Looking for the best ones from Nikon D3500 and D3300? If yes, you are in the right place as we have compared these DSLRs side by side and found some updated features in Nikon D3500. Therefore, we think Nikon D3500 will be a perfect choice for you!
Why should you go for Nikon D3500?
- Nikon D3500 provides you with better battery performance than its opponent Nikon D3300 as with this DSLR, and you can take approximately 1550-shots. Another side, Nikon D3300’s Battery provides power for only 700-shots.
- This DSLR camera has Bluetooth version 4.1, and it supports SnapBridge smart Device app. So, you can transfer your captured photos and videos faster to your smartphone. Another side, Nikon D3300 doesn’t support this application, and it doesn’t have a Bluetooth feature.
- Nikon D3500 weighs 365 grams, and Nikon D3300 weighs 410 grams. Therefore, Nikon D3500 is lighter than D3300, and you can use this device with more comfort than D3300.
So, you can see that Nikon D3500 is the updated version of the Nikon D3300. This device has a powerful battery and Bluetooth connection ( version 4.1), and it weighs lighter than Nikon D3300. Therefore, we strongly suggest Nikon D3500 for you. Otherwise, you can choose D3300, but you may have to compromise some advanced features.
- Both DSLR cameras have a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Hence, they can produce high-resolution videos and sharp photos.
- Their continuous drive speed is 5fps. So, you can capture every fast-moments with fine details.
- They have a 3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD (with 921k dots) that provides a clear view of the captured photos and videos.
- These devices are formed with an Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder, by which you can see the subject clearly before taking the shot.
- The EXPEED 4 image-processing engine makes sure a delicate color combination and overall fast performance.
- You can record cinematic 1080p resolution (Full HD) videos with them.
- Nikon DSLR cameras come with a one-year limited warranty policy covering free repairing service for any manufacturer defect.
Nikon d3300 vs. d3500 comparison chart
|Specification||Nikon D3300||Nikon D3500|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight(Body only)||410 grams||365 grams|
|Battery Life ( per charge)||700-shots||1550-shots|
|Bluetooth||No||Yes ( Version 4.1)|
|Continuous Drive Speed||Five frames per second||Five frames per second|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD||3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD|
|Monitor’s resolution||921k Dots||921k dots|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-12800 ( Expandable to 25600)||100-25600|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder|
|Auto Focus points||11-points||11-points|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 4||EXPEED 4|
|Video recording||Full HD (1,920×1,080)||Full HD (1,920×1,080)|
|Warranty policy||Limited one year||Limited one year|
Similarities & differences between Nikon D3500 & Nikon D3300
The design of a camera is too important as it determines the comforts of its user. Nikon D3300 weighs 410 grams, and its dimension is 4.9 in. x 3.9 in. x 3.0 in. Another side, Nikon D3500 comes with a 365-gram weight, and its size is 4.9 in. x 3.9 in. x 2.8 in. So, you can see that Nikon has updated D3500 by reducing 54 grams and making it more comfortable to use.
Image Sensor and Image processor:
Both Nikon D3500 and Nikon D3300 are formed with a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS image sensor. Hence, they can produce high-resolution photos and 1080p Full-HD videos with sharp details. In addition, they have EXPEED 4 image-processing engines that will reduce blurriness from photos and ensure a perfect color combination.
Life is full of surprises, right? Both cameras will make your life more joyful and fun by capturing these surprising moments.
ISO and Continuous drive speed:
Nikon D3300’s auto ISO range is 100-12800 ( expandable to 25600), and Nikon D3500 comes with a 100-25600 ISO range. Therefore, both DSLRs let you take snaps in low light and create fine-quality panoramas. Moreover, they provide you with a 5fps continuous shooting speed. Hence, you can take impressive images of any fast-moving objects.
Autofocus and viewfinder type:
Both Nikon D3300 and D3500 have an 11-points autofocus system that locks the subject as soon as they enter the frames. So, go for the desired shots without any worries. In addition, a viewfinder ( Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex) in these cameras provides you with a clear view of the subject.
LCD monitor and Battery:
These devices have a 3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD with 921k dots resolution. Their LCD monitor is fixed, but they provide a stunning preview of the captured photos or videos. However, both DSLRs have an EN-EL14a Rechargeable battery. Though they have the same type of Battery, Nikon D3500 has better battery optimization as with it; you can take extra 850 photos than D3300.
Nikon D3300 and D3500 are fantastic cameras. But, Nikon D3500 is the updated version of the D3300, and it has better battery performance and Bluetooth and weighs lighter than Nikon D3300. Therefore, we recommend you go with the updated version ( Nikon D3500). Otherwise, you can choose Nikon D3300 as it isn’t a bad option.
Frequently asked questions about Nikon D3300 vs D3500
Can I use the SnapBridge app with Nikon D3300?
No, this DSLR camera doesn’t support this app. Still, if you want this modern app, you can prefer Nikon D3500.
What is the battery type of Nikon D3500, and how many photos can I take with this DSLR?
This DSLR has an EN-EL14a (Rechargeable) Li-ion Battery, and you can capture approx. 1550 shots with it.
Which is more comfortable to use between Nikon D3500 and D3300?
Nikon D3500’s weight is 365 grams, whereas Nikon D3300 weighs 410 grams. So, Nikon D3500 is lighter than D3300, and this DSLR camera is more comfortable to use.
Can I rotate the LCD monitor of D3500?
No, this DSLR camera’s LCD monitor is fixed, but its LCD has a high resolution that ensures a clear preview.
You may have interest in other articles –