Canon T7 was released in Feb-2018 & Sl3 in April-2019. Both Cameras are Amazing with some similarities & differences, but if you are looking for the best one with better photo & video quality, I would recommend the Canon Sl3 rather than T7.
Why Do I Recommend Canon SL3?
- Canon Sl3 is built with DIGIC 6 image processor and t7 is built with DIGIC 4+ processor. DIGIC 6 processor is built to provide better autofocus, faster Image processing, better resolution and it consumes less power to run for extra time.
- Its continuous shooting speed is 5 fps, Which means it can take up to 5 pictures in a second, whereas Canon T7 can take up to 3. To do that, you just need to press & hold the shutter button. This feature gives you more options to select the best shoot from 3 of them.
- The light sensitivity of the Canon Sl3 is 100-25600 ISO & expandable to 51000 ISO, but the T7 is 100-6400. You will get 2 times better low-light & tough-light photography with Canon Sl3 than T7.
- It has 1040k dots higher resolution screen that helps to display more detailed visual information than the T7. Canon T7 has 920k dots screen resolution.
- It has a microphone port where you can attach a microphone & shoot video with crystal-clear sound quality. On the other hand, Canon T7 doesn’t have a microphone port.
- The battery power of the Canon Sl3 is super. It can shoot 1070 pictures on a single charge, whereas Canon T7 can shoot only 500.
- Canon Sl3 can record high-resolution 4k video, while T7 can shoot only Full HD video. With Sl3, you can record beautiful 3840×2160 realistic videos with every single detail.
- The Canon Sl3 has a fully Articulated touchscreen display that you can rotate to shoot at different angles, which is helpful while taking selfies or making vlog videos & you can focus or zoom on any specific object by tapping on the screen. The Canon T7 Display is fixed.
- The Sl3 camera also has a timelapse recording feature for creative shooting. But the Canon T7 does not come with this amazing option.
- This camera supports a UHS-I card, which ensures high capacity, faster downloads, and better performance to shoot and store videos & photos. But Canon t7 doesn’t support this type of card.
Maybe the Canon T7 price can make you comfortable because it’s cheaper than the Canon Sl3. But you have to compromise all the above-mentioned features. Now the decision is yours, I hope it was helpful to make the right decision.
Side By Side Comparison Chart
|Specification||Canon Sl3||Canon T7|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 Out of 5||4.4 Out of 5|
|Image Processor||DIGIC 8||DIGIC 4+|
|Max Native Light sensitivity||100 – 25,600 ISO||100- 6,400 ISO|
|Max Boosted Light Sensitivity||51200 ISO||12800 ISO|
|Battery Life||1070 shots||500 shots|
|Resolution||1,040k dots||920k dots|
|Flash Range||n/a||9.20 m (at ISO 100)|
|Continuous Shooting||5.0 fps||3.0 fps|
|Max Video Resolution||3840 x 2160||1920 x 1080|
|AE Bracketing Range||±3 EV||±2 EV|
|UHS Card Support||UHS-I||None|
|Check Price||Check Sl2 Price||Check T7i Price|
Common Things That Both DSLRs Can Do.
- Canon T7 & Sl3 have 24.10 megapixels APS-C sensor. A better megapixel camera helps to capture images and videos in higher Resolution with more details.
- Both have Face Detection Focus that locks on the face and tracks the subject while they are moving. It’s very helpful while you are making vlogs or any other kind of Videos.
- Canon T7 & Sl3 has a Live view() option, This option allows you to shoot while viewing a real-time image.
- They have 9 focus points, which help to focus on 9 objects at the same time.
- AE Bracketing is available in Canon T7 & Sl3, which helps to shoot equally in tough lighting conditions or shadow areas.
- If you want to do a live streaming or live concert, you can do it with both DSLRs, just connect the camera to wifi and it’s ready to go.
- Canon Sl3 & T7 can record (1920 x 1080) Video, which helps to record fast-moving objects without getting blurred.
- The shutter speed of both DSLRs is 1/4000, which helps to capture super-fast moving objects without getting blurred, Like racing cars or bikes.
If you are okay with the above-explained feature, then you can get any one of these, but if you are looking for advanced features and the best one Between Nikon D750 & D610, you must pick the Nikon D750.
|Specification||Canon Sl3||Canon T7|
|Sensor Megapixels||24 megapixels||24 megapixels|
|Sensor Max Resolution||6000 x 4000||6000 x 4000|
|AF Multi Area||Yes||Yes|
|AF Live View||Yes||Yes|
|AF Face Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Contrast Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Phase Detection||Yes||Yes|
|Number of Focus Points||9||9|
|Viewfinder||Optical (pentamirror)||Optical (pentamirror)|
|Max Mechanical Shutter||1/4000s||1/4000s|
|Manual Exposure Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Custom White Balance||Yes||Yes|
|Max Flash Sync||n/a||1/200s|
|Video Formats||MPEG-4, H.264||MPEG-4, H.264|
|Dimensions||122 x 93 x 70mm||129 x 101 x 78mm|
|Check Price||Check Sl3 Price||Check T7i Price|
Frequently asked questions about Canon t7 and Canon sl3
|Is the LCD screen fixed in Canon t7?
Yes, the LCD screen is fixed. If you want an articulated screen, you can buy a Canon SL3.
What is the maximum storage that I can use for this camera?
You can use 128GB.
Is this camera easy to learn as a beginner?
Yes! It is great for learning the basics of photography. The Lens is not bad for taking nice pictures to start and gives pretty decent bokeh.
Does it have a head strap?
It comes with a neck strap.