Canon t7 and Canon sl3 are both the most demanded cameras in the market. If you want to make the perfect decision, go for the Canon sl3.
Why You Should Go For the Canon SL3?
- This device has an extended ISO of 100-51200, which provides the advantage of better shooting long exposure images. The Canon t7, on the other side, comes with an ISO range of 100-12800.
- Canon sl3 can capture up to 1070 shots with a single charge. But, the alternative will last for only 500 shots with a full charge.
- It works fast with 5-fps during a continuous shot, and the Canon t7 works slow while taking the same shots in 3-fps.
- This device’s weight is 449g, besides the Canon t7 is 475g. Thus, you will feel very comfortable using this device for a long time.
- Canon sl3 can record high-resolution 4k video while Canon t7 can shoot only Full HD quality video.
- It has microphone ports that provide high-quality audio recording options. In contrast, Canon t7 does not have this feature.
These advanced features will surely make your shooting moment more enjoyable. You will get better videos and pictures with this camera that’s why you can consider this device.
- Both cameras have the 24mp-APS-C sensor, which ensures impressive image quality..
- They have a phase detection autofocus feature. So whenever you record with many fast-moving objects, face detection autofocus makes this footage more precise and sharper.
- Both cameras have battery level indicators that warn you when the battery gets low.
Canon T7 vs SL3: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specification||Canon t7||Canon sl3|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Product dimension||3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches||2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||3fps||5 fps|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Battery life||500 shots||1070 shots|
|Battery level indicator||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences Between Canon t7 VS Sl3
Whenever we go buy a camera, first we look at its design and weight. So, body weight and size are the main factors for choosing an ideal camera. Canon sl3 weight is 449g, and external dimension is 2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches. Besides, Canon t7’s weight is 475g, and the external dimension is 3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches. If we notice, then we can see that Canon sl3 is smaller than Canon t7.
Both camera screen sizes are 3 inches. Canon sl3 screen is fully articulated, which means the screen can be flip out, and with Canon t7 screen fixed type, you can’t flip out that display. You can operate your display by your finger at Canon sl3 but Canon t7 does not have this feature.
Canon t7 and canon sl3 both cameras come with a 24mp-APS-C CMOS sensor. This camera ISO range is 51200, and the Canon t7 ISO range is 12800. The maximum ISO range controls the light and captures the transparent image in low light without any flash. Both cameras have phase detection autofocus for videos which makes the image sharper and clear.
Lenses are also an essential part of any type of camera. There are 326 lenses for these cameras. Both cameras come with the same EF/EF-S mount. Image stabilization is also essential for any camera, but unfortunately, there are no image stabilization features in their body. You can buy separate lenses for image stabilization.
Continuous shooting speed
This feature is also crucial for catching fast-moving shots. Canon sl3 has a 6fps shooting speed, and Canon t7 has a 3fps shooting speed. The faster shooting speed is useful for capturing clear action shots. Both cameras have pictures in a raw feature that means you capture an image continuously in a raw.
The maximum video resolution means more quality full video footage. Canon sl3 has 4k video mode, and the resolution is 3840p x 2160p. Besides, Canon t7 has Full HD video mode, and the resolution is 2160p x 1080p. Both cameras have phase-detection autofocus for a video that makes the video footage more quality full.
Canon sl3 has a timelapse function, but Canon t7 does not have this feature.
Canon sl3 provides you more battery life than Canon t7. This camera can take 1070 images per charge, and Canon t7 can take 500 shots per second. If you are a professional outdoor photographer, I must say that Canon sl3 is the best choice. Both cameras have a battery level indicator function, and if the battery gets damaged, then you can change it easily.
These devices can be connected with wifi. Both cameras can be operated remotely. Both cameras have an external memory card slot so that you can add an external memory card. They have an NFC function, which is helpful for a simple transaction
Canon t7 and Canon sl3 are excellent cameras with all the essential features useful for stunning images and videos. But canon sl3 has better and advanced features, which are not available in Canon t7. That’s why we strongly suggest you buy Canon sl3. Otherwise, the Canon t7 is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Canon t7 and Canon sl3
|Is the LCD screen fixed in Canon t7?|
Yes, the LCD screen is fixed. If you want an articulated screen, you can buy a Canon sl3.
What is the maximum storage that I can use for this camera?
You can use 128GB.
Is this camera easy to learn as a beginner?
Yes! It is great for learning the basics of photography. The Lens is not bad for taking nice pictures to start and gives pretty decent bokeh.
Does it have a head strap?
It comes with a neck strap.
Find related articles from the below links –