Nikon Z7 and Sony A7iii are built with quality features, but you should pick the Sony A7iii rather than its competitor. Check out the section below to know why you should go with Sony A7iii.
Why You Should Go With the Sony A7iii?
- The A7iii combines with longer battery life than the Z7. It can last for up to 610 shots, whereas its competitor can hold a battery up to 330 shots. Thus you can capture images confidently on this device for a longer time.
- The device has maximum light sensitivity than Nikon Z7. Because it has 51,200 ISO range besides, its rival has 25,600 ISO. So you can click some stunning images in the lower light.
- It is combined with 693 focus points, whereas the Z7 has 493 focus points. Hence, you will get fast and accurate subject acquisition on this device.
- Sony A7iii delivers you quicker shooting speed than the Nikon Z7, which is packed with 10fps continuous shooting speed. On the other side, the Nikon Z7 has 9fps.
- This DSLR camera has a phase-detection autofocus system, but the Nikon Z7 doesn’t include this function. However, during video recording, it provides you faster contrast and autofocuses the fast-moving object’s area. And your video will be more transparent and sharper.
- The A7iii has an NFC sharing option so that you can easily share photos to nearby electronic devices. Unfortunately, the Z7 does not offer this function.
These incredible features made the Sony A7iii the best camera rather than Nikon Z7. So you can go with this camera if you want to enjoy photography the most.
Similar Features of the Nikon Z7 and Sony A7iii
- Both of them have a tiltable touch screen, and it gives you the freedom to have some tricky shots. Also, you can efficiently operate these cameras.
- Sony A7iii and Nikon Z7 are splash/dustproof devices that protect them.
- They support wifi and Bluetooth to ensure easy sharing, plus the wifi helps to upgrade them.
- The Z7 and A7iii are equipped with image stabilization features that will correct any blurriness from photos.
Nikon Z7 vs Sony A7iii: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Nikon Z7||Sony A7iii|
|Editor’s Rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||330 shots||610 shots|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||9 fps||10 fps|
|Dimension||5.3 x 2.7 x 4 inches||5 x 3.88 x 3 inches|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||45.7 megapixels||24.2 megapixels|
|Tiltable LCD screen||Yes||Yes|
|Weight||1.29 lbs||1.44 lbs|
Differences and Similarities between the Nikon Z7 and Sony A7iii
These mirrorless cameras will deliver impressive images. Both cameras can produce sharp, rich, brilliant photos. However, Nikon Z7 gives you a higher resolution with 45.5 MP, while the Sony A7iii has a 24 MP resolution.
Though Sony has a smaller image sensor, it can give you awesome photography because it has a 100-51200 ISO range. And this higher ISO ensures you get exceptional pictures even in a low-light environment.
At the same time, Nikon Z7 has a 64-25600 ISO capacity that also can shoot incredible images in low lights. But Sony has a better ISO, so it can provide you exceptional quality results.
Nikon Z7 and Sony A7iii have the same video resolution. They can capture a 4K video at 24p or 30p. Anyhow, these devices are great for vlogging because they have built-in microphones so that you get professional audio.
These two devices are integrated with the image stabilization functions. It makes sure you can smoothly record video or capture photos. Image stabilization reduces the blur from photos with the fastest movement object. Also, they have an autofocus feature that automatically focuses on the object to provide you crisp detailed images.
Focus Point and Continuous Shooting
Sony A7iii is built with 693 focus points to give you an accurate result than its competitor. Because the Nikon Z7 has only 493 focus points.
In addition, the A7iii has 10fps speed, whereas the Nikon has 9fps. Though the difference is very little yet it is excellent for quicker shooting. Since Sony has more focus points plus fps, you should give it a thought of getting this device.
These are different because Sony A7iii can hold the battery for longer when it comes to battery life. It can take 610 shots on a charge, while the Nikon Z7 can capture 330 photos. Therefore, you can confidently use the Sony A7iii. It is also an excellent choice for professional photography since the device will last longer.
You can charge these cameras via USB cable, and it is very convenient as you can charge up the device on the go.
Both of them are built with a Tiltable LCD screen for easy use. The screen can be up and down to your needs, and thus you will get flexible framing. It also helps you to capture tricky shots. The LCD screen also has a touch function for easy operation.
Size & weight
While purchasing a DSLR camera, considering size & weight is an important thing. Nikon and Sony are almost identical in size or weight. The Nikon measures 5.3 x 2.7 x 4 inches, while Sony dimensions are 5 x 3.88 x 3 inches.
And their weights are 1.29 lbs for Nikon while the Sony is 1.44 lbs. They are compact plus lightweight, so you can carry them easily on the go.
Sony A7iii and Nikon Z7 can be used for years to come since these are splash/dustproof devices. So your camera won’t mind a little water or dust, but you should take care of your device.
Moreover, they offer a limited one-year warranty from the date you register and purchase it. This period will cover any kind of workmanship defects but won’t cover if you damage the camera.
Keep in mind another thing, and the warranty is only applicable for the original user.
Nikon and Sony are combining with fantastic features, as you can see. But we strongly recommend you grab the Sony A7iii. That’s because it can shoot impressive images in low light conditions and has longer battery life and NFC, and other functions. Additionally, it is a budget-friendly DSLR camera than Nikon Z7.
Anyhow, if the Nikon Z7 fits your budget and you want a higher image sensor, then you can go with this either.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony A7iii and Nikon Z7
How many card slots are available on Nikon Z7?
You will find one card slot on the Nikon Z7.
Do they have an image stabilization feature?
Yes, Both Nikon Z7 and Sony A7iii have image stabilization sensors so that you can capture clear pictures.
What is the video resolution on Sony A7iii?
Sony A7iii device can shoot 4k video at 30p or 24p.
Will I get a memory card with the Sony A7iii?
No, this doesn’t provide a memory card, you have to purchase it separately.
Can I turn the LCD for selfies?
No, Nikon or Sony screens cannot turn to face front for selfies.
Does Sony A7iii have an Italian menu?
Yes, you will get an Italian language option on this camera.
Read related articles here –
- Canon Sl3 vs Nikon D5600
- Canon T7 vs Nikon D3500
- Nikon D5300 vs D5600
- Canon M50 vs Sony A6400
- Canon M50 vs Sony A6000
- Canon Rebel T6 vs T7
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: