Fujifilm X100V and X100F are popular Digital Cameras with outstanding features. But we compared them and found some upgrades in X100V. Let’s check these features below:
What are the upgrade features of FUJIFILM X100V?
- FUJIFILM X100V has a 26.1 million (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, whereas X100F has a 24.3 million (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS III sensor. So, X100V has a better image sensor than X100F, and it will produce remarkable photos and videos.
- This digital camera can take the perfect shots of any fast-moving objects as its continuous drive speed is 11frames per second. Anotherside, X100F’s continuous shooting speed is only 8.0 fps. Hence, X100V will give better performance than X100F.
- The X100V comes with 0.5 inches OLED viewfinder with 3.69 million dots, whereas X100F has a 0.48-inches viewfinder with only 2,360K-dot. Therefore, X100V’s great viewfinder will give the object a clear and detailed view.
- You can record 4K (4096×2160) resolution videos with Fujifilm X100V plus this camera has 17 film simulation modes. Another side, X100F can produce only Full-HD resolution videos and has only 15 film simulation modes.
- This Digital camera has an NP-W126S Li-ion battery, and charging this once, and you can take approx. 350 photos. Otherside, With FUJIFILM X100F, you can shoot only 270 images. Therefore, X100V gives you better battery support.
- The X100V has a 3.0-inches ( 1.62 Million Dot) touch screen LCD with a tilting facility, and the X100F’s 3.0-inches Fixed LCD has only 1040K-dot. So, with X100V, you can take photos at different angles and operate the camera with its touchscreen.
So, you can see that FUJIFILM X100V has many upgrades that are not available in the FUJIFILM X100F. Do you want to miss these features? Of course not. We strongly suggest you get a FUJIFILM X100V camera.
Similar features of FUJIFILM X100V and FUJIFILM X100F Digital cameras:
- FUJIFILM X100V and X100F can take sharp images in any lighting as their ISO sensitivity range are 160 to 1200, which can be updated to 100-51200.
- They have a single card slot that supports SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards. So, you can capture and record as many pictures as you need.
- You will get a one-year limited warranty with these Digital cameras. Therefore, you will get free repairing service from the Company for manufacturing defects.
Comparison Chart of Fujifilm x100v vs x100f
|Specification||FUJIFILM X100V||FUJIFILM X100F|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Continuous Drive Speed||11 frames per second||8.0 frames per second|
|Digital Interface||USB Type-C||USB2.0|
|Film Simulation modes||17 Modes||15 Modes|
|LCD monitor||3.0-inches ( 1.62 Million Dot)||3.0-inches ( 1040K-dot TFT color)|
|Viewfinder Type||0.5 inch approx. 3.69 million dots OLED||0.48-inches., approx. 2,360K-dot|
|Battery Life ( per charge)||Approx. 350 frames||Approx. 270 frames|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||26.1 million pixels||24.3 million pixels|
|Sensor Type||(APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4||(APS-C)X-Trans CMOS III|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||160 to 12800||200 to 12800|
|Expandable ISO range||100 to 51200||100 to 51200|
|Auto Focus points||Intelligent Hybrid AF||Intelligent Hybrid AF|
|Image Processor||quad-core X-Processor 4||X-Processor Pro|
|Weight(Including battery and memory card)||Approx. 478g / 16.9oz||Approx. 469g / 16.5 oz.|
|Video recording||4K (4096×2160)||Full HD (1920×1080)|
|Warranty policy||One-year limited||One-year limited|
Features & Benefits of FUJIFILM X100V and X100F
FUJIFILM X100V weighs Approx. 478g / 16.9oz, and its dimension is (W) 128.0mm × (H) 74.8mm × (D) 53.3mm. Anotherside, the weight of X100F is Approx. 469g / 16.5 oz. and its size is 126.5mm (W) x 74.8mm (H) x 52.4mm (D). So, you will have more comfy with the Sony X100V as it has a bigger size and comfortable handgrip. Moreover, they have a weather-sealed body and can operate at 32°F~104°F temperature.
Image and video recording:
The X100V is built with X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor and X-:Processor 4 image processing engine. With this advanced sensor and processor combination, this Digital Camera’s 26.1 Megapixel sensor uses a back-illuminated design to maximize the range and remarkable quality photos and 4K resolution videos (including super Slow motion)
Anotherside, FUJIFILM X100F has (APS-C)X-Trans CMOS III sensor and an X-Processor Pro processor. You can record only Full-HD videos with it. This camera will perform well but not like the X100V.
Low light performance:
The FUJIFILM X100V has a 160-12800 ISO sensitivity range, and you can adjust this range to 100 to 51200. Anotherside, X100F’s ISO range is 200-12800, and it also can be expanded to 100-51200. Therefore, both devices will focus easily and quickly in low-light conditions, and you can capture images anytime.
LCD monitor and Battery:
Both Digital cameras have a 3.0 inches LCD monitor. But, in X100V, you will get more features. For example- it has a higher resolution (1.62 Million dots) than X100F. Plus, it is a touchscreen LCD, and you can rotate it. But, X100F’s LCD is fixed, and you can’t operate it with your finger touch.
However, they include an NP-W126S Li-ion battery. But, X100V’s battery is well-optimized, and you can take approximately 350 shots. On the other hand, with X100F, you can take only 270 shots. Thus, you can cover an entire event with the X100V.
We have described all the features of FUJIFILM X100V and X100F. In our opinion, if you want better features, X100V will be a better option. Otherwise, if you have a limited budget, you can get X100F.
Frequently asked questions about FUJIFILM X100V and FUJIFILM X100F
|Any wireless capability for image transfer in FUJIFILM X100F?
Yes, the Fuji X100F is wireless compatible for image transfers; however, it’s slow, and I would recommend using a USB cord or plugging in your SD card to your computer- instead.
What is the port situation of X100V? Still micro USB?
Not micro USB anymore – they’ve moved on the USB-C. So, you can transfer your files faster.
Can the X100V camera shoot in Raw?
Yes, of course. This camera can Raw and JPEG images.
Is the FUJIFILM X100V camera suitable for fast-moving action photography (I would like to photograph my super fast dogs running)?
Yes, the Continuous shooting speed of the X100V is 11fps. So, you can take perfect shots of the super fast dogs running.
Pretty expensive camera. Do you think X100V is worth the high price tag?
This camera has a better Continuous drive speed, ISO range, high-resolution viewfinder, and LCD. So, This digital camera is worth it.