If you want a better camera with advanced properties, I would highly suggest you go with the Nikon D7500. It will give you the perfect user experience and help you move forward in your photography career.
Why I Suggest Nikon D7500?
- Nikon D7500 is combined with a 100 – 51,200 auto ISO range that lets you click some fantastic images even when you are struggling with enough light. In contrast, the Nikon D3500 has only a 100 – 25600 auto ISO range.
- The device comes with 51 autofocus points that can track the subject perfectly and maintain the focus. Thus, the Nikon D7500 gives you some fantastic pictures, and it can fucus the fast-moving object as well. On another side, the Nikon D3500 can focus on 11 points only.
- It is featured with 8 fps continuous shooting speed, and you do not miss any sudden moment if you have this camera with you. In comparison, its opponent does have only 5fps, which is 3 shots less than the Nikon D7500.
- The device is designed with a touchscreen display, allowing you to navigate from the screen by touching with your finger on the screen. But, the Nikon D3500 has a fixed LCD screen.
- The D7500 camera will let you record 4k videos, giving you some crystal-clear videos with a higher resolution. On the other hand, the Nikon D3500 will let you take full HD videos Only.
- This camera is propertied with Wi-Fi sharing options while its opponent does not have this essential feature. So, you can share your data to your laptop, tablets, computers, etc., by connecting with the internet with Nikon D7500.
- The device has a tilting screen that allows you to flip the screen while using the camera, but the Nikon D3500 does not have this essential feature.
For these above-mentioned advanced features, you can go with the Nikon D7500 to get a better experience with your DSLR camera.
Similar Features of Nikon D7500 and D3500
- Nikon D3500 and Nikon D7500 come with Bluetooth connectivity that lets you share your video and images to your tablets, laptops, computers, and many more without connecting with the internet.
- With these two Nikon DSLR cameras, a one-year limited warranty offers by the manufacturer for their North American customers. So, keep the warranty card and with valid purchase receipt for using your contract.
Comparison Chart: Nikon D3500 vs D7500
|Specification||Nikon D3500||Nikon D7500|
|Editor’s Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Auto ISO Range||100 – 25600||100 – 51200 ( expandable to 50 – 1640000)|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5.0fps continuous shooting||8.0fps continuous shooting|
|Video Resolution||Full HD – 1920 x 1080 video resolution||4K Ultra HD (UHD) – 3840 x 2160 video resolution|
|Wi-Fi Connection||No||Yes (built-in)|
|Screen Size||3.00″ Fixed Type Screen||3.20″ Tilting Screen|
|Weight||O.86 pounds||1.66 pounds|
|Bluetooth||Yes (version 4.1)||Yes -version 4.1 (built-in)|
|Product Dimension||4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches||5.98 x 7.99 x 7.99 inches|
|Effective Image Sensor||24 mp CMOS sensor||21 mp CMOS sensor|
|Battery Life||1550 shot||950 shots|
|Warranty||1 year limited||1 year limited|
Things you can consider for the Nikon D3500
- The Nikon D3500 combined with a powerful battery lets you take 1550 shots per full charge. You can easily cover a wedding ceremony with this camera.
- The device features a 24.0-megapixel effective image sensor that gives you some fantastic high-quality pictures.
Similarities & Differences Between Nikon D3500 and D7500
Design and Display
Nikon D3500 and Nikon D7500 are two unique DSLR cameras with a gorgeous look. They come in black color. The Nikon D3500 is designed with 3 inches fixed type screen, and it is lightweight compared to its opponent DSLR camera. It weighs only 0.86 pounds with 4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches of product dimension.
On the other hand, the Nikon D7500 has a 3.2 inches tilting LCD screen that allows you to flip the screen while using it. The device’s weight is 1.66 pounds with 5.98 x 7.99 x 7.99 inches item dimension, which is a bit heavyweight.
In addition, the Nikon D7500 is designed with a touchscreen display, letting you navigate and do all kinds of settings from the screen by touching with your finger on the screen.
