After comparing Nikon D3200 and Nikon D3500, we found some advanced features in Nikon D3500. Therefore, we recommend Nikon D3500 DSLR to you. Wanna know these advanced features of the Nikon D3500? Check the below section:
Why Nikon D3500 is better than Nikon D3200?
- Nikon D3500’s Continuous shooting speed is five frames per second, whereas Nikon D3200 has only 4fps speed. Therefore, Nikon D3500 will perform better than Nikon D3200 while taking photos of any fast-moving things or moments.
- This DSLR’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-25600, and Nikon D3200 has a 100-6400 ( Expandable to 12800) range. So, Nikon D3500 has a better ISO range than D3200, and this camera performs better in low lights.
- The EXPEED 4 image processor in this camera will produce stunning photos by maintaining accurate color combinations and making sure the camera operates super fast. But, Nikon D3200 has the previous EXPEED 3 processor, which isn’t fast as EXPEED 4.
- You will get better battery performance with Nikon D3500. You can shoot 1550 photos on a single charge, whereas, with D3200, you can take only 540 images.
- With Nikon D3500, you can record Full HD (1,920×1,080) videos at 60fps, but D3200 can record Full-HD at 30fps. Hence, Nikon D3500 has better video recording capability than its opponent.
- This DSLR is upgraded with Bluetooth ( Version 4.1) and supports the SnapBridge App for fast sharing of captured files. But Nikon D3200 doesn’t have this feature.
- Nikon D3500’s Viewfinder magnification is 0.85x, and Nikon D3200 has 0.75x. Hence, Nikon D3500 has higher viewfinder magnification, and this feature will make it easier for you to check the focus before taking the shot.
- This DSLR weighs 365 grams, whereas Nikon D3200 weighs 455 grams. Therefore, Nikon D3500 weighs 90 grams lighter than D3200, plus you can carry this camera easily and use it comfortably.
So, if you choose Nikon D3500, you will have these advanced features that are not available in Nikon D3200. Therefore, we strongly recommend Nikon D3500 DSLR for you! Otherwise, if you choose D3200, you can save a couple of dollars. Still, D3500 is worth these extra dollars.
Nikon d3200 vs d3500 comparison chart
|Specification||Nikon D3200||Nikon D3500|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.4 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Continuous Drive Speed||Four frames per second||Five frames per second|
|Weight(Body only)||455 grams||365 grams|
|Battery Life ( per charge)||540-shots||1550-shots|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 3||EXPEED 4|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-6400 ( Expandable to 12800)||100-25600|
|Bluetooth||No||Yes ( Version 4.1)|
|Video recording||Full HD (1,920×1,080)/30fps||Full HD (1,920×1,080)/60|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||24.2 Megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|LCD monitor||3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD||3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD|
|Monitor’s resolution||921k Dots||921k dots|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder||Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder|
|Auto Focus points||11-points||11-points|
|Warranty policy||Limited one year||Limited one year|
Features & Benefits of Nikon D3500 and Nikon D3200
Weight and Dimension:
Nikon D3500 weighs 365 grams, and its dimension is 124 mm x 97 mm x 69.5 mm. Another side, Nikon D3200 comes in 125 mm x 96 mm x 76.5 mm size and weighs 455 grams. Therefore, you can see that Nikon D3500 is lighter than Nikon D3200 and its compact size provides a comfortable photographic experience.
Image sensor and ISO sensitivity range:
Nikon D3200 and D3500 have a 24.2 megapixels CMOS sensor that will help you take crisp images and high-quality videos. Though these cameras have the same image processor, Nikon D3500 performs better in low lights as its ISO sensitivity range is 100-25600, whereas Nikon D3200’s ISO range is only 100-6400 ( expandable to 12800).
Image processor and Continuous Drive Speed:
Nikon D3200 has EXPEED 3 image processor, and Nikon D3500 is formed with EXPEED 4 processor. So, Nikon D3500 has an updated image processor; hence you will get better performance and correct color combination with this DSLR camera. Moreover, the 5fps continuous drive speed of D3500 provides you with an excellent opportunity to take accurate shots of any fast-moving objects. But, Nikon D3200 has only a 4fps drive speed.
LCD monitor and Battery:
These DSLR cameras have a 3.0 Inches Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD. The resolution of this LCD is 921k Dots. Hence, you will have a clear view of the photos you captured earlier. In addition, both cameras have the same Battery ( EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery), but the new D3500 has better optimization than D3200 as you can take approximately 1010 photos more with it.
Nikon D3500 DSLR camera has better continuous shooting speed, ISO range, optimized battery performance, SnapBridge app compatibility, better video recording facility, etc. Therefore, We think Nikon D3500 would be the perfect choice for you!
Frequently asked questions about Nikon D3200 vs D3500
Which camera has a more powerful battery, between Nikon D3500 and Nikon D3200?
Both cameras have the same EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion battery. Their main difference is in their optimization as with Nikon D3500; you can take approx. 1550 shots, and with D3200, you can take only 540-shots. So, Nikon D3500 has better battery optimization.
Which DSLR is more comfortable to use?
Nikon D3500 is the updated version of the Nikon D3200, and this DSLR weighs lighter. So, Nikon D3500 is more comfortable to use than D3200.
How many card slots are available in Nikon D3500?
You will get a single card slot in Nikon D3500, and you can use SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards.
What is the Continuous shooting speed of D3500?
D3500 can capture up to 5 fps at full resolution. So, you won’t miss any special moments with this camera.
Check out related articles here –