Nikon d850 and Canon 5d mark iv both have improved features but I recommend you to choose the Nikon d850.
Why You should choose the Nikon d850?
- Nikon d850 can capture up to 1840 shots with a single charge. But, the alternative will last for only 900 shots with a full charge.
- This DSLR camera comes with 153 focus points, while the Canon 5d mark iv has only 61 focus points. Hence, you can effortlessly track and maintain the focus of the object to capture the best image.
- This camera’s 46 Megapixels sensor helps to capture high-quality images with more details. On the contrary, its competitor gives 30 megapixels sensors.
- You can flip the screen of this device that’s very helpful to take tricky shots. While the Canon 5d mark iv does not have this feature.
- This camera has phase detection autofocus for videos. When recording a scene with fast-moving objects, the videos will be sharper and clearer. Unfortunately, this feature is missing on the rival camera.
- It has 2.35kk dots higher screen resolution, providing a sharp-clear picture and low-noise imaging in bright and low-light shooting situations. But Canon 5d mark iv has only 1.620k dots, which is not able to give a high-quality image.
These were the unique features that make the Nikon d850 the best DSLR camera. Go for this one if you want a better camera for yourself.
- Both camera screen sizes are 3.2 inches. The ideal screen size makes it easy to operate.
- Their continuous shooting speed is 7fps which is useful for taking action shots.
- They have weather-sealed features on their body that protect the device from unwanted weather situations.
- Both cameras have 100% viewfinder coverage which provides better image output.
|Specification||Nikon d850||Canon 5d mark iv|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Product dimension||5.8 x 3.1 x 4.9 inches||3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches|
|Focus point||153 points||61 points|
|Battery Life||1840 shots||900 shots|
|Phase detection autofocus for videos||Yes||No|
|Battery level indicator||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities And Differences Between Nikon d850 VS Canon 5d mark iv
Canon 5d mark iv is 8mm shorter and 3mm thinner than Nikon d850. It’s also 5mm wider. Weight and size are also crucial for an ideal camera. This camera weight is 1015g, and the dimension is 5.8 x 3.2 x 4.9 inches. On the other side, the Nikon d850 weighs 890g, and the external dimension is 3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches.
Both camera display sizes are 3.2 inches. But the Nikon d850 screen can be flip-out while the Canon 5d mark iv display can not flip out. They provide 100% optical viewfinder coverage. Both cameras have a touchscreen feature; you can operate your device with your finger easily.
Nikon d850 has a 46mp-Full-frame BSI-CMOS sensor while its competitor has a 30mp full-frame CMOS sensor. This camera focus point is 153, and Canon 5d mark iv focus point is 61. The more focus point gives more clear and sharp images.
Both cameras have the same continuous shooting speed that is useful for catching action shots. They have a two-stage shutter speed that helps take the photos like a pro.
The number of lenses is also important for any camera. Nikon d850 has an advantage over Canon 5d mark iv. There are 309 lenses for the Nikon d850 Nikon F mount. On the other hand, 250 lense are available for Canon 5d mark iv Canon EF lens mount. Unfortunately, none of these cameras has an image stabilization feature. You can buy a lens that provides you image stabilization features.
Both device video resolutions are 4k-3840p x 2160p. Nikon d850 has a phase detection autofocus that captures the image with more details and gives a sharp image. Nikon d850 and Canon 5d mark iv both cameras have a timelapse function that shows a long passage of time sped up. They also have a slow-motion video recording option.
Both cameras have a weather-sealed option in their body. So, you can shoot all day long without any tension. Nikon d850 has a dust-proof and water resistance feature. On the other hand, Canon 5d mark iv does not have this feature.
Battery life is also an important part of any camera. This camera can take 1840 shots until the battery dies. In contrast, Canon 5d mark iv can take 900 shots. The longer battery gives you more time to photograph. They have a battery level indicator. If the battery gets damaged, you can remove it.
These devices can be connected with WiFi. You can control these devices remotely. Both cameras have an external memory slot so that you can add extra storage. They also have NFS, which allows simple device transactions.
You may already make your decision which camera is best for you. Nikon d850 gives you all advanced features which are not available in Canon 5d mark iv. It has a higher focus point, longer battery life, higher sensor resolution, etc. Otherwise, Canon 5d mark ii is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Nikon D850 and canon 5d mark iv
Does the memory card come with the camera?
You have to buy them separately. The XQD card is better – the camera should have come with two of those slots instead of the SDcard slot – so get one of those if you can.
Does this use the same batteries as the d810?
Yes, you can use it.
Does this support manual lenses?
You can use a manual lens in manual and aperture mode.
What is the return policy?
Anything you buy from Amazon has a 30-day return policy.
Check out related articles from the below links –
- Canon 6D Mark ii vs 5D mark iv
- Nikon D5600 vs Canon T7
- Canon 6d vs 6d mark ii
- Nikon Z7 vs Sony A7iii
- Canon Sl3 vs Nikon D5600
- Canon T7 vs Nikon D3500
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: