We have put Nikon D5600 and Nikon D7200 side by side and compared their features. We found some advanced features in Nikon D7200. Therefore, we think Nikon D7200 DSLR would be a fantastic choice for you!
Wanna know the reasons? Check the below section:
Why is Nikon D7200 better than Nikon D5600?
- Nikon D7200 comes with a 6fps continuous shooting speed, whereas Nikon D5600 has only a 5fps speed. So, Nikon D7200 has better shooting speed than its opponent, and with this device, you can take an instant shot of any fast-moving object.
- Viewfinder magnification of Nikon D7200 is 0.94x, and Nikon D5600 has 0.82x. Therefore, Nikon D7200 provides you a better opportunity to check the focus and other items with more significant magnification.
- With Nikon D7200, you will get 2 card slots, whereas Nikon D5600 has 1 card slot. Hence, with Nikon D7200, you can use two cards and take as many photos and videos as possible.
- This DSLR camera’s autofocus has 51 points, and Nikon D5600 comes with only 39 points. So, Nikon D7200 will instantly catch the subject that comes into the frame and provide better performance than D5600.
- Nikon D7200 is formed with an EN-EL15 (Lithium-ion) powerful Battery that enables you to take 1110 shots per charge. Another side, Nikon D5600 comes with an EN-EL14a (Rechargeable Li-ion) Battery, by which you can take only 970 shots.
So, you can see that Nikon D7200 is built with updated and work-friendly features. Therefore, we strongly suggest Nikon D7200 DSLR for you. Otherwise, if you are thinking about saving money or compromising these advanced features, you can get Nikon D5600.
Standard features of Nikon D5600 and Nikon D7200
- Both cameras are formed with a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Therefore, they can produce high-resolution photos and videos.
- EXPEED 4 image processors of these cameras will reduce blurriness from your captured photos and maintain colors just like you want.
- You can take Full-HD (1,920×1,080) resolution videos at 60fps. Therefore, you can create cinematic videos with them.
- You are going to have a 1 year (limited) warranty with these cameras. So, if you find any manufacturing defect, you can claim a free repair service.
Specification Chart: Nikon D5600 vs. D7200
|Specification||Nikon D5600||Nikon D7200|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Weight(Body only)||415 grams||675 grams|
|Battery Life ( per charge)||970 shots||1110 shots|
|Bluetooth Connection||Yes ( Version 4.1)||No|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||3.2 inches Vari-angle Touch TFT-LCD||3.2 in. diagonal Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD|
|Monitor’s resolution||1037k Dots||1228.8K Dots|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-25600||100-25600|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder||Eye-level Pentaprism Single-Lens Reflex Viewfinder|
|Auto Focus points||39 points||51 Points|
|Continuous Drive Speed||5 frames per second||6 frames per second|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 4||EXPEED 4|
|Video recording||Full HD (1,920×1,080)/ 60fps||Full HD (1,920×1,080)/ 60fps|
|Warranty policy||One-year limited||One-year limited|
Similarities and differences between Nikon D5600 and Nikon D7200 DSLR cameras:
Image sensor & Continuous Drive speed:
Both DSLR cameras have a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Hence, you can take stunning photos and record Full-HD resolution videos with them. In addition, Nikon D7200’s Continuous drive speed is 6fps, whereas Nikon D5600 comes with a 5fps speed. So, Nikon D7200 performs better than Nikon D5600 while taking the shot of any fast-moving object.
Image Processor & ISO sensitivity range:
These DLSRs are combined with an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine and autofocus system that enables you to shoot dawn to dusk without having any problems. Moreover, the ISO sensitivity range of these devices is 100-25600. Therefore, they can handle all problematic lighting situations.
Viewfinder and LCD monitor type:
Both Nikon DSLRs have an Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder. Still, Nikon D7200 has 0.92x magnification, whereas Nikon D5600 has 0.82x magnification. Therefore, Nikon D7200 provides you with a better opportunity to check the details and take fantastic images. However, Nikon D7200’s 3.2 inches diagonal Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD has 1228.8K dots. Another side, D5600’s 3.2-inches LCD has only 1037k dots. So, you will have a better view of the captured photos and videos on the D7200’s LCD.
Weight and Size:
Nikon D7200 comes in 135.5 mm x 106.5 mm x 76 mm size, and it weighs 675 grams. Another side, Nikon D5600 weighs 415 grams, and its dimension is 124 mm x 97 mm x 70 mm. So, it seems Nikon D7200 is a little heavier than its opponent; still, its handgrip and perfect weight distribution will ensure a smooth photographic experience.
Battery and Warranty period:
Nikon D7200 comes with an EN-EL15 (Lithium-ion) powerful Battery, and Nikon D5600 has an EN-EL 14a battery. You can take approximately 1110 shots with D7200, whereas with D5600, you can capture only 970 frames. So, Nikon D7200’s battery has more power than its opponent. In addition, you can claim the free repairing service from Nikon company as you are going to have a one-year limited warranty.
Now, if you are looking for a DSLR, which has better continuous drive speed, high viewfinder magnification, a powerful battery, more SD card storage, you can go with the Nikon D7200. Otherwise, Nikon D5600 is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Nikon D5600 and Nikon D7200 Cameras
What is the drive speed of Nikon D7200 cameras? Can I take accurate photos of any instant moments?
Nikon D7200 can take six frames per second. So, you can take photos of any instant moment.
How many card slots are in Nikon D5600?
Nikon D5600 comes with a single card slot. But, Nikon D7200 has two SD card slots.
Does Nikon D7200 come with a live preview option?
Yes, this device comes with a live preview option. All you need to do is press the LV button located on the back of the camera.
Does D7200 have any battery chargers?
Yes, you will get a battery charger with this camera.
Do I need to get the lenses to make these cameras work? Is it ok to purchase only the body?
You won’t need to purchase extra lenses if you already have lenses. But, this camera doesn’t work without lenses.
You may have an interest in –