Nikon Z6 and Z7 are wonderful full-frame cameras. But, if you are looking for the best one, Nikon Z7 would be an excellent choice as this mirrorless camera has some unique features. Let’s find out.
What Features Made Nikon Z7 Best?
- Nikon Z7 camera is built with 45.7 megapixels Full-frame Stacked CMOS sensor whereas Nikon Z6 has only 24.5 Megapixels. Therefore, Z7 has better and bigger effective pixels than the other one, plus it enables you to take high-resolution photos and videos.
- This device has a new Hybrid Autofocus with 493 points. Another side, Nikon Z6 has only 273 focus points. So, when you are about to take photos with Nikon Z7, it can track the object instantly and accurately. But, you won’t get this performance with the Nikon Z6 camera.
- Nikon Z7 has better battery optimization than its opponent, as with this camera, you can capture up to 330 photos by charging it once. In contrast, with Nikon Z6, you can take only 310 images.
So, if you want stunning image quality, perfectly focused photos, and a powerful battery, Nikon Z7 would be an amazing choice. Another side, if you prefer a higher ISO range and better drive speed, you can go for the Nikon Z6 Camera. Still, we will recommend the Nikon Z7 Mirrorless camera for you.
Similar Features of Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7 camera:
- Both Nikon Z6 and Z7 come with 3.2 inches Tilting TFT monitors with 2.10 million dots and touch compatibility. Therefore, you can adjust the camera’s LCD at different angles and capture photos and videos for social media content.
- They have an EXPEED 6 image-processing engine that maintains the color combination, minimizes noise, and make sure overall fast performance.
- These devices have 5-axis VR image stabilization. Hence, with them, you can take steadier shots every time.
- Both cameras are capable of recording cinematic 4K resolution videos.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty with these full-frame cameras; hence if you find any manufacturing defect, you can claim the free repairing service from the company.
Nikon Z6 vs Z7 Specification Chart
|Specification||Nikon Z6||Nikon Z7|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.5 Megapixels||45.7 Megapixels|
|Sensor Type||Stacked CMOS sensor||Stacked CMOS sensor|
|Auto Focus points||273||493|
|Battery Power||310 images per charge||330 shots|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-51200||64-25600|
|Expandable ISO range||50-204800||32-102400|
|Continuous Drive Speed||12 frames per second||9 frames per second|
|LCD monitor||3.2 inches Tilting TFT||3.2 inches Tilting TFT|
|Monitor’s resolution||2.10 Million dots||2.10 Million dots|
|Viewfinder Type||1.27-cm/0.5-in. approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED||1.27-cm/0.5-in. approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED|
|Weight(Body only)||585 grams||585 grams|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 6||EXPEED 6|
|Image Stabilization||5-axis in-body||5-axis in-body|
|Video recording||4K UHD resolution||4K UHD resolution|
|Warranty policy||One-year limited||One-year limited|
Features & Benefits of Nikon Z6 and Z7
Weight and Dimension
Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera weighs 585 grams, and its dimension is 5.3 in.x 4 in. x 2.7 in. Another side, Nikon Z7 comes with 585 grams weight and 5.3 in.x 4 in. x 2.7 in. size. So, you can see that both devices have the same size and weight. In addition, their compact shape ensures a comfortable photographic experience.
Image processor and Continuous drive speed
Both full-frame mirrorless cameras have an EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. This powerful processor reduces Noise and enhances more clarity to your captured images and videos. Again, the continuous shooting speed of Z6 is 12 frames per second, and Z7 has a 9fps speed. So, with Z6, you can take better shots of any fast-moving objects than Z7. But, for regular use, you won’t be disappointed with the Nikon Z7’s performance.
Nikon Z7 camera comes with 45.7 Megapixels Full-Frame Stacked CMOS sensor, and Nikon Z6 has only 24.5 Megapixels. Nikon Z7 has a bigger image sensor than its opponent Z6 camera. So, the Z7 camera will produce more detailed photos and high-quality videos than Z6.
ISO sensitivity range
Nikon Z6’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, and you can modify this range to 50-204800. Besides, Nikon Z7 comes with a 64-25600 ISO range, plus this range can be increased to 102400. In auto mode, both cameras deliver decent performances. Still, Z6 provides better opportunities in low-light situations than Z7.
Viewfinder Type and LCD monitor
Nikon Z6 and Z7 have a 1.27-cm Quad-VGA electronic viewfinder with 3690k dots; hence you will have a clear preview of the object with full-frame coverage. In addition, they have a 3.2 inches Tilting TFT monitor with 2.10 Million dots. Moreover, these monitors have a touch panel. So, using your fingertips, you can adjust the settings quickly.
You can see that Nikon Z7 comes with some excellent features that are not available in the Nikon Z6. Therefore, we strongly recommend the Nikon Z7 camera for an exceptional photographic experience. Otherwise, Choosing Z6 won’t be the wrong choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7
Which one has better autofocus between Nikon Z6 and Z7 cameras?
Nikon Z7 has new Hybrid autofocus with 493 points, and Z6 has only 273. Therefore, Nikon Z7 has better autofocus than its opponent between these two cameras.
Is there any image stabilization in Nikon Z6?
Yes, this device has 5-axis VR image stabilization. Therefore, it can reduce blurriness from the camera shakings.
Which camera can take high-resolution photos, between Z7 and Z6?
Nikon Z7 has 45.7 Megapixels Stacked CMOS image sensor, whereas Nikon Z6 has only 24.5 Megapixels. So, with a bigger image sensor, Z7 can take higher resolution photos than the other one.
Does Z7 support wireless transfer?
Yes, this mirrorless camera supports Wi-Fi. So, you can wirelessly transfer RAW, movie files, and JPEG.
What is the viewfinder coverage of the Nikon Z7 camera?
This camera has a Quad VGA viewfinder with 3.6 Million dots. Besides, this viewfinder can cover 100% of the frame and provides you with sharp magnification.