Canon t6i and Canon t7 are both excellent DSLR cameras. But we recommend the Canon t6i rather than T7.
Why Do We Recommend the Canon T6i?
- Canon t6i has an extended ISO of 100-25600 that helps to shoot long exposure images better. While the Canon t7 comes with an ISO range of 100-12800.
- It has a touch screen feature that gives you easy control of the camera functions. But the T7 doesn’t provide a touch feature. Furthermore, this DSLR is built with an articulated LCD screen so that you can rotate the screen during the shooting. At the same time, the T7 LCD is fixed.
- It works with 5 fps during a continuous shot, and Canon t7 has 3 fps. Hence, the frame of the Canon t6i can provide you with better graphics.
- This DSLR camera comes with 10 focus points, while the Canon t7 has only 9 focus points. More focus points will make it easy to track and maintain the focus of the object to capture the best image.
- It has 1040k dots higher screen resolution, providing a sharp-clear picture and low-noise imaging in bright and low-light shooting situations. But Canon t7 has only 920k dots, which is not able to give a high-quality image.
- It has a stereo microphone port that provides a high-quality audio recording option. In contrast, the Canon t7 does not have any microphone port.
These mentioned points are the reason for recommending the Canon t6i over the Canont7. This device provides you with advanced features to satisfy you. So you can choose this DSLR camera.
- Both cameras have a 24mp-APS-C CMOS sensor which ensures impressive image quality.
- They have a 3inches display. The ideal screen size makes it easy to operate.
- They both can record Full HD videos, which provide more quality full video.
Canon T6i vs T7 Comparison Table
|Specification||Canon t6i||Canon t7|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.6 out of 5|
|Weight||1.22 pounds||1.07 pounds|
|Products dimension||5.2 x 3.07 x 3.98 inches||3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||5fps||3fps|
|Screen resolution||1040 dots||920 dots|
|Sensor||24 mp||24 mp|
|Battery life||440 shots||500 shots|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Features & Benefits of Canon t6i and t7
The size and weight are significant factors in choosing an ideal camera. This camera’s body weight is 1.22 pounds, and its dimension is 5.2 x 3.02 x 3.98 inches. On the other hand, Canon t7’s body weight is 1.07 pounds, and its dimension is 3.1 x 5.1 x 4 inches. Both cameras have almost the same size. A lighter weight is more comfortable to carry anywhere.
Both camera screen sizes are 3 inches. Canon t6i has 3 inches fully articulated display, and Canon t7 has 3 inches fully fixed type display. This camera screen can be flip-out easily, but the other does not have this feature. Canon t6i can operate by touch screen, but Canont7 does not have this function.
Both cameras provide a 24mp-APS-C CMOS sensor. This camera focal point is 19, and the Canon t7 focus point is 9. Both cameras have CMOS sensors. But only the Canon t7 has a BSI sensor, which captures a better quality image in poor lighting conditions and offers better images.
The lens is an essential part of any camera. Canon t6i and Canon t7 have the same EF/EF-S lens mount. There are 326 lenses available for both cameras. Sadly, none of these bodies have image stabilization features. You can buy an extra lens that provides an image stabilization feature.
Both cameras provide Full HD video mode. Canon t7 has phase detection autofocus, making the videos sharper and more detailed. Both cameras do not support the timelapse feature.
Continuous shooting speed
Canon t6i has a 5fps continuous shooting speed that can capture 5 images per second. On the other hand, the canon t7 has 3 fps, and it can take 3 pictures per second.
If you are an outdoor photographer, battery life is important. Between these cameras, the Canon t7 provides you with more battery life. It can take 500 shots at a single charge, and besides, Canon t6i can take 440 photos. Both cameras have battery level indicators. If the battery gets damaged, then you can remove it easily.
Canon t7 and t6i both can be connected with wifi. Your smartphone can operate these devices. They have an HDMI port, which is used to transfer video and audio to the display.
Both cameras come with a 1-year warranty. If the product gets damaged during this period, contract with the Canon helpline site. The Canon company does not cover shelf damage.
After reading all these discussions, you decided which camera is best for you. For higher ISO, focus point, screen resolution, and other advanced features made Canon t6i best. We strongly recommend you buy a Canon t6i. Otherwise, the canon t7 is also a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon t6i and t7
|Does this camera have a mic input?
Yes, this has a 3.5mm port for a microphone. To be clear, though, it does not have a headphone port.
Does this camera use AA or AAA batteries?
No, it comes with its own rechargeable batteries, but if you want to use AA batteries, you can purchase an angled grip that will allow you to use either two of the LP-E17 batteries and AA batteries.
Is there any internal memory on this camera?
No. I can’t think of any DSLR that does…Canon or otherwise. They all use memory cards.
Can you manually change the aperture?
Yes. All settings can be changed manually.
You may have an interest in –