, vlogs, etc.
- You get the image stabilization feature with the Panasonic GH5. But, with Panasonic GH4, you will not get this property. This feature with Panasonic GH5 will help you get some fantastic photos and videos even when your hands move.
- At every second, the Panasonic GH5 can shoot 60 frames. In comparison, the Panasonic GH5 can shoot only 40 frames per second. So, the Panasonic GH5 ensures the clarity of pictures, especially when you click on some moving objects of its continuous drive speed.
- Another nice feature of the Panasonic GH5 is that it clicks 6k pictures. And Panasonic GH4 can only click 4k images. You know, 6k photos are much better than 4k pictures. Moreover, Panasonic GH5 gives you excellent snaps for having this feature.
- The auto ISO sensitivity range of Panasonic GH5 is 200-25600. On the other hand, Panasonic GH4 has only a 100-25600 auto ISO range. Due to the higher auto ISO sensitivity range of the Panasonic GH5, it can automatically adjust the weather depending on the location and circumstance. And thus, it will provide you with some amazing photos.
- With the Panasonic GH5, you can share your videos and images via Bluetooth. In contrast, the Panasonic GH4 does not have this feature.
- The GH5 is a lightweight device of only 560 grams, whereas the Panasonic GH4 is 725 grams. Now you see, Panasonic GH5 is more comfortable for use for a long time, and also you can carry it anywhere on the go.
- The GH5’s focus point is 225, while the Panasonic GH4 has only 49 focus points. So, the GH5 can control and maintain the focus perfectly on your targeted place and deliver you some fantastic pictures.
After reviewing everything mentioned above, I strongly suggest you choose the Panasonic GH5. Because of its different upgraded features like auto ISO range, can click 6k images, Bluetooth connectivity, and continuous shooting speed, you can go with this device.
Panasonic GH5 vs GH4 comparison chart
|Specification||Panasonic GH5||Panasonic GH4|
|Editor’s rating||4.8 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Auto ISO sensitivity range||200-25600||100-6400|
|Continuous drive speed||60||40|
|Battery power||1800 shots||900 shots|
|Video recording||4k UHD||Full HD (4k for only 30 minutes)|
|Effective Image sensor||20.3 Megapixel||16.05 Megapixel|
|Image processor||EXPEED 5||EXPEED 3|
|Product dimension||5.45 x 3.92 x 3.95 inches||5.24 x 3.31 x 3.66 inches|
|Sensor type||MOS sensor||MOS sensor|
|Warranty||One year limited||One year limited|
Features & Benefits of Panasonic GH5 and GH4.
Weight and Dimension
Panasonic GH5 is a lightweight device compared to its competitor. It weighs 560 grams, while the Panasonic GH4 weighs725-gram. The Dimension of the Panasonic GH5 is 5.45 x 3.92 x 3.95 inches, and the Panasonic GH4 is 5.24 x 3.31 x 3.66 inches. So you see that the Panasonic GH4 has more weight than its opponent. Therefore, you can keep the Panasonic GH5 camera with you when you are traveling. Now to me, the Panasonic GH5 is more comfortable for daily use.
ISO Sensitivity Range
The ISO range of a camera is one of the most crucial issues. The higher the ISO range of a camera, you can expect the better the picture with that camera. The most significant advantage of having a more ISO sensitivity range is that the image gets clearer in a low-light place. For example, the ISO range of the Panasonic GH5 camera is 200-25600, which works automatically when the light is poor.
On the other hand, the ISO sensitivity range of Panasonic GH4 is 100-25600. Because of the higher SIO sensitivity range, it can automatically work for you when needed in dark circumstances and provide you with some great shots.
Image stabilization is one of the most sought-after features in today’s world. The image stabilization feature is available with the Panasonic GH5 camera. The advantage of having this feature is that it protects against your shaking hands and delivers you some great shots. But, you will not get this feature with Panasonic GH4. So this time, the absolute winner is the GH5.
Video Resolution (4k Video and 6k Photo)
Nowadays, professionals who record videos and do not feel comfortable recording 1080p or HD videos are interested in recording 4k videos. And you get this 4k video recording feature with Panasonic GH5.
However, with the Panasonic GH4, you can record 4k videos, but not more than 30 minutes. With Panasonic GH5, you can record different movies and long-time 4k videos.
Panasonic GH5 brings a new change for photographers. Because with the Panasonic GH5, you can shoot 6k pictures. And with Panasonic GH4, you can just click 4k images. So undoubtedly, we can say that the 6k photos are much better than the 4k pictures of 4k. This feature of the Panasonic GH5 is really great and keeps it at the top of the user interest lists.
Continuous Drive Speed
Panasonic GH5 can shoot 60 frame photos every second, while Panasonic GH4 has to click only 40 frames every second. The high continuous shooting speed of the GH5 camera can help you to click quality images, even fast-moving objects. If you go with the GH5, you will not miss any sudden moment for sure, and you can take pictures of any animal when they are running. If you are a wildlife photographer or sports journalist, then Panasonic GH5 is perfect for you.
Effective Image Sensor
One of the essential features of the camera is the image sensor. With the Panasonic GH5, you get a bigger sensor of MOS 20.3 megapixels. Therefore, you can get a high-quality picture with this higher image sensor. On the other hand, the GH4 image sensor is MOS 16.05 Megapixels.
The size of the Panasonic GH5s image sensor is more significant than that of the Panasonic GH4. So, you will not have any difficulty cropping for having this feature. Plus, Panasonic GH5 can take significant size snaps from different angles, and you don’t face any problem when it works on the zoom lens.
The Panasonic GH5 and the Panasonic GH4 both cameras have the same time limit for warranty. The duration of these two camera warrants is 12 months. If there is a problem within 12 months after purchasing the cameras, the authorities are obliged to rectify it. But, you have to keep the device fresh, and no harm done by you will be acceptable.
Towards the end, I would like to say that if you want to use a good quality camera, I will urge you again to choose the Panasonic GH5 camera because it has some miraculous features. For example, it has a high ISO sensitivity range, fast continuous shooting speed, and image stabilization function. Therefore, the aesthetic qualities of this device can give you an excellent user experience. However, you can go with Panasonic GH4 if you want. But if you’re going to choose the best one, I recommend you choose Panasonic GH5.
Frequently asked questions about Panasonic GH4 vs GH5
Can I use a dual SD card with Panasonic GH5?
Yes, you can use a dual SD card with Panasonic GH5. Therefore, you can put your snaps and shorts there using a dual SD card.
What is the most remarkable feature of the Panasonic GH5?
There are many excellent features available with this Panasonic GH5, and you can shoot 6k photos and record 4k videos. In addition, you can shoot movies, short films—telefilms with this device.
Can I use the German language with Panasonic GH4?
Yes, you can do it. If you want, you can change the language of this camera and use the camera as your chosen language.
Can I take a different angel’s photos with a Panasonic GH4?
Yes, you can take images from different angles with this camera of its touchable screen. As the screen of this device is touchable, you can rotate the setting with your hands and take snaps from different angles.
Related articles here –