Canon t7 Vs t7i – Check Which one is Best & Why?
In 2019 I was traveling to Bangladesh from Michigan, But My brother took my Canon t7 Camera for his school trip, so unwillingly, I needed another Camera for my trip. One of my friends told me Canon t7’s earlier version Canon t7i has better features and performance, so I bought the t7i and also an EF18-55mm lens. The trip was cool. Below are some pictures of that trip.
After that trip, I made some more trips to Grand Canyon, India, and Thailand, and I have been using both of the Cameras for the last 3 years. Here I am sharing my last 3-year experience with these two DSLRs. Hope it will help you to make the right decision.
What are the differences? Which one is Best & Why?
- Canon t7i contains 45 focus points, which helps to focus on 45 objects at the same time whereas the Canon t7 has 9 focus points.
- ISO of Canon t7i is 51200, and t7 ISO is 12800, which means you can take 4 times better images in any low lighting situation with Canon t7i.
- After Charging once, you can shoot more than 600 photos with the t7i, and with Canon t7, you can shoot up to 500.
- Canon t7i Shoots at 6fps, which helps to do Action or Sports photography, and it records videos at 60fps. But Canon t7 shoots at 3 fps and records at 30 fps.
- The Self-Cleaning Sensor Unit is available in t7i, you don’t need to worry about the sensor cleaning, but it’s not available in t7.
- Spot metering is included in t7i, which helps to measure a tiny area of the scene; you can’t do this in t7.
- Canon t7i has a 3.5mm microphone port to record noise-free sounds; t7 Doesn’t have any built-in port for the microphone.
- In t7i, You can tap on the screen to focus or zoom. Canon t7, unfortunately, does not have a touch screen.
Only one thing can make you comfortable with the Canon t7, which is its price, But you have to compromise all the features of the Canon t7i. If you are doing photography in a studio, then it’s okay to pick the Canon t7, but for all other purposes, the Canon t7i would be the best choice.
The Downsides of Canon T7i & T7
Comparison chart of Canon t7 & t7i
|Specification||Canon t7||Canon t7i|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||1.04 pounds||1.18 pounds|
|Dimension||3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches||3 x 5.2 x 3.9 inches|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Max resolution||24.1 megapixel||24.2 megapixel|
|Photo Sensor size||APS-H||APS-C|
|Video capture resolution||1080p||1080p|
|Compatible mounting||Canon EF||Canon EF-S|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
|Price||Check t7 price||Check t7i price|
Things you should know about Canon t7i and t7.
- Canon t7i has 15 Custom Functions with 44 settings settable with the camera, and you have custom control to the Shutter button (halfway pressing), AE lock button, and SET button, but t7 has 11 Custom Functions with 33 settings and no Custom Controls are given.
- 25 Languages (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese) are added in the interface.
- There is an SD card slot on the side of the T7i, and it’s easy to access while using a tripod. Unfortunately, the t7 SD card is located on the bottom every time you have to remove the tripod to get access.
- With the Bluetooth feature of t7i, you can connect it to other devices, which is not to be found in t7.
- Your video recording will be stable and smooth with a 5-axis image stabilizer of T7i that helps the camera sensor adjust with the user’s movement, which is not given in T7.
- It gives you 10,40,000 dots, and T7 offers 9,20,000 dots which are the pixels size of both cameras. More pixels mean the more sharp and clear images shown on display, and T7i admits that.
- T7i comes with an EF-S lens, and T7 has an EF lens, but both devices are compatible with lenses like EF, EF-S, TS-E, and MP-E.
Similar Feature of Canon t7 Vs t7i
- Both devices have removable batteries.
- These devices support wifi.
- They have an optical viewfinder.
- Wide-angle lens
- 1-year warranty
- 1080px video resolution
FAQ of Canon t7 and t7i
How long does the Canon t7i battery last?
The battery life of the Canon t7 has lasted you through approximately 600 shoots in one single charge.
Is the Canon T7 good for video?
Its video quality is a little bit better, and it can be autofocused, but it does not capture smoothly as Canon t7i gives.
How to connect Canon t7 to my computer for transforming photos?
Does the Canon t7i shoot in 4k?
The Canon t7i does not shoot in 4k. You can shoot in HD only.