Nikon Z5 and Nikon Z6 are fantastic mirrorless cameras on the Market. But after comparing them, we found some unique features in the Nikon Z6 camera. Therefore, we believe that the Nikon Z6 will be an excellent choice for you.
Why Nikon Z6 Is The Best Choice?
- The continuous shooting speed of the Nikon Z6 is 12 frames per second, whereas Nikon Z5 has only 4.5 frames per second speed. So, with Nikon Z6, you won’t miss the perfect shots of any fast-moving object.
- This camera has a 24.5 Megapixel Stacked CMOS sensor, whereas Nikon Z5 has a 24.3 Megapixel. Hence, Nikon Z6 has a bigger image sensor than its opponent, plus this device can produce high-resolution images and videos.
- Its ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, and you can expand this range to 50-204800. Another side, Nikon Z5’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, and this range is expandable to 50-102400. Therefore, Nikon Z6 can handle all photo shots in low-light situations with a higher ISO range.
- This device’s 3.2inches LCD comes with 2.10 Million dots, whereas Nikon Z5’s LCD has only 1.04 Million dots. Therefore, you will have a great preview of the captured files on the Nikon Z6 monitor.
- Nikon Z6 weighs 585 grams, whereas Nikon Z5 weighs 590 grams. Hence, Nikon Z6 weighs 5gram lighter than its opponent plus this device has a very comfortable hand grip.
So, if you are looking for a mirrorless camera with unique features, Nikon Z6 would be an excellent choice! Otherwise, you can choose Nikon Z5; if you want a powerful battery and have a limited budget. Still, we suggest the Nikon Z6 camera for a fantastic photographic experience as you are not going to buy a new camera repeatedly.
Similar Features of Nikon Z5 and Nikon Z6
- Nikon Z5 and Nikon Z6 have a 1.27-cm Quad VGA viewfinder with 3690K dot. Therefore, you will have a clear view of the subject with proper details with them.
- They have Hybrid autofocus with 273 points. So, they can instantly detect the subject and capture perfect shots.
- Both cameras have EXPEED 6 image-processing engine that maintains color combination plus overall fast performance.
- They have in-body 5-axis image stabilization that makes sure you can take sharp images and stable videos.
- You can record 4K UHD resolution videos with them.
- Both cameras have a one-year limited warranty. So that you can claim free repair service from the company if any manufacturing defect is found.
Nikon Z5 vs Z6 Comparison Chart
|Specification||Nikon Z5||Nikon Z6|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-51200||100-51200|
|Expandable ISO range||50-102400||50-204800|
|Continuous Drive Speed||4.5 frames per second||12 frames per second|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.3 Megapixels||24.5 Megapixels|
|Sensor Type||Stacked CMOS sensor||Stacked CMOS sensor|
|LCD monitor||3.2 inches Tilting TFT||3.2 inches Tilting TFT|
|Monitor’s resolution||1.04 Million dots||2.10 Million dots|
|Battery Power||390frames per charge||310 images per charge|
|Viewfinder Type||1.27-cm/0.5-in. approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED||1.27-cm/0.5-in. approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED|
|Auto Focus points||273||273|
|Weight(Body only)||590 grams||585 grams|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 6||EXPEED 6|
|Image Stabilization||5-axis in-body||5-axis in-body|
|Video recording||4K UHD resolution||4K UHD resolution|
|Warranty policy||One-year limited||One-year limited|
Features & Benefits of Nikon Z5 and Nikon Z6
ISO sensitivity range
The ISO sensitivity range of the Nikon Z6 camera is 100-51200 and you can increase this range to 50-204800. Another side, Nikon Z5’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, and this range can be expanded to the 50-102400 range only.
Therefore, the Nikon Z6 mirrorless camera’s higher ISO range will help you capture sharp photos and videos in any lighting situation, even in low-lights.
Nikon Z6 camera has a 24.5 Megapixels Stacked CMOS sensor, whereas Z5 has only 24.3 Megapixels. Though both cameras have the same type of sensor, Nikon Z6 has bigger effective pixels than the Z5 camera. So, you will get better performance and high resolution with the Nikon Z6 camera than the other one. Furthermore, you can record 4K UHD resolution videos with both devices.
Image processor and Continuous shooting speed
Both Nikon Z5 and Z6 have the EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. This processor ensures stunning photo and video quality, autofocus performance, clarity, color reproduction, and more.
However, the continuous shooting speed of Z6 is 12 frames per second, whereas Z5’s drive speed is only 4.5fps. Therefore, you can capture every specific moment with the Nikon Z6 camera for its higher drive speed.
Viewfinder type and LCD monitor
Both devices have a 1.27-cm Quad VGA OLED viewfinder with 3690K dots. So, before taking the shoot, you will have a clear view of the subject. In addition, they have a 3.2 inches Tilting LCD monitor. Still, Z6’s LCD has a higher resolution (2.10 Million dots) than its opponent (1.04 Million dots). So, with Z6, you will have a better preview of the object than Z5.
Weight and Dimension
Nikon Z5 has a 134 mm x 100.5 mm x 69.5 mm dimension and 590-gram weight. Another side, Nikon Z6 weighs 585 grams, and it has a 134 mm x 100.5 mm x 67.5 mm size. However, you can see that Nikon Z6 is 5 grams lighter, and its compact size will help you to travel with this device easily.
Battery and warranty policy
Nikon Z6 has one EN-EL15b rechargeable battery, and Z5 has an EN-EL15c battery. Here, Nikon Z5’s battery is more powerful than the Nikon Z6 as with Z5; you can take 390 frames, whereas Z6 can take 310 images per charge. If you prefer to take more shots, Nikon Z5 is a good option. But, Z6’s performance in regular use won’t disappoint you. However, you will have a one-year limited warranty with these mirrorless cameras.
You can see that Nikon Z6 has better features than the Nikon Z5 mirrorless camera. Therefore, Nikon Z6 would be an excellent choice, and we strongly recommend this camera for you.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon Z5 and Nikon Z6
What is the image sensor type of the Nikon Z6 camera?
This mirrorless camera has the updated 24.5 Megapixels Stacked CMOS sensor that can produce high-quality images and videos.
Which one has a better LCD monitor between Nikon Z5 and Nikon Z6 cameras?
Nikon Z5 has 3.2 inches Tilting TFT LCD monitor with 1.04 Million dots whereas Nikon Z6 comes with the same size but 2.10 Million dots. So, Nikon Z6’s resolution is better than the other one and this camera will provide a better preview of the captured images.
Is Z6 capable of taking stabilized photos?
This device has in-body 5-axis image stabilization. So, yes, this camera can take stabilized photos by reducing blurriness caused by camera shakings.
Which one is can take low-noise photos in low-light situations?
Between these two mirrorless cameras, Nikon Z6 can take better images by reducing noises in the low-light situation as this device’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, plus you can expand this range to 50-204800. On the other side, Nikon Z5’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, expandable to 50-102400.
How many frames can I take with the Nikon Z5 camera?
Nikon Z5 camera has an EN-EL15c rechargeable battery, by which you can capture approximately 390 photos.
You may read some other camera-related comparisons below-