Canon Rebel T7 and Nikon D3500 are two professional cameras combine with quality features. And if you want to pick the best one, then we recommend you the Nikon D3500.
Why Do We Recommend the Nikon D3500?
- Nikon D3500’s maximum ISO range is 25600, and Canon Rebel T7’s maximum ISO range is 12800. The higher ISO range will help you to capture perfect and detailed photos even in low lights.
- This camera has a powerful battery (EN-EL14a Li-Ion Battery), so you can capture approximately 1550 frames by charging it once. Besides, with T7 (LP-E10 x 1 Li-ion Battery), you can capture only 600 frames.
- Nikon D3500 has active D-lightning which will optimize high contrast images and make sure you get the shadow and highlight detailed images every time. But this feature is not available in T7.
- The autofocus of this camera is 11 points and T7 has 9 autofocus points. So, D3500 is going to help you to focus on a particular object better than the T7.
- The continuous shooting speed of D3500 is 5 frames per second whereas T7’s continuous shooting speed is 3 frames. D3500 will help to capture fast-moving objects like cars, birds more accurately than the T7.
- The image sensor size of the Nikon D3500 is 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm and T7’s image sensor size is 22.3mm x 14.9 mm. With a bigger image sensor size, D3500 will ensure better low-light performance and low noise images.
- This camera is a built-in microphone, which will make the video recording with sounds easier for you. But there are no microphones in T7.
- With this camera, you can transfer your files faster as this camera has a USB 3.0 interface. On the other hand, T7 has a USB 2.0 interface.
- Nikon D3500’s weight is 365 grams and Canon Rebel T7’s weight is 427grams. The lightweight D3500 will help you to capture stabilized photos.
Nikon D3500 would be a perfect camera for you since it has high-end features, so we suggest you pick this one.
Similar features of Canon Rebel T7 and Nikon D3500
- Nikon D3500 and Canon D3500 has CMOS image sensor. This sensor will provide you images with high resolution and sharpness.
- With these cameras, you can control the colors of the images automatically and manually.
- Both cameras can work in any challenging temperature like 0 to 40 °C and the humidity range is below 85%.
- They have a 3.0 LCD monitor fixed in the camera.
|Specifications||Canon Rebel T7||Nikon D3500|
|Editor’s rating||4.5 out 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Weight ( Body Only)||427 grams||365 grams|
|Dimension||5.08 x 3.99 x 3.06 inches||4.9 in. x 3.9 in. x 2.8 inches|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||3 Frames per second||5 Frames per Second|
|Effective pixels||24.10 megapixels||24.2 Megapixels|
|Total Pixels||24.70 megapixels||24.78 Megapixels|
|ISO Range||100-6400 ( Extend to 12800)||100-25600|
|AF points||9 points||11 Points|
|Image sensor Size||22.3mm x 14.9 mm||23.5 mm x 15.6 mm|
|Image processor||DIGIC 4 Plus||EXPEED 4|
|File Format||Raw and JPEG||12-bit NEF ( RAW), JPEG|
|Card Slot||1 SD||1 SD|
|White Balance||Auto and Manual||Auto and Manual|
|Video Recording||Full HD, HD, and SD||Full HD and HD|
|Movie Audio||No||Built-in Microphone|
|Monitor Size||3.0 inches||3.0 inches|
|Playback Function||5 Types||13 types|
|Interface||USB 2.0||USB 3.0|
|Wi-Fi and Bluetooth||Yes||Yes|
|Power ( Battery)||LP-E10 x 1 Li-ion Battery (Rechargeable)||EN-EL14a Li-ion Battery (Rechargeable)|
|Battery Life||600 Shots( Per Charge)||1,550 shots ( Per charge)|
|Operating Temperature||0–40 °C||0–40 °C|
|Humidity Range||85% or less||85% or less|
|Warranty Period||One Year Limited||One year Limited|
Similarities and differences of Canon Rebel T7 and Nikon D3500 camera
Image sensor and image processor
Both Canon Rebel T7 and Nikon D3500 have CMOS image sensors. But, D3500’s image sensor size is 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm and T7’s image sensor size is 22.3mm x 14.9 mm. With a Bigger sensor in D3500, you can capture amazing photos in low light and images will be sharper.
The image processors are called the brains of the camera. Nikon D3500’s image processor is EXPEED 4 and Canon Rebel T7 has DIGIC 4 Plus. Both processors are updated versions and ensure faster functions.
Weight, Dimension, and Operating Temperature
Weight and dimension play an important role to ensure stabilized photos and videos. The weight of Canon Rebel T7’s body is 427grams and its dimension is 5.08 x 3.99 x 3.06 inches. Besides, Nikon D3500’s body weight is 365 grams and its dimension is 4.9 in. x 3.9 in. x 2.8 in. As you can see, the D3500 has a lightweight and smaller dimension. So, you can easily hold the camera with your hands and you will get stabilized photos.
Both cameras can operate in different temperatures like 0 to 40 °C. You can take them to any country but you have to keep in mind that the temperature shouldn’t exceed 40 °C. Otherwise, the camera won’t operate as you prefer.
Effective Pixels and ISO
Effective pixels and ISO range are too important factors for your cameras, if you want good resolution, sharp images whether the light is high or low. Here, Canon Rebel T7 has 24.10 megapixels and its ISO range is 100-6400 plus you can extend the range to 12800. On the other hand, Nikon D3500’s ISO range is 100-25600 and it has 24.2 megapixels. You can see that D3500 has a better ISO range and effective pixels, so you will get better picture quality with this camera plus this camera has active D-lightening which will control the high contrast of the images.
You can record FULL HD, HD, and SD quality videos with Canon Rebel T7 and With Nikon D3500; you can record FULL HD and HD quality videos. But, you will get better video recording facility with D3500 as you can record Full HD (1920×1080) videos at 60fps/50fps/30fps/25fps/24fbs, and with T7 you can record Full HD (1920×1080) videos at 30fps/24fps . So, you can record any type of Full HD videos with the Nikon D3500 and this camera is built with a microphone which is not available in Canon Rebel T7.
Battery power and warranty policy
Canon Rebel T7 has LP-E10 x 1 Li-ion Battery and Nikon D3500 has EN-EL14a D Li-Ion Battery and both batteries are rechargeable. But D3500’s battery is more powerful than the T7 as you can capture 1550 frames with it and with T7, you can have only 600 shots.
Both cameras are ensured with one year of limited warranty. If you found any structural defect in these cameras then you can have the free repair service for one year. But, make sure, you have the buying receipt with you; otherwise, the Company won’t provide you free service.
Both cameras are popular in the market, but if you want extra features, then we suggest you get the Nikon D3500 camera. Otherwise, to save a couple of bucks, you can buy the T7, but you have to compromise all these amazing features available in D3500. But, keep in mind, every moment is precious and we suggest you capture all the precious moments in Nikon D3500.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon Rebel T7 and Nikon D3500
Can I capture fast-moving objects with Nikon D3500?
Yes, with D3500 you can capture fast-moving objects as this camera has the capacity to capture five frames per second.
Is it possible to take these cameras with me on a tour in such places with high temperatures?
Yes, you can take any of these cameras with you, but make sure the temperature of the place doesn’t exceed 40 °C.
What is Canon Rebel T7’s ISO range?
The ISO range of Canon Rebel T7 is 100-6400, but you can extend it to 12800 manually.
How many frames can I capture with a Nikon D3500?
This camera includes a rechargeable EN-EL14a Li-Ion Battery which is a very powerful battery. So, with this camera, you can capture approximately 1550 frames in a single charge.
Does D3500 have Wi-Fi compatibility?
Yes, this camera has Wi-Fi compatibility and you can upload files to clouds through a Wi-Fi connection.
Do you wanna read related comparisons? Check the below links –