Nikon D3500 and Nikon D5600 are popular DSLR cameras in the market. So, we have compared them and found some unique features in the Nikon D5600 camera. Therefore, we highly recommend Nikon D5600 for you.
Why We Recommend To Pick Nikon D5600?
- Nikon D5600’s autofocus comes with 39 points, whereas Nikon d3500 has only 11 points. So, D5600’s 39 autofocus points will instantly lock and hold tight the subject from its frame and provide you with better-focused photos than its opponent.
- This DSLR comes with 3.2 inches LCD monitor with touch compatibility, a Vari-angle adjustment feature, and higher resolution (1037K dots). In contrast, the Nikon d3500 has a 3.0 inches Fixed LCD monitor with 921K dots and no touch panel. Therefore, Nikon D5600 provides you with a better opportunity to capture photos from different angles plus easy operability than the Nikon D3500.
- With Nikon D5600, you can quickly transfer and share your files through Wi-Fi and NFC. But, the Nikon D3500 doesn’t have these sharing features.
- Nikon D5600 camera supports 35-types of languages, whereas Nikon D3500 supports only 4-Types.
So, Nikon D5600 has a better structure and unique features, which aren’t available in the Nikon D3500. Therefore, we strongly recommend the Nikon D5600 DSLR camera for you. Otherwise, if you prefer better viewfinder magnification, Eye-fi compatibility, and lightweight, you can go for the Nikon D3500. Now, you have to make an excellent choice!
Similar Features- Nikon D5600 vs D3500
- Nikon D5600 and D3500 DSLR cameras have 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensors that ensure high resolution in photos and videos.
- The ISO sensitivity range of these cameras is 100-25600. Therefore, both cameras will provide you with a decent performance in every lighting situation.
- These DSLR cameras have an EN-EL14a rechargeable battery, which is powerful enough to take good photos and videos.
- With Nikon D3500 and D5600, you can record Full-HD resolution videos at 60/50/30/25/24p.
- Both cameras have a one-year limited warranty that provides you the opportunity of free repairing service.
Comparison Chart: Nikon D3500 vs D5600
|Specifications||Nikon D3500||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s ratings||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out 5|
|Focus points||11 points||39 points|
|Monitor Type||3.0 Inches||3.2 Inches|
|LCD monitor resolution||921k Dots||1037k dots|
|Wi-Fi and NFC||Not Supported||Supported|
|Image sensor type||24.2 Megapixels CMOS||24.2 Megapixels CMOS|
|ISO Sensitivity range||100-25600||100-25600|
|Continuous shooting speed||5 Frames per second||5 Frames per second|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder|
|Viewfinder magnification||0.85x (Approx.)||0.82x (Approx.)|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 4||EXPEED 4|
|Eye-fi compatibility||Supported||Not Supported|
|Weight ( Body only)||365 grams||415 grams|
|Warranty period||One-year limited warranty||One-year limited warranty|
Similarities & Differences: D5600 vs D3500
Weight and Size:
The bodyweight of the Nikon D5600 is 415 grams and Nikon D3500 weighs 365 grams. Besides, Nikon D5600’s dimension is 4.9 in. x 3.9 in. x 2.8 in. and Nikon D3500 has 4.9 in. x 3.9 in. x 2.8 in. size. Though Nikon D5600 is heavier than its opponent; it will give you a comfortable handgrip for long-term use.
Image sensor and ISO sensitivity range:
Both cameras have a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS image sensor which is approximately fifteen times bigger than your smartphones. So, you can take sharper and clearer photos with great details.
Moreover, these photos will immediately get attention on social media and get likes! Besides, the ISO sensitivity range of these cameras is 100-25600. So, they are capable of taking stunning images of low-light scenes.
Image processor and Continuous shooting speed:
Nikon D5600 and Nikon D3500 have an EXPEED 4 image-processing engine, capable of producing exceptional quality images, plus it also maintains color reproduction and tonal gradation. Furthermore, the continuous shooting speed of these devices is 5 frames per second. Hence you can capture perfect moments like the game-winning goals or newlyweds’ first dance.
Viewfinder and Focus:
Both devices have an Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder. But, Nikon D3500 has 0.85 x magnifications, whereas D5600’s has 0.82 x magnifications. So, you will have a clear view of the subject through this viewfinder. But, Nikon D5600 has better focus points (39) than its opponent Nikon D3500 (11Points). Therefore, with better autofocus points, Nikon D5600 will lock the subject and take sharp images.
Nikon D3500 has a fixed 3.0 inches LCD Monitor with 921K dots. On the other hand, Nikon D5600’s Vari-angle 3.2 inches monitor has 1037K dots resolution and a touch panel. So, you can operate your camera easily and take images from different angles. In contrast, these fantastic features aren’t available in the Nikon D3500 camera. That’s why we recommended the Nikon D5600 camera.
Nikon D3500 and D5600 are budget-friendly DSLRs in the market. So, if you are looking for the boss one, we strongly suggest the Nikon D5600 DSLR camera. Otherwise, choosing Nikon D3500 won’t be wrong, but you may have to compromise the unique features available in the Nikon D5600 DSLR camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3500 vs Nikon D5600
What is the Nikon D5600 DSLR camera’s LCD type?
This DSLR camera has a 3.2 inches LCD monitor with 1037K dots and a touch panel. Therefore, it will provide you with a clear preview of the captured images and videos, plus you can also operate the settings at your fingertips. Moreover, this camera has a Vari-angle adjustment feature.
Does Nikon D3500 have Wi-Fi and NFC features?
No, this device doesn’t have these features, but it has Bluetooth connections. But, Nikon D5600 has Wi-Fi and NFC features.
Which one has a better ISO sensitivity range? Which performs better in low-light?
Both cameras have the same ISO sensitivity range (100-25600). So, both cameras can perform better in low-light situations, but you must adjust this range perfectly.
Which one can focus better between d3500 and d5600?
The Nikon d5600 is better between these two cameras as it has 39 focus points. In contrast, the Nikon d3500 has only 11 points.
You may also read some other camera comparisons below-
- Sony a7 III vs a7R III
- Nikon Z7 vs Sony a7R III
- Fujifilm X100V Vs Sony RX100 VII
- Sony a7r2 vs a7r3
- Sony a7SII vs a7RII
- Sony a9 vs a7riv
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: