Nikon D3500 was released in August 2018, and D7500 in April 2017. Both Cameras are Amazing with some similarities & differences, but if you are looking for the best one with better photo & video quality, I would recommend the Nikon D7500 rather than the D3500.
Why Do I Recommend Nikon D7500?
- Nikon D7500 is built with an Expeed 5 image processor and D3500 is built with Expeed 4 processor. Expeed 5 processor is built to provide better autofocus, faster Image processing, better resolution and it consumes less power to run for extra time.
- The light sensitivity of the Nikon D7500 is 100-51200 ISO & expandable to 50- 1640000 ISO, but the D3500 is 100-25600. You will get 2 times better low-light & tough-light photography with Nikon D7500 than D3500.
- Its continuous shooting speed is 8 fps, Which means it can take up to 8 pictures in a second, whereas the Nikon D3500 can take up to 5. To do that, you just need to press & hold the shutter button. This feature gives you more options to select the best shoot from 8 of them.
- The D7500 has a digital Image Stabilizer, which helps to reduce image blurring to get a perfect shoot, but the D3500 Doesn’t have any image Stabilizer.
- It has a microphone port where you can attach a microphone & shoot video with crystal-clear sound quality. On the other hand, Nikon D3500 doesn’t have any microphone port.
- Nikon D7500 can record high-resolution 4k video while D3500 can shoot only Full HD video. With D7500, you can record beautiful 3840×2160 realistic video with every single detail.
- The D7500 contains 51 focus points, which helps to focus on 51 objects at the same time, whereas the Nikon D3500 has 11 focus points.
- Nikon D7500 has a tilting touchscreen display that you can rotate to shoot at different angles, which is helpful while taking selfies or making vlog videos & you can focus or zoom on any specific object by tapping on the screen. The Nikon D3500 Display is fixed.
- AE Bracketing is available in the Nikon D7500, which helps to shoot equally in tough lighting conditions or shadow areas, but the Nikon D3500 doesn’t have AE Bracketing.
- If you want to do a live streaming or live concert, you can do it with Nikon D7500. Just connect the camera to wifi and it’s ready to go, but the Nikon D3500 can’t connect with wifi.
- The Nikon D7500’s flash coverage is 12.0m, whereas the D3500’s flash coverage is only 7.0m.
- The shutter speed of the Nikon D7550 is 1/8000, which helps to capture super-fast moving objects without getting blurred, Like racing cars or bikes. Nikon D3550 shutter speed is 1/4000.
- Anti Flicker feature is available on Nikon D7500 that helps to reduce uneven color and exposure under flickering light but Nikon D3500 Doesn’t have it.
- It has an environment-sealed feature that lets you capture photos in harsh weather. Nikon D3500 does not have this feature, that’s why using this camera in rough weather is not recommended.
Maybe the Nikon D3500 price can make you comfortable because it’s little bit cheaper than the D7500. But you have to compromise all the above-mentioned features. Now the decision is yours. I hope it was helpful to choose the right one.
Side By Side Comparison
|Specification||Nikon D7500||Nikon D3500|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 Out of 5||4.5 Out of 5|
|Image Processor||Expeed 5||Expeed 4|
|Max Video Resolution||3840 x 2160||1920 x 1080|
|Max Mechanical Shutter||1/8000s||1/4000s|
|Continuous Shooting||8.0 fps||5.0 fps|
|Native Light sensitivity||100-51,200 ISO||100- 25,600 ISO|
|Max Boosted Light Sensitivity||50-1640000 ISO||—|
|Sensor Megapixels||21 megapixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor Max Resolution||5568 x 3712||6000 x 4000|
|Number of Focus Points||51||11|
|Battery Life||950 shots||1550 shots|
|Built-in Image Stabilization||Digital only||No|
|Flash Range||12.00 m (at ISO 100)||7.00 m (at ISO 100)|
|Max Flash Sync||1/250s||n/a|
|New Price||Check D7500 Price||Check D5600 Price|
Common Things That Both DSLRs Can Do
- Nikon D7500 & D3500 have Face Detection Focus that locks on the face and tracks the subject while they are moving. It’s very helpful while you are making vlogs or any other kind of Videos.
- Both DSLRs have 921k dots higher resolution screen that can display the same detailed visual information on the display.
- B0th has a Live view() option, This option allows you to shoot while viewing a real-time image.
- The D7500 & D3500 have a timelapse recording feature for creative shooting.
- Nikon D3500 & D7500 can record (1920 x 1080) Video at 60 FPS, which helps to record fast-moving objects without getting blurred.
If you are okay with the above-explained feature, then you can get any one of these, but if you are looking for advanced features and the best one Between the Nikon D7500 & D3500, you must pick the Nikon D7500.
|Specification||Nikon D7500||Nikon D3500|
|Body Type||Compact SLR||Mid-size SLR|
|Dimensions||23.5 x 15.6 mm||23.5 x 15.7 mm|
|AF Live View||Yes||Yes|
|AF Face Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Contrast Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Phase Detection||Yes||Yes|
|Resolution||921k dots||922k dots|
|Viewfinder||Optical (pentamirror)||Optical (pentaprism)|
|Manual Exposure Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Custom White Balance||Yes||Yes|
|Video Formats||MPEG-4, H.264||MPEG-4, H.264|
|Dimensions||124 x 97 x 70mm||136 x 104 x 73mm|
|Price||Check D7500 Price||Check 5600 Price|
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3500 and D7500
|What is the warranty policy for these Nikon DSLR cameras?
A one-year limited warranty provides its North American region customers with these Nikon cameras.
How many shots can the Nikon D3500 take with a full charge?
The Nikon D3500 can let you 1500 shots per full charge.
Which camera is better in terms of autofocus, D3500 or D7500?
The Nikon D7500 is better than its opponent, and it has 51 autofocus points.
Is the Nikon D7500 a better option for a video Vlogger?
Yes, it does because it will allow you to record 4k Ultra HD (UHD) – 3840 x 2160 video resolution.
What is the effective image sensor of the Nikon D3500?
The Nikon D3500 is combined with a 24.0-megapixel effective image sensor.