We compared Nikon D5500 and Nikon D5600 side-by-side and found some advanced features in Nikon D5600. So, you can go with Nikon D5600. Wanna know these advanced features? Check below:
Why should you go for Nikon D5600?
- Nikon D5600 has better battery performance than Nikon D5500, as you can take approximately 970 shots with this device. Whereas with Nikon D5500, you can capture only 820 photos.
- This camera supports Bluetooth ( Version 4.1) plus the SnapBridge application. Therefore, you can transfer your filers faster and easier with this device. But, Nikon D5500 doesn’t have a Bluetooth connection, and it doesn’t support this fantastic application.
- With Nikon D5600, you will get 13 playback functions. But, Nikon D5600 has only 11 functions. So, Nikon D5600 provides you with a better opportunity than Nikon D5500 to check your captured files.
- Nikon D5600 weighs 415 grams, and Nikon D5500 weighs 420 grams. Hence, Nikon D5600 is lighter than its opponent, and you can comfortably use it for a long time.
So, you can see that Nikon D5600 has better battery optimization, Bluetooth connection, and higher playback functions, and it weighs lighter than D5500. Therefore, we think Nikon D5600 will be a superb choice for you. Otherwise, if you want to save a couple of bucks, you can choose Nikon D5500.
- Nikon D5500 and Nikon D5600 have a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Therefore, both cameras are capable of taking fine-quality photos and Full HD resolution videos.
- The ISO sensitivity range of these cameras is 100-25600. Hence, both cameras will perform better in any lighting situation.
- Their continuous shooting speed is five frames per second. So, with these devices, you can take snaps of any fast-moving objects.
- EXPEED 4 image-processor engine in these cameras ensures a life-like color combination and overall fast performance.
- Both DSLRs have a 3.2 inches Vari-angle Touch TFT-LCD with a 1037-k resolution. Therefore, you will have a clear preview of the captured images and videos, plus you can rotate the LCD at different angles for taking selfies or creating vlogs for social media.
- They are formed with an Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder that provides you with a clear view of the object.
- Nikon Company ensures a One-year limited warranty with them. Hence, you can claim free repairing service if you find any manufacturing defects in these DSLRs.
Nikon d5500 vs d5600 comparison chart
|Specification||Nikon D5500||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight(Body only)||420 grams||415 grams|
|Battery Life ( per charge)||820 shots||970 shots|
|Playback function||11 functions||13 functions|
|Bluetooth Connection||No||Yes ( Version 4.1)|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||3.2 inches Vari-angle Touch TFT-LCD||3.2 inches Vari-angle Touch TFT-LCD|
|Monitor’s resolution||1037k dots||1037k dots|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-25600||100-25600|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder|
|Auto Focus points||39 points||39 points|
|Continuous Drive Speed||Five frames per second||Five frames per second|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 4||EXPEED 4|
|Video recording||Full HD (1,920×1,080)||Full HD (1,920×1,080)|
|Warranty policy||One-year limited||One-year limited|
Similarities and Differences between Nikon D5500 & Nikon D5600
Weight and SIze:
Nikon D5600 weighs 415 grams, and its dimension is 4.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 inches. Another side, Nikon D5500 weighs 420 grams, and its size is 4.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 inches. Though both cameras have the same size, Nikon D5600 is 5 grams lighter than Nikon D5500, and this device has a comfortable handgrip. So, Nikon D5600 will provide you with a smooth photographic experience.
Image sensor and Continuous shooting speed:
Both Nikon D5600 and Nikon D5600 have a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Therefore, both cameras are capable of producing high-resolution photos that will instantly catch your friend’s attention on social media. Moreover, their continuous drive speed is five frames per second. Hence, you can take shots of the instant split seconds (like flying birds or award-taking moments) with complete confidence.
Image processor and ISO range:
These cameras are formed with an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine that ensures perfect life-like photos by maintaining colors. In addition, you will get faster performance with these cameras. Besides, the ISO range of these cameras is 100-25600. So, they will ensure a decent performance in every lighting situation.
LCD monitor and Viewfinder type:
Both devices have a 3.2 inches Vari-angle Touch TFT-LCD with 1037k dots. So, you can rotate the screen at different angles and operate it with your finger touch. Imagine how easy to use these cameras! Moreover, they are formed with an Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder that provides you with pertinent details and a clear view of the subject. Again, their autofocus has 39-points: hence it will instantly lock the subject and take focused shots.
Battery power and Warranty policy:
Though both DSLRs have an EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, Nikon D5600 has better optimization than its opponent, as with this DSLR, you can take approximately 970 shots. Another side, with Nikon D5500, you can take only 820 images. However, Nikon ensures a one-year limited warranty with these DSLRs. So, if you find any manufacturing defects, you can claim a free repairing service, plus you won’t need any registration for that.
You can see that Nikon D5600 is built with better features than Nikon D5500. So, we strongly recommend this DSLR camera for you. Otherwise, you can choose Nikon D5500, but you have to compromise the above-mentioned advanced features available in Nikon D5600.
Frequently asked questions about Nikon D5500 vs D5600
Does Nikon D5600 have any in-body stabilization?
No, this DSLR doesn’t have (in-body) image stabilization.
Can I take perfect shots of flying birds with Nikon D5600?
Yes, its continuous shooting speed is five frames per second. So, it is capable of taking photos of flying birds.
How many card slots are available in Nikon D5500?
This DSLR camera has only one SD card slot, supporting SD, SDHC, and SDXC.
Which battery is used in D5600? And How many photos can I take with it?
Nikon D5600 has an EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, and you can take approximately 970 pictures by charging it once.
How many playback functions are available with Nikon D5600?
You will get 13-functions with this DSLR camera.
Read other articles here –
- Panasonic GH4 vs GH5
- Nikon D800 vs D850
- Nikon D5600 vs D7500
- Nikon Z50 vs Z6
- Nikon D3400 vs D3500
- Nikon Z6 vs D750
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: