Nikon D800 and Nikon D850 both are marvelous cameras with advanced features. But, if you want to choose the best one of these two cameras, we strongly recommend you pick the Nikon D850.
Why do we expose the Nikon D850?
- Nikon D850 will submit a 64-25600 auto ISO sensitivity range. And Nikon D800 guarantees you only 100-6400 auto ISO sensitivity range. Due to the high ISO range of the Nikon D850, it will help you take some amazing pictures even in a dark place.
- In every second, Nikon D850 can take 7-pictures. On the other hand, the Nikon D800 will help you shoot only 4-pictures per second. So, you can take some stunning photos, even the fast-moving objects, with the Nikon D850.
- With the Nikon D850, you can shoot 4k videos that will deliver you with some high-resolution clips, which is much better than HD video. But the Nikon D800 can only record HD quality clips.
- The Nikon D850 is combined with a powerful battery, and you can click up to 1840 images with a full charge. But, the Nikon D800 can let you take only 900 snaps with a full charge. Therefore, the Nikon D850 will help you capture 940 more shots than the Nikon D800. So, you can cover a daylong program effortlessly with this device.
- Nikon D850 has a touchable LCD screen, and Nikon D800 has only a general and fixed display. So, with Nikon D850, you can click photos from a different angles of its touchable display.
- The effective image sensor size of the Nikon D850 is 48 mp. For this high-image sensor of this device, you can get some high-resolution pictures with more details. On the other hand, the image sensor of the Nikon D800 is only 36.3mp which is less powerful than the D850.
- The D850’s focus point is 153, whereas the Nikon D800 has only 51 focus points. So, the D850 can track the subject and maintain the focus on your targeted points, and thus it will deliver you some astonishing pictures.
- The device is combined with built-in wi-fi connectivity that will help you to share your photos and videos with your smart devices in no time. In contrast, the Nikon D800 comes only with general wi-fi connectivity.
Considering the Nikon D850 camera’s ISO sensitivity range, display type, and continuous drive speed, you can consider the device. So, we will highly recommend you pick the Nikon D850 DSLR camera.
- Nikon D800 and Nikon D850 DSLR cameras have image stabilization features that will help you take great shots even when your hands are shaking.
- This device’s display size is 3.2 inches. As the display gets more extensive, you can see the pictures and videos clearly on the screen.
- The Nikon D850 and the Nikon D800 come with a limited 1-year warranty. During this time, if you find any problem with your camera, you can claim your guarantee by this given time.
Nikon D8500 vs Nikon D800 Comparision Chart
|Specification||Nikon D850||Nikon D800|
|Editor’s rating||4.7 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|ISO sensitivity range||64-25600||100-6400 (upgradeable 25600)|
|Continuous drive speed||7||4|
|Battery power||18400 shots||900 shots|
|weight||900 grams||915 grams|
|Video recording||4k UHD||Full HD|
|Effective Image sensor||48 mp||36.3 mp|
|Sensor type||CMOS sensor||CMOS sensor|
|Image processor||EXPEED 5||EXPEED 3|
|Dimension||5.8 x 3.1 x 4.9 inches||5.75 x 3.23 x 4.84 inches|
|Warranty||One year limited||One year limited|
Features & Benefits of Nikon D850 and Nikon D800
ISO Sensitivity Range
The ISO range sensitivity is one of the first things you have to look for when buying a camera. If you see the ISO range is better for a particular camera, you can go with that one. Therefore, the higher the ISO range of a camera, the better pictures you will be able to take.
On the other hand, due to the low ISO range, it is almost certain that you are not getting better pictures in a dark place, especially in hilly areas. Therefore, the camera you have used to take photos of these places has to have a lot of ISO range to take clear pictures of low-light places.
The auto ISO sensitivity range of the Nikon D850 is 64-25600. The high ISO range of the Nikon D850 will give you a clear picture even in a place where you are struggling with the perfect light.
Besides, the auto ISO range of the Nikon D800 is 100-6400, and you can extend it up to 25600. So, this camera is also can deliver you some fantastic snaps. But, it can not be like the Nikon D850.
Effective Image Sensor
It is one of the essential things to check the effective image sensor before purchasing a DSLR camera. Therefore, Nikon D850 comes with a 47-megapixel CMOS sensor that will deliver beautiful images with high resolution and more details. In addition to that, the Nikon D800 has only a 36.3-megapixel sensor.
Moreover, this camera also can offer you some great shots, but it can not take pictures like the D850. So, if you want to click some better images, you should go with the Nikon D850.
Display Type and Design
The Nikon D850 and Nikon D800 have 3.2 inches the LCD screen, and they are black in color.
But, the Nikon D850 has an upgraded LCD touchable display. This touchable screen of the Nikon D850 camera helps you effortlessly set up your camera function with your finger. The sad thing is that you will not get this unique feature with the Nikon D800.
Besides, the Nikon D850 is a lightweight camera of only 900 grams with 5.8 x 3.1 x 4.9 inches of item dimension. On another side, the Nikon D800 is a bit heavyweight compared to its competitor, and it weighs 915 grams with 5.75 x 3.23 x 4.84 inches of product dimension.
The battery power of a DSLR camera is one of the most important things. Therefore, Nikon D850 has an EN-EL 15a Rechargeable Li-ion battery, which can shoot 1840 images within a full charge. On another side, Nikon D800 has EN-EL 15 Lithium-ion battery, and this camera can shoot only 900 photos. So, the Nikon D850 will help you take a lot more pictures than the Nikon D800, which will help you cover a daylong or wedding program without worrying about the battery charge.
With the Nikon D850, you can record 4k UHD videos, which is much better than the HD videos of its competitor. So, this device can give you stunning and high-quality video shots, plus you can record some great videos of a wedding or a memorable occasion. In comparison, the Nikon D800 can record full HD videos that can not be compared with the 4k videos. So, in this regard, you can choose the Nikon D850 to get the best out of it.
The image stabilization feature is essential if you want to get better pictures even when your hands are moving. This time, the Nikon D800 and the Nikon D850 DSLR camera have an image stabilization property that eliminates blurring when shooting photos and videos. So, you do not worry if your hand is moving while taking shots if you go with any of these two cameras.
Now, let’s talk about the connectivity of these devices. And the Nikon D800 and Nikon D850 both cameras have wi-fi connectivity. Therefore, the most significant advantage of having wi-fi connectivity is that it will take a short time to share your photos with your friends. But, the D850 is featured built-in wi-fi connectivity that can offer you to share your images and videos to your smart devices within less time. Thus, the D850 will save you valuable time, transferring the data with less time.
Continuous Drive Speed
Nikon D850 can shoot seven frames every second, while Nikon D800 only shoots four frames. So, you will not miss any sudden moments or special events if you choose the Nikon D850. Moreover, it can give you sharp images with more details of its high continuous drive speed. Therefore, if you are a wild photographer, you can choose the Nikon D8500 camera because you can capture the animals’ movements with this device.
can let us know how strong a device is. Because usually, gadgets are not shown any problem with the warranty time. Though these cameras are still built with extremely solid metal, you will get a 1-year limited warranty with the Nikon D850 and Nikon D800. After purchasing these cameras, if you feel any problem with your camera, you can fix it for free during the given period.
The Nikon D850 is the premiere edition. With this camera, you will get some fancy features that you will not get with Nikon D8500. For example, the device has a 64-25600 auto ISO sensitivity range and a touchable LCD screen.
Besides, the D850 comes with a 48 mp effective image sensor size, a focus point is 153, and built-in wi-fi connectivity that can let you transfer your images and videos with your smart devices in no time. Plus, you can take 7-pictures, shoot 4k videos that will deliver you with some high-resolution clips, and click up to 1840 images.
Finally, we recommend you choose the Nikon D850 camera. Or you can go with The Nikon D800 if you are not satisfied with our advice.
Frequently asked questions about Nikon D800 vs D850
Does the Nikon D800 have any warranty?
Yes, the Nikon D800 camera comes with a 1-year limited warranty that you can use if you find any issues with the device in this given period.
Can I use a crop sensor with Nikon D800?
Yes, you can use a crop sensor with Nikon D850.
Can the Nikon D800 capture 4k photos?
No, it can not capture 4k photos. But, it can deliver you some high-quality images.
Does the Nikon D850 have Chinese support?
Yes, this camera supports traditional Chinese programs.
Does the Nikon D850 have a touchable display?
Yes, the Nikon D850 has a 3.2″ LCD touchable screen that will help you to take some amazing snaps from different angles.
Check out related articles here –