Canon EOS T5i was released in June 2013 & T5 released in Feb 2014. Both Cameras are Amazing with some similarities & differences, but if you are looking for the best one with better photo & video quality, I would recommend the Canon T5i rather than T5.
Why do I recommend Canon EOS t5i?
- The light sensitivity of the Canon T5i is 100-12800 ISO but T5i is 100-6400. You will get 2 times better low-light & tough-light photography with Canon T5i than T5.
- It has 1040k dots higher resolution screen that helps to display more detailed visual information than the T5. Canon T5 has 460k dots screen resolution.
- Its continuous shooting speed is 5 fps, Which means it can take up to 5 pictures in a second whereas Canon T5 can take up to 3. To do that you just need to press & hold the shutter button. This feature gives you more options to select the best shoot from 5of them.
- It has a microphone port where you can attach a microphone & shoot video with crystal clear sound quality. On the other hand, Canon T5 doesn’t have any microphone port.
- You can use Canon T5i as a webcam instead of Laptops and other webcams to make a good impression when you are attending a meeting, but you can’t with Canon T5.
- Canon T5i has a touch screen display that helps to focus or zoom on any specific object by tapping on the screen. Canon T5 doesn’t have it.
- The Canon T5i’s flash coverage is 13.0m whereas D3500’s flash coverage is only 9.20m.
Maybe the Canon t5 price can make you comfortable because it’s little bit cheaper than t5i. But you have to compromise all the above-mentioned features. Now the decision is yours. I hope it was helpful to make the right decision.
Side by side comparison
|Specification||Canon EOS T5i||Canon EOS T5|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 Out of 5||4.5 Out of 5|
|Max Native Light sensitivity||100-12,800 ISO||100-6,400 ISO|
|Display Type||Fully Articulated||Fixed type|
|Display Resolution||1,040k dots||460k dots|
|Flash Range||13.00 m||9.20 m (at ISO 100)|
|Continuous Shooting||5.0 fps||3.0 fps|
|Video Formats||H.264, Motion JPEG||H.264|
|Wireless Connectivity||Eye-Fi Connected||None|
|Price||Check T5i price||Check T5 price|
Common things that both DSLR can do…
- Canon T5i & T5 have Face Detection Focus that locks on the face and tracks the subject while they are moving. It’s very helpful while you are making vlogs or any other kind of Videos.
- Canon T5 & T5i has 18 megapixels APS-C sensor, A better megapixel camera helps to capture images and videos in higher Resolution with more details.
- Canon T5i & T5 has a Live view() option, This option allows you to shoot while viewing a real-time image.
- Thy have 9 focus points, which helps to focus on 9 objects at the same time.
- AE Bracketing is available in Canon T5i & T5 which helps to shoot equally in tough lighting conditions or shadow areas.
- Canon T5i & T5 can record (1920 x 1080) Video at 60 FPS, which helps to record fast-moving objects without getting blurred.
- The shutter speed of both DSLR is 1/4000s which helps to capture super-fast moving objects without getting blurred Like racing cars or bikes.
If you are okay with the above-explained feature then you can get any one of these, but if you are looking for advanced features and the best one Between Canon T5i & T5 you must pick the Canon T5i.
|Specification||Canon EOS T5i||Canon EOS T5|
|Sensor Dimensions||22.3 x 14.9 mm||22.3 x 14.9 mm|
|Sensor Megapixels||18 megapixels||18 megapixels|
|Max Sensor Resolution||5184 x 3456||5184 x 3456|
|AF Multi Area||Yes||Yes|
|AF Live View||Yes||Yes|
|AF Face Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Contrast Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Phase Detection||Yes||Yes|
|Number of Focus Points||9||9|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF/EF-S||Canon EF/EF-S|
|Number of Available Lenses||333||333|
|Max Mechanical Shutter||1/4000s||1/4000s|
|Manual Exposure Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Custom White Balance||Yes||Yes|
|Max Flash Sync||1/200s||1/200s|
|Center Weighted Metering||Yes||Yes|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080|
|Price||Check t5i price||Check T5 price|
Frequently asked question about Canon T5i VS T5..
|1. Is rebel T5i still good?
The Canon t5i is still worth buying. Its provides the best features in that price range on marketplace. The Canon T5i is loaded with 18 MP sensor, the Digic 5 processor, a Vari-angle LCD touchscreen, full HD 1080 video, and the hybrid autofocusing system.
2.Is a Canon EOS Rebel T5i a good camera for photography?
The Canon Rebel T5i (or Canon 700D in Europe) is a good beginner-friendly DSLR that released in 2013. Though its an old device but It’s a great camera which is absolutely packed with some great and mandatory features for beginners, and its price has never been fall down.
3.Does the Canon T5i shoot 1080p?
The EOS Rebel T5i has a 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 image processor, which can shoot full HD 1080p video recording in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps.
4.Can Canon Rebel T5 shoot 4k?
Comparing the video quality, the t5 can shoot good 1080 resolution video, but does not have the power to process 4k video.
5.Is Canon T5 same as 1200D?
The Canon EOS T5 is also known as the EOS 1200D, is one of the most affordable DSLR camera for the starter photographer.