If you want to work as a vlogger, then it would be best to go with the Nikon D7500. Because it allows you to record 4K ultra HD (UHD) – 3840 x 2160 video resolution. Thus, the camera will provide you with some fantastic crystal-clear video clips with the perfect color combination. In contrast, the Nikon D3500 can let you record full HD – 1920 x 1080 video resolution and provide you with quality clips but not like the Nikon D7500.
Effective Image Sensor
When purchasing a DSLR camera, you have to consider an effective image sensor because it can help you get better pictures with your camera. Therefore, the Nikon D3500 is a better option because the device comes with a 24 megapixels effective image sensor that can give you some excellent photos with more sharpness and details. In comparison, the Nikon D7500 is designed with a 21 megapixels effective image sensor that can also provide you with some fantastic photos.
The Nikon D3500 features 11 autofocus points, and the Nikon D7500 is 51 points. So, the Nikon D7500 has 40 more autofocus points that will track the subject automatically and maintain the focus, and even it can focus on fast-moving things as well. Thus, it can provide you with some crystal-clear photos.
A powerful battery is a dire need if you want to cover a wedding ceremony with a full charge. In this regard, you can consider the Nikon D3500 for its powerful battery life. The device lets you take up to 1550 shots which are more than enough to cover any significant event. In contrast, the NikonD7500 can give you only 950 photos. So, if you want a camera with a powerful battery, you can choose the Nikon D3500.
If you want to get some better snaps at any weather condition, you should go with the Nikon D7500. It has a 100 – 51,200 auto ISO range, and you can extend it up to 50 – 1640000 that will provide you with some fantastic images in all kinds of circumstances, even in low light places. But, the Nikon D3500 has a 100 – 25600 auto ISO range that also can give you some excellent photos.
Connectivity (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
These Nikon cameras have a Bluetooth connectivity option to transfer your videos and images to your tablet, computers, laptops, and other devices without connecting with the internet. In addition to that, Nikon D7500 has Wi-Fi connectivity, and you can transfer your data by connecting with the Wi-Fi via the Nikon snap bridge app. Plus, Nikon D7500 combines with Built-in Bluetooth, which is faster than its opponent.
Continuous Shooting Performance
The Nikon D3500 comes with a 5 fps continuous shooting speed, and the Nikon D7500 can let you take 8 frames per second. Therefore, you do not miss any perfect moment if you have the Nikon D7500 for its powerful continuous shooting speed. If you plan to start your wildlife photography or sports photography, Nikon D7500 can be your ultimate choice.
The warranty is available for the North American region. So, if you live there, you can get a guarantee, but you have to keep the warranty card and valid purchase receipt. Otherwise, you will not be able to use your contract. So, if you face any problem by this given time, you can get free service.
In the end, if you want a better DSLR camera with some advanced properties, you can consider the Nikon D7500. For example, it has a 100 – 51,200 auto ISO range, and you can extend up to 1640000, 51 autofocus points, and 8 fps continuous shooting speed.
In addition, the device is designed with a touchscreen tilting display, Wi-Fi sharing options, and you can record 4k videos. But, if you are satisfied with the Nikon D3500, you can go with it for its effective image sensor and powerful battery life.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3500 and D7500
|What is the warranty policy of these Nikon DSLR cameras?|
A one-year limited warranty provides its North American regions customer with these Nikon cameras.
How many shots can the Nikon D3500 take with a full charge?
The Nikon D3500 can let you 1500 shots per full charge.
Which camera is better in terms of autofocus, D3500 or D7500?
The Nikon D7500 is better than its opponent, and it has 51 autofocus points.
Is the Nikon D7500 a better option for a video Vlogger?
Yes, it does because it will allow you to record 4k Ultra HD (UHD) – 3840 x 2160 video resolution.
What is the effective image sensor of the Nikon D3500?
The Nikon D3500 is combined with a 24.0-megapixel effective image sensor.
You may check some other Nikon camera comparisons below-