Are you looking for the better ones from Nikon D3400 and Nikon D5600? If yes, we strongly recommend you should go for the Nikon D5600 for its improved features and usability.
Why We Recommend You Nikon D5600?
- Nikon D5600 combines with 39 autofocus points that will help you track the subject and focus even on moving things automatically. Thus, this DSLR camera will give the perfect image. In contrast, its brother DSLR can focus only 11 points.
- It features a touchscreen property to let you control the camera function easily from the screen. But, the Nikon D3400 does not have this essential feature.
- You will get a microphone port with the Nikon D5600 that you can use while recording, whereas its opponent has no microphone port.
- With the Nikon D5600, 3.2 inches of an LCD screen is propertied, helpful while viewing the captured photos or videos. But, its brother DSLR camera has only 3 inches of LCD.
- The D5600 camera is combined with NFC that will offer fast short-range communication with your smart devices, and you can use it to click some amazing pictures and instantly store them on your smartphones. On the other hand, the Nikon D3400 does not have this essential property.
If you are looking for a camera with more advanced features that are helpful in getting a perfect user experience, you can consider the Nikon D5600.
Similar Features of Nikon D5600 and D3400
- Nikon D3400 and Nikon D5600 come with a 100 to 25600 auto ISO range that will give you crystal clear images with sharpness and without blurriness, even in low light places.
- The continuous shooting speed of these DSLR cameras is 5 frames per second which will help you not to miss any special moment like a game-winning goal or a newlyweds couple dance. Thus, you can take even fast-moving things with these DSLR cameras.
- These Nikon brother cameras come with Bluetooth connectivity that lets you transfer your photos and videos to your mobile phone, laptop, and computer without connecting to the internet.
- A one-year limited international warranty is provided with the Nikon DSLR cameras that you can use if you find any manufacturer’s issue during this warranty time.
Nikon D3400 vs D5600 Comparison Chart
|Specification||Nikon D3400||Nikon D5600|
|Editor’s Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Auto-Focus||11-Point AF System||39-Points|
|Wi-Fi Connection||Built-in Eye-Fi Compatible||Yes with NFC|
|Screen Size||3 inches||3.2 inches|
|ISO Range||100-25600 (auto)||100-25600 (auto)|
|Battery Life||1,200 shots (CIPA)||970 shots (CIPA)|
|Weight||0.87 lbs||3 pounds|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||5 frames per second||5 frames per second|
|Bluetooth||Snap Bridge Bluetooth Connectivity||Yes, 4.1|
|Video Resolution||Full HD 1080p||Full HD 1080p|
|Product Dimension||2.95 x 4.88 x 3.86 inches||12.9 x 6 x 8.9 inches|
|Image Sensor (Effective pixels)||24.2 megapixels||24.2 megapixels|
|View Finder Type||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder|
|White Balance||Yes, (auto)||Yes, (auto)|
|Screen Type||LCD||Touchscreen TFT-LCD|
|Self Timer||2, 5, 10, 20 sec.; 1 to 9 exposures||2, 5, 10, 20 sec.; 1 to 9 exposures|
|Warranty||1 year international limited||1 year international limited|
Features & Benefits of Nikon D5600 and D3400
Design and Display
The Nikon D3400 DSLR camera combines a 3-inch LCD, and the D5600 camera comes with a 3.2 inches LCD screen. But, the Nikon D5600 features a touch screen display that will help you control the camera function effortlessly on the screen. Therefore, you can use it like your smartphone. But, you will not get this essential property with the Nikon D3400.
However, the Nikon D3400 is a lightweight camera, and it weighs 0.87 lbs with a 2.95 x 4.88 x 3.86 inches item dimension. On the other hand, the Nikon D5600 is a bit of an overweight DSLR camera that weighs 3 pounds with 12.9 x 6 x 8.9 inches of product dimension. In addition to that, the Nikon D5600 has a 3x optical zoom lens, and the Nikon D3400 comes with a 1x zoom lens.
It is essential to know about the battery performance of your chosen camera before buying. In this regard, you will take 1200 shots with the Nikon D3400 per full charge, which is enough to easily cover a wedding ceremony or a day-long program.
On the other hand, the Nikon D5600 can let you take only 970 photos. Therefore, you can take more images with the Nikon D3400 and consider this camera if you want to click more pictures with a full charge.
The ISO range helps you get the perfect portrait even in a low-light place. And these Nikon brother cameras provide you with a 100-25600 ISO sensitivity range that can deliver you high-quality photos and videos in any weather condition.
These Nikon brothers’ DSLR cameras feature Full HD 1080p video resolution that will give you some crystal clear, sharp, and vibrant video clips. With these DSLR cameras, you can record videos from down to dusk with no issue.
In addition, the Nikon D5600 has a microphone port that will help you get the perfect sound quality while recording the widower with audio sound.
To get a better quality image, we must buy a DSLR camera with a high-resolution image sensor. In this regard, these Nikon cameras will give you 24.2 megapixels effective pixels that will provide you more crystal clear and high-quality photos with perfect sharpness and clarity.
Connectivity (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)
The Nikon D5600 is the best in terms of connectivity. It will let you have near-field communication (NFC) system that will help you get fast short-range connectivity between your camera and your smart electronic devices. Thus, you can take the snap with the help of your smartphone, keeping the camera further.
In addition, the photos will be stored on your phone via Wi-Fi connectivity instantly that you can now share on social media. Bluetooth connectivity is available with these two Nikon DSLR cameras that you can use to share your photos and videos to your smartphone, laptop, or computer without connecting to the internet.
Continuous Shooting Performance
With these two Nikon DSLR cameras, you can shoot fast with confidence as they offer you 5 frames per second at their continuous shooting speed. So, you will never miss any special moment if you have these cameras with you. This camera can be more effective in wedding photography, wildlife photography, and sports journalists.
With these two compact cameras, you will get a one-year manufacturer’s international warranty (limited), and you can use them if you feel any issues by this given period. The best thing about this warranty is you do not need to keep the warranty or registration card with you to get the free service from the company -only you need to show the purchase receipt.
Considering all the features of these two Nikon cameras, we strongly recommend you go with the Nikon D5600. It offers 39 autofocus points, a Touch screen control panel, a microphone port for crystal clear audio recording, and a large LCD screen. Plus, the Nikon D5600 is combined with NFC.
But, if you do not agree with us, you can go with the Nikon D3400, considering its high battery power and lightweight.
Frequently Asked Questions about Nikon D3400 and D5600
|Is the Nikon D3400 suitable for beginners?
Yes, the Nikon D3400 is very good for beginners and advanced people.
How many megapixels can offer the Nikon D3400?
The Nikon D3400 can give you 24.2 megapixels effective image sensor.
What is included in the package of the Nikon D3400?
The Nikon D3400 comes with EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-24 Quick Charger, DK-25 Rubber Eyecup, AN-DC3 Camera Strap, BF-1B Body Cap, AF-P DX, NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, LC-55A 55mm Snap-On Front Lens Cap, Rear Lens Cap, and so on.
Does the Nikon D5600 come with a battery and charger?
Yes, you will get a battery and a fast charger with the Nikon D5600.
What is the warranty time of the Nikon D5600?
The Nikon D5600 camera comes with a one-year manufacturer’s international warranty (limited), and the lenses come with a 5-year warranty.
Does the Nikon D5600 have HDMI output?
Yes, the Nikon D5600 has HDMI output on the right-hand side, which is very useful.
Read more camera comparisons below-