Nikon D3500 was released in 07-2018 & Canon T7 in 02-2018. Both are good cameras with some similarities & differences, but if you are looking for the best one I would recommend the Nikon D3500 rather than Canon T7.
Why Do I Recommend Nikon D3500?
- Nikon D3500 has 11 focus points, which helps to focus on 11 objects at the same time whereas the Canon t7 has 9 focus points.
- Its continuous shooting speed is 5 fps, Which means it can take up to 5 pictures in a second whereas Canon t7 can take up to 3. To do that you just need to press & hold the shutter button. This feature gives you more options to select the best shoot from 5 of them.
- Nikon D3500 can record (1920 x 1080) Video at 60 FPS, which helps to record fast-moving objects without getting blurred. Canon T7 can record at 30 which will be blurred.
- Nikon D3500 has HDR mode that makes sure you can shoot in shadows and highlights equally. Canon T7 doesn’t have HDR mode.
- Its Max ISO is 25,600 and Canon T7 is 6500 which means you will get 3 times better performance for a night or low light photography.
- The battery power of the Nikon D3500 is super it can shoot 1550 pictures on a single charge whereas Canon T7 can shoot only 500.
- You will get panorama mode on the Nikon D3500, which allows you to capture more of the scene by combining images to create a panoramic photo, but the Canon t7 Doesn’t have it.
Maybe the Canon T7 price can make you comfortable because it’s cheaper than the Nikon D3500. But you have to compromise all the above-mentioned features, Now the decision is yours, I hope it was helpful to make the right decision.
Side By Side Comparison
|Specification||Nikon d3500||Canon t7|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5.0 fps||3.0 fps|
|Number of Focus Points||11||9|
|Battery Life||1550 shots||500 shots|
|Light Sensitivity||25,600 ISO||6,400 ISO|
|Lens System Mount||Nikon F||Canon EF/EF-S|
|Display Resolution||921k dots||920k dots|
|Image Sensor Size||23.5 x 15.6 mm||22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|Microphone Mode||Mono, Stereo||No|
|Weight||365 g||475 g|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 4||DIGIC 4+|
|UHS Card Support||yes||No|
|Features||Histogram Display, Camera Orientation Detection, In-camera RAW Processing, Water Resistant||Histogram Display, Camera Orientation Detection, Auto Focus Lock|
|Special Effects||Selective Color, Night Vision, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Photo Illustration||Fisheye, Miniature, Monochrome, Neutral|
|Max View Angle||76 degrees||74 degrees|
|Shooting Programs||Family, Street, Travel, Landscape photography, Sports, and action.||Landscape, Night Portrait, Portrait, Sports, Macro.|
|Dimension||4.88 x 2.76 x 3.82 inches||5.09 x 3.99 x 3.06 inches|
|Max Flash Sync||No||1/200s|
|Price||Check D3500 Price||Check T7 Price|
The Downsides of Nikon D3500 & Canon t7
|Nikon D3500||Canon t7|
|Check Nikon 3500 Price||Check Canon T7 Price|
What Both Cameras Can do?
- Both Camera has a 24 Mega Pixel camera sensor that helps to capture images and videos in higher Resolution with more details. You must need to capture an image at a higher resolution if you want to print the image.
- Nikon D3500 & Canon T7 both have the same shutter speed (1/4000), Which helps you to capture fast-moving objects without getting blurred. Suppose you want to capture a flying bird you can capture that perfectly without getting blurry.
- Both can record video [1920 x 1080 (Full HD) at 30 fps and 1280 x 720 (HD) at 60 fps, Which is enough good for Making any kind of video except Recording any very fast-moving object like a racing car or bike.
- You can remotely control both of these cameras from your phone.
- If you want to do a live show or live concert you can do it with both cameras, just connect the camera to wifi and it’s ready to go.
If you are okay same kind of low light photography, 24MP sensor, DIGIC 4 image processor, and full HD video then you can pick Canon T7, and If you want to get the best one with everything then you should pick Nikon D3500.
Common Features in Both Cameras
|Specification||Nikon d3500||Canon t7|
|Display Type||Fixed type||Fixed type|
|Megapixels||24 megapixels||24 megapixels|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080|
|Exposure Range||EV 0-20||EV 0-20|
|Image Recording Format||JPEG, RAW||JPEG, RAW|
|Digital Video Format||MPEG-4, H.264||MPEG-4, H.264|
|Memory Card Type||SD, SDHC, and SDXC||SD, SDHC, and SDXC|
|Mobile Remote control||yes||yes|
|Red Eye Reduction||yes||yes|
|Self Timer Delay||10sec||10sec|
|Optical Viewfinder Magnification||Pentamirror||Pentamirror|
|Max Mechanical Shutter||1/4000s||1/4000s|
|Custom White Balance||yes||yes|
|Manual Exposure Mode||yes||yes|
|Center Weighted Metering||yes||yes|
|Face Detection Focus||yes||yes|
|warranty||1 year||1 year|
|Price||Check D3500 Price||Check t7 Price|
Frequently Questions Asked About Nikon D3500 VS Canon T7
|What is the FN button on a Nikon camera?
This button is made for what you want to have available immediately without touching your hands and without having the camera.
What does IOS do?
The IOS is how you adjust your camera; it’s the main pillar of exposure. Changing the IOS will brighten or darken your images.
How long can the Canon T7 record the video?
If the recording time is 29 minutes and 59 seconds or the file size reaches 4GB, the recording stops automatically.
What mount is the Canon t7?
Canon t7 has a Canon EF/EF-s Lens mount, and currently, there are 326 native lenses available for this mount.