After comparing the Fuji XT4 and Sony a7iii, we have found some unique features in the Fuji X-t4 mirrorless camera. That’s why we strongly recommend Fuji XT4. Let us explain these outstanding features of FUJIFILM X-T4 below:
Why We Recommend FujiFilm X-T4?
- FUJIFILM X-T4 camera comes with X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor with 26.1 Megapixels, whereas Sony a7iii has an Exmore R CMOS sensor with only 24.2 Megapixels. Therefore, X-T4 has a bigger image sensor and can produce higher resolution photos and videos than its opponent.
- The Continuous drive speed of X-T4 is 30 frames per second, and the Sony a7iii has only 10fps. Therefore, X-T4 will provide a better shot of any fast-moving object than its competitor.
- This device’s OLED viewfinder has 3.69 million dots, and Sony a7iii’s viewfinder has only 2.36 million dots. Hence, X-T4 will provide you with more details of the object than the Sony A7iii camera.
- X-T4 has 6.5 stop compensation stops in image stabilization, whereas Sony a7iii has only 5.0 stops. So, with X-T4, you can capture more sharp and stabilized photos than the other.
- This device comes with 3.0 inches LCD monitor with 1.62 million dots, and Sony a7iii’s 3.0 inches LCD has only 0.92 million dots. So, X-T4 has a better resolution monitor than the Sony a7iii.
- You can use two UHS-II memory cards in FUJIFILM X-T4, which provides enough storage for your photos and videos. Plus, you can also transfer files too fast. Another side, Sony a7iii supports UHS-II cards in slot one and UHS-I in slot two. Therefore, Sony a7iii won’t be able to provide fast transfer of files like the FUJIFILM X-T4.
So, you can see that FUJIFILM X-T4 has unique and professional features, which will provide you smooth photographic experience. Therefore, we strongly recommend you this mirrorless camera. Otherwise, if you have a budget problem, then you can go for the Sony a7iii.
- Both devices have silent shutter mode, allowing you to take photos without sound.
- These cameras can focus on the face of the objects as they have an auto face detection feature.
- You can quickly transfer your files as these cameras have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility.
- They are capable of recording 4K resolution videos.
- Both cameras are provided with a one-year limited warranty; hence, you will get free repair service if any defect is found.
Fuji XT4 vs Sony a7iii Comparison Chart
|Specifications||FUJIFILM X-T4||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Image Sensor||X-Trans CMOS 4||Exmor R CMOS sensor|
|Effective Pixels In Image Sensor||26.1 million pixels (Approximately)||24.2 million pixels (Approximately)|
|Continuous Drive Speed||30 frames per second||10 frames per second|
|LCD monitor||3.0 inches with 1.62 million dots||3.0 inches with 0.92 million dots|
|Viewfinder Type||1.27 cm OLED Color Viewfinder||1.3 cm electronic viewfinder (color), XGA OLED|
|Viewfinder resolution||3.69 Million Dots||2.36 Million dots|
|Image Stabilization||Image sensor-shift mechanism (5-axis compensation)||Image Sensor-Shift mechanism (5-axis compensation)|
|Compensation effect in IS||6.5 Stops||5.0 Stops|
|Memory card Slot||2 ( Both Slots Support UHS-II Card)||2 ( Slot 1 supports UHS-II and Slot 2 supports UHS-I )|
|Auto Focus Type||Intelligent Hybrid AF||Fast Hybrid AF|
|Auto Focus Points||425-Points||693-Points|
|Battery Life for Still Image||600 frames||610 Frames|
|Silent Shutter mode||Yes||Yes|
|Image Processor||X-Processor 4||BIONZ X|
|ISO||160-12800 ( Expandable to 80-51200)||100-51200(Expandable to 50-204800)|
|The warranty type and Period||One-Year ( Limited)||One-Year ( limited)|
Features & Benefits of FujiFilm XT4 vs Sony a7iii
Weight and Dimension
Including battery and SD memory card FUJIFILM X-T4 weighs 607 grams, and its dimension is 134.6mm x 92.8mm x 63.8mm. Another side, the Sony a7iii weighs 650 grams, and its size is 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm. Therefore, you can see that X-T4 has a lightweight and small size that will provide you with a better handgrip and a comfortable grip.
FUJIFILM X-T4 comes with X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor with 26.1 million pixels, and Sony a7iii has an Exmor R CMOS sensor with 24.2 Megapixels. Hence, X-T4 can produce more resolution and higher quality photos and videos than Sony a7iii as this device has a bigger image sensor.
ISO Sensitivity range
The ISO range of X-T4 is 160-12800, which can be increased to 80-51200. On the other hand, the Sony a7iii comes with a 100-51200 ISO range, and you can expand this range to 50-204800. Thus, both cameras are capable of taking sharp and noise-free images in low-light situations.
Image Processor and Continuous shooting Speed
Sony a7iii has BIONZ X, and FUJIFILM X-T4 has X-Processor 4 image-processing engine. Therefore, both cameras can ensure fast performance and reduce blurriness from the photos and videos.
But, again, the continuous shooting speed of X-T4 is 30 frames per second, whereas the Sony a7iii comes with only 10fps drive speed. So, FUJIFILM X-T4 provides you a better chance to take perfect shots of a fast-moving object than its opponent.
LCD monitor and viewfinder
Sony a7iii has 3.0 inches LCD monitor, with 1.62 million dots, whereas X-T4 comes with a 3.0 inches LCD with 1.62 million dots. Therefore, X-T4 provides you with a smooth preview of the photos and recordings.
In addition, you will find a 1.27cm OLED color viewfinder with 3.69 million dots in the X-T4 camera and a 1.3 cm XGA OLED electronic viewfinder (2.36 Million dots) in Sony a7iii. Although X-T4 has a smaller viewfinder than a7iii, it will provide you a better preview of the image as it has better resolution than a7iii.
Sony a7iii and FUJIFILM X-T4 are top-rated cameras in the market, but between these two, we recommend you FUJIFILM X-T4 as this camera has unique and work-friendly features. Otherwise, you can choose Sony a7iii camera, but you have to compromise the fantastic features available in the X-T4 camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about FUJIFILM X-T4 and Sony a7iii
Can I use the UHS-II card in both card slots of the Sony a7iii camera?
No, the second slot of this camera doesn’t support the UHS-II card, but you can use the UHS-I card. Another side, X-T4’s slots support UHS-II cards.
Between X-T4 and Sony a7iii, which one is better for high-resolution photos?
Between these two mirrorless cameras, X-T4 has X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor with 26.1 megapixels, and the Sony a7iii has an Exmor R CMOS sensor with 24.2 Megapixels. So, X-T4 is better for high-resolution images as this camera has a bigger image sensor.
Can I shoot photos in low light with an X-T4 camera?
Yes, the ISO range of this camera is 160-12800, and you can expand this range to 80-51200. So, you can easily take photos in low light with this camera. But, if you want more ISO range, you can choose Sony a7iii camera as this device has a 100-51200 ISO range.
What is the viewfinder type of Fujifilm X-T4?
This camera has a 1.27 cm OLED Color Viewfinder with 3.69 million dots, providing the scenario with stunning details.
You can also check some other comparisons below: