The EOS Rebel T7 is an outstanding DSLR camera with fantastic features like a 24.1 Megapixels CMOS sensor, super fast autofocus, powerful image processor, built-in connectivity, and much more. Therefore, this DSLR camera can take high-quality images and videos.
But do you know “How to use Canon rebel T7 as a webcam?” well, this article will give you the exact process of using T7 as a webcam. So, let’s dive into the discussion.
How Can I Use Canon Rebel T7 As a Webcam?
To use Canon rebel T7 as a webcam, you are required to have the following things:
- USB cable: You must have an IFC-400PCU cable to use canon rebel T7 as a webcam. But, you won’t get this type of USB with the T7; hence you have to purchase it from online/offline stores.
- Software: You must download and install the Canon EOS Webcam Utility program on your computer. You will get the latest Canon EOS Webcam Utility software by performing the following steps:
- You need to go to the Canon Support website to get the software.
- Next, scroll to the bottom to the option where it asks you to choose your camera model. You will pick the Canon EOS Rebel T7 there.
- Afterward, select the “drivers and downloads” tab and find the “software” option.
- Now, you have to choose the operating system of windows. Generally, it will automatically select the operating system.
- From the list, install the Windows version of the “EOS Webcam Utility” application. But don’t mix up EOS Webcam Utility with “EOS Utility,” as both work differently.
- After downloading the file, open it, which will look like ‘EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.1zip.’ However, the file may differ depending on the version.
- The File is a zip file, as you can see. So, extract all files. Then, you can read the instructions and install the file on your computer.
- After installing the app, restart your computer.
- Compatible applications: Skype, Zoom, or Microsoft.
How To Set Up Canon EOS Rebel T7 for Webcam?
Start the camera, and you have to set “Movie mode.” Then, to achieve the desired look, adjust the settings. After that, place your T7 camera in a suitable place and connect the USB cable. Now, open compatible applications (Skype, zoom, etc.) on your computer. Next, you have to check the video settings and find the EOS Webcam Utility, which will connect your device’s video feed so you can go live streaming.
Canon EOS Rebel T7 is a stunning DSLR camera with unique features. And after reading this article, I hope you can use Canon Rebel T7 as a webcam. However, ask me in the comment box if you have any queries.
Check out related articles here –