Sony a7iii and Nikon Z6 are top-rated mirrorless cameras, but we recommend you Sony a7iii as this camera has more unique features than the other one.
Why We Recommend To Choose Sony a7iii?
- Sony a7iii has 693 autofocus points, and Nikon Z6 has only 273 points. Therefore, a7iii provides you a better opportunity to focus on any particular object to get noise-free impressive images.
- This camera comes with a 1.30 cm XGA OLED viewfinder, whereas Nikon Z6 has a 1.27cm Quad VGA. So, Sony a7iii’s bigger Viewfinder helps you preview the objects better than the Z6 camera.
- The Anti-Flicker Shooting mode is available in Sony a7iii camera, which helps you capture stunning images by reducing differences between the color tone and exposure caused by flickering. Yet, this feature isn’t available in Nikon Z6.
- Sony a7iii has a powerful NP-FZ100 rechargeable battery as you can capture 610 shots and record videos for 115 minutes by charging it once. In contrast, Nikon Z6 can capture only 310 frames plus record 81 minutes of video.
- This device is NFC supported, which makes it more convenient to transfer your files in no time. But Nikon Z6 doesn’t have this feature.
So, you can see that the Sony a7iii has better autofocus points, a bigger viewfinder, a powerful battery, and NFC compatibility. These features make Sony a7iii camera better than Nikon Z6. Therefore, we strongly recommend a Sony a7iii camera for your smooth photographic experience.
Similar Features of Sony a7iii and Nikon Z6 camera:
- Their ISO range (auto) is 100-51200, and you can expand this range to 50-204800. So, both can capture beautiful shots with sharp details even in low lighting conditions.
- The LCD monitors of these cameras are tilting; hence you can tilt the monitor and capture your desired images or videos from different angles.
- Both cameras have 5-axis image stabilization that helps you get sharp photos by reducing blurriness.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty with these cameras.
|Specifications||Nikon z6||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s rating||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Viewfinder||1.27 cm ( Quad VGA)||1.3 cm (XGA OLED)|
|Image stabilization||Yes ( 5-Axis)||Yes ( 5-Axis)|
|Battery life||310 frames||610 frames|
|LCD Monitor||3.2 inches||3 inches|
|Continuous Drive Speed||12 frames per second||10 frames per second|
|Shutter Speed||1/8000 to 30 sec||1/8000 to 30 sec|
|Silent shooting feature||Yes||Yes|
|Sensor Resolution||24.5 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|Video capability||4K resolution||4K resolution|
|Image sensor||BSI image sensor||Exmor R CMOS sensor|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 6||Bionz X|
|Warranty Period||One year limited||One year limited|
Similarities and differences of Sony a7iii and Nikon Z6 cameras:
Weight and dimension:
Excluding battery and SD card Sony a7iii weighs 1.44 pounds, and the Nikon Z6 weighs 1.29 pounds. Again, the dimension of a7iii camera is 5 x 3.88 x 3 inches, and Z6 comes with a 5.3 x 2.7 x 4 inches size.
So, you can see that a7iii has a lightweight and small dimension that enables you to use the camera comfortably. In addition, you can use these cameras at any challenging temperature like 32 to 104°F.
Battery life and warranty policy:
Nikon Z6 has an EN-EL15b rechargeable Li-ion battery, and you can shoot 310 photos plus 81 minutes videos. Another side, Sony a7iii’s NP-FZ 100 rechargeable battery provides you enough power to shoot 610 images and 115 minutes videos. Therefore, you can see that Sony a7iii camera’s battery is more powerful than the other one.
Image Sensor and ISO:
Sony a7iii has 24.2 Megapixels full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor, and Nikon Z6 comes with 24.5 Megapixels BSI image sensor. Therefore, both cameras are capable of recording 4K resolution videos and high-quality images.
Besides, their ISO range ( auto) is 100-51200, plus you can increase this range to 50-204800. So, You can capture highly detailed images in any lighting condition, even if the light is low.
Image Processor, Continuous shooting speed, and IS:
Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera has EXPEED 6, and The Sony a7iii comes with a Bionz X image processor. Both processors provide a fast performance of the cameras plus ensure high resolution, sharp and vibrant photos.
Again, a7iii’s continuous shooting speed is ten frames per second, and Z6 has 12fps. Here, Z6 provides you a better opportunity than a7iii while capturing images of a fast-moving object. Lastly, both devices have 5-axis image stabilization for highly detailed pictures, and it reduces blurriness.
LCD monitor and Viewfinder:
Sony a7iii comes with 3.0 inches tilting LCD monitor with 0.9 million dots, and Nikon Z6 has 3.2 inches monitor with 2.1 Million dots. Again, both cameras have a touch panel as you can easily control and change the settings.
Moreover, the Viewfinder helps you to preview the object before capturing it. Here, a7iii has a 1.3 cm XGA OLED viewfinder, and the other one comes with a 1.27 cm Quad VGA viewfinder. Therefore, a7iii provides you the best chance to preview objects with details as this camera has a bigger Viewfinder.
You can see that the Sony a7iii is formed with more modern and work-friendly features than the Nikon Z6 camera. Therefore, we strongly recommend you get a Sony a7iii camera for a smooth photographic experience.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a7iii and Nikon Z6
|Between a7iii and z6, which one has a powerful battery?|
Between these two cameras, the Sony a7iii has a powerful NP-FZ 100 battery, enabling you to capture 610 frames and record 115 minutes videos. Another side, Nikon z6 can capture only 310 frames and 81 minutes duration videos by charging the battery once.
What is the continuous drive speed of the Nikon Z6 camera?
Nikon Z6 camera’s continuous drive speed is 12 frames per second, as you can capture stunning shots of any fast-moving object.
Do they have Image stabilization?
Yes, both cameras have 5-axis Image stabilization; hence these cameras can reduce noises and blurriness from the photos and videos.
Can I expand the ISO range of the Sony a7iii camera?
Yes, usually, the ISO range of this device is 100-51200, but this range can be increased to 50-204800. Therefore, this camera can produce detailed images even in low lights.
Between them, which one can focus better?
Between Sony a7iii and Nikon Z6, a7iii camera can focus better as this camera has 693 focus points whereas Nikon Z6 has only 273 points.
You can also read some other camera comparisons below:
- Sony a7ii vs a7iii
- Sony a6100 vs a6400
- Sony a7 III vs a7R III
- Canon R vs RP
- Canon 80D vs M50
- Nikon D5300 vs D5600
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: