Nikon Z5 and Sony a7iii are impressive mirrorless cameras with fantastic performance. But when we put them side by side, we found some unique and professional features that make Sony a7iii the best one.
What Features Made Sony a7iii Best?
- Sony a7iii comes with a 100-51200 ISO sensitivity range, and you can expand it 50 to 204800. Another side, Nikon Z5’s ISO range is 100-51200, and this range can be increased to 102400. So, the Sony a7iii has a better ISO range than its opponent, plus this device will ensure incredibly detailed photos in any lighting condition.
- This device’s continuous shooting speed is 10 frames per second, whereas Nikon Z5 has 4.5 frames per second. Therefore, with Sony a7iii, you will never miss a perfect moment.
- This device is formed with Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with 693 points, whereas Nikon Z5’s focus has only 273. Therefore, Sony a7iii will lock the object better and ensure perfect focused photos every time you click.
- Sony a7iii has NP-FZ100 One rechargeable battery pack, and you can take 610 frames with it. Another side, Nikon Z5 has an EN-EL15c battery, and it can capture only 390 frames. So, with Sony a7iii, you won’t need to worry about recharging the Camera’s battery again and again.
- The weight of the Sony a7iii is 650 grams, and Nikon Z5 weighs 675 grams. So, the Sony a7iii is 15 grams lighter than its opponent.
All these features make the Sony a7iii better than the Nikon Z5 camera. That’s why we recommend the Sony a7iii camera.
- Nikon Z5 and Sony a7iii both cameras can record 4K resolution to provide cinema-quality Full HD footage.
- They have Bluetooth Connections so that you can take photos remotely.
- They have a silent shooting mode that enables you to take pictures without any sound or disturbance.
- Both devices have a 5-axis image stabilization feature that ensures sharp photos and videos.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty with these devices.
Comparison Chart: Nikon Z5 vs Sony a7iii
|Specification||Nikon Z5||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-51200||100-51200|
|Expanded ISO range||102400||50 to 204800|
|Continuous Drive Speed||4.5 frames per second||10 frames per second|
|Image Stabilization||Vibration Reduction ( 5-axis compensation)||Image Sensor-Shift mechanism (5-axis compensation)|
|Weight ( Including Battery and Memory Card)||675 grams (approx.)||650 grams (approx.)|
|Battery life for still image||390 frames||610 frames|
|Viewfinder Type||1.3-cm/0.5-in. (Quad VGA) OLED||1.3 cm (0.5 type) (color), XGA OLED|
|Viewfinder Resolution||3690k dots (Approx.)||2359K dots (Approx.)|
|Video recording||4K resolution||4K Resolution|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.3 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||8.1 cm diagonal||7.5cm (3.0-type) type TFT|
|LCD Touch panel||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty Policy||one-year (Limited)||one-year (Limited)|
Similarities & Difference Between Nikon Z5 and Sony a7iii Camera
Weight and Size:
Sony a7iii camera weighs 650 grams ( including battery and memory card), and its size is Approx. 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm. Another side, the Nikon Z5 device comes with 675 grams, and its dimension is 134 mm x 100.5 mm x 69.5 mm. So, you can see that the Sony a7iii has a lite weight and smaller dimension than its opponent, plus you can comfortably hold it while using it for a long period.
Image sensor and ISO sensitivity range:
Nikon Z5 comes with 24.3 Megapixels Stacked CMOS sensor, whereas the Sony a7iii has a 24.2Megapixels Exmor R CMOS sensor. Therefore, both cameras are capable of taking high-resolution photos and 4K resolution videos. But, again, the ISO range of a camera plays a vital role while shooting pictures in any challenging lit-condition.
Here, Nikon Z5’s ISO range is 100-51200, and this range can be increased to 102400. But, the Sony a7iii comes with a 100-51200 ISO sensitivity range, and you can expand it 50 to 204800. So, Sony a7iii’s broad ISO range will provide you with better quality and high-resolution photos than its opponent.
Image Processor and Continuous drive speed:
Sony a7iii has BIONZ X, and Nikon Z5 comes with EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. Therefore, both cameras are capable of taking stunning photos and 4K resolution videos. Again, Sony a7iii’s 10fps continuous drive speed will ensure the perfect click of every moment. But, unfortunately, Nikon Z5’s continuous shooting speed is 4.5 frames per second.
LCD monitor and viewfinder type:
Nikon Z5 has an 8.1 cm diagonal, and the Sony a7iii comes with a 7.5cm ( 3.0-type) type TFT LCD monitor. Both cameras can be operated with your touch as they have touch compatibility. Again, Sony a7iii has 1.3 cm (0.5 type) (color), XGA OLED viewfinder with 2.36 Million dots, whereas Nikon Z5 has 1.3-cm/0.5-in. (Quad VGA) OLED EVF with 3690K dots. Therefore, both cameras are capable of providing a fantastic view of the object.
Battery power :
When you go on a trip, the Camera’s battery becomes a headache as you may not get enough opportunity to charge it again and again. Therefore, you should pick a camera that has a powerful battery that provides you with enough power to capture all the special moments and scenarios. Here, Sony a7iii has an NP-FZ100 rechargeable battery, and you can take approximately 610 photos with it. Another side, With Nikon Z5’s EN-EL15c battery, you can capture only 390 images. Now, you may understand which one to choose!
So, you can see that the Sony a7iii has all the updated and work-friendly features which are not available in Nikon Z5. Therefore, we strongly recommend you this mirrorless camera. Otherwise, you can choose Nikon Z5, but you have to compromise the unique features available in a7iii.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a7iii and Nikon Z5
|Does Sony a7iii have the capability to record 4K resolution videos? |
Yes, this Camera can record 4K resolution videos at 24p and 30p.
What is the viewfinder type of a7iii Camera?
This device has XGA OLED 1.3 cm ( 0.5-type) electronic viewfinder with 2359K dots, which will give a detailed view of the object.
Between Sony a7iii and Nikon Z50, which one is better for low-light photography?
Between these two cameras, the Sony a7iii is better for low-light photography as its ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, plus you can expand this range to 50-204800.
Does Sony a7iii have an Italian menu?
Yes, this device has an Italian menu, including many other languages.
Do I have to charge Sony a7iii’s battery frequently?
No, this device has an NP-FZ100 rechargeable battery, and you can take approximately 610 photos by charging it once.
You can also read some other camera comparisons below-