Nikon D3400 DSLR is good for you if you are not an expert in photography. This camera will surely grab your attention with its many satisfactory features. Learn some of these features and know how to use this device.
How Do You Connect Nikon D3400 To The Phone?
You can use the SnapBrige app of a Nikon camera to transfer photos from the camera to your smartphone. This app is compatible with both Android and iPhone.
To enjoy the benefit of this feature, you need to download a SnapBridge app from your device’s app store. Check out how to use this feature-
- If you are an Android or iPhone user, type the SnapBridge app after opening the app store. After getting it, download and install the app.
- You need to turn on the Bluetooth of the mobile and select the camera model in the app. The SnapBridge app is compatible with any kind of camera manufactured by Nikon. If you are using a DSLR camera, choose it by tapping the picture of it.
- Now, turn on the camera and press the menu button. When you find menus on display, head to the wrench menu to turn on or enable Bluetooth.
- Open the wrench menu, select the network selection in the Bluetooth, and enable it.
- Go to the connect to the smart device, and press OK to set up.
- The camera model will show on the display of your phone. Tap on the model name and press the camera’s OK button to establish the connection.
- The connection between both devices is almost complete. But you will still get some instructions on the camera; follow them to see photos or videos saved on the camera’s sd card.
- If you want to see the captured photos of the device on a mobile phone, tap the download images shown on the phone. The device will collect pictures from the camera and deliver them to you.
- Again, select the image you want if you want to download a single image to your smart device. There will be an option shown on display to download. Press the button, and it will be saved on the phone’s memory.
- For multiple images, the same process is applicable.
- You can also upload and store it in the Nikon cloud storage. If you have an account, then you are encouraged to do so. It will save your phone or card memory, and your photos will also be secured.
How To Use Nikon D3400 As A Webcam
If you want to use the Nikon D3400 as a webcam, you can do so. This camera is suitable for live streaming, webcamming or other video calling apps. For this, you must make the gear compatible with using those features.
A Nikon Utility software app and a USB are the things you should provide for the camera. Now, look at how to optimize the camera as a webcam.
A Nikon camera will replace a simple webcam when a computer’s utility software is installed. So, you need to ensure that for your computer. This utility is to be found on Nikon’s leading site.
Download the zipped software from the site and extract it to install. Restart the computer when you complete the installation.
Connect Nikon D3400 To Computer
You must link the gear to the camera using a USB cable. Open the USB cover of the camera, insert one side of the cable, and then attach another of it to the computer.
Use a tripod to give the camera a firm base before turning it on. It will reduce the camera shaking problem and gives you a steady and clean image.
Enable The Camera’s Video Mode
Convert the camera to video mode by revolving the mode dialer. Remember, the Nikon D3400 DSLR camera will turn off automatically after 10 minutes. But it can be extended to 30 minutes.
Moreover, an AC adapter will allow you to use the gear for a long time. You can use it if you think the device will be used for more than half an hour.
Select The Utility Software For Webcamming
This is to be done from the social app’s video settings. Open any of the video calling apps and go to the video setting. In the camera selection box, mark the Nikon utility app. Your camera is ready for live streaming or video calling.
You can also use a capture card to fulfill your wish to make the camera a webcam.
Things you need are as follows-
- Capture Card
- Capture Card Software
- HDMI To Micro HDMI Cable
- Fully Charged Battery
- Ac Adapter
Now give a short glance at these things and pay attention to how to use them.
- Attach The Card To The Computer
- The first thing you will have to do is to attach the card to the computer. The Nikon D3400 device is compatible with AVerMedia ExtremeCap UVC-BU110, Elgato Cam Link, AJA U- TAP HDMI, Magewell USB capture, and capture cards.
- You can choose anyone from these devices. First, ensure you have installed its software on your computer.
- Connect The Camera To The Computer
- Attach the camera to the card with an HDMI cable and the capture card to the computer. Now turn the camera on and rotate the dialer to video mode.
- In the video setting of any app, select the capture card name, which will allow you to use the gear as a webcam.
In the Nikon D3400 camera, an Expeed IV processor is used, which boosts the performance of the autofocusing system. It focuses and locks in the target at an incredible speed. It gives you the best quality effort for capturing photos or for live streaming if you use this camera.
Check out related articles here –