If you cannot decide which DSLR to choose between the Canon R5 and Sony a7riv, I recommend you go with the Canon R5. Check the below section to know why I recommend this.
The reason for my recommendation-
- The Canon R5 DSLR camera has 1053 focus points, while the Sony a7riv has only 567 focus points. So, you can properly focus on certain subjects in your photograph plus it provides you quick operation while autofocusing.
- It works fast with 20 fps during a continuous shot, and the Sony a7riv works slowly while taking the same images at 10 fps. The frame of Canon r5 will provide you with better graphics.
- The Canon r5 has a large 36 x 24 mm sensor so it can capture high-quality images with more details. On the contrary, its competitor gives 35.7 x 23.8mm that cannot capture images like Canon r5.
- Canon r5 can record high-resolution 8k video while Sony a7riv can shoot only 4k quality video.
- It has 2100k dots higher screen resolution, providing a sharp-clear picture and low-noise imaging in both bright and low-light shooting situations. But Sony a7riv has only 1440k dots which is not able to give a high-quality image.
These upgraded features are the main reason for my recommendation. If you want an ideal camera for yourself, then go for this camera.
- Both cameras have an image stabilization feature that reduces shakes to capture sharper images.
- They have a weather-sealed feature, which protects the device from the weather.
- Their screen can be flip-out. This feature is helpful for capturing tricky shots.
- They have a serial shot mode; you can capture multiple photos serially in a row with this feature.
- Both cameras have a timelapse function which shows a long passage of time sped up.
|Specification||Canon r5||Sony a7riv|
|Editors Rating||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Product dimension||9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches||3.08 x 3.05 x 5.07 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||20fps||10fps|
|Sensor size||36 x 24 mm||35.7 x 23.8mm|
|Screen size||3.2 inches||3 inches|
|Screen resolution||2100k dots||1440k dots|
|Water resistance and dustproof||Yes||No|
|Dual card slot||Yes||Yes|
|Remote control feature||Yes||No|
|Battery life||320 shots||670 shots|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and DIfferences between Canon r5 VS sony a7r iv
Canon r5 has a 45mp-APS-C CMOS sensor and features with DIGIC X processor, while Sony a7r iv has a 61mp-APS-C CMOS sensor and features with bronze X processor. Max sensor size captures images like a pro. This camera has 1053 focus points, and the Sony a7r iv has 567 four points. The more focus point makes the image quality more detailed.
The number of lenses is also crucial for any camera. There are 146 lenses available for Sony a7r iv. On the other hand, there are only 22 lenses available for Canon r5.In this section, the Sony a7r iv is one step ahead of Canon r5. Another important feature is image stabilization. Both cameras have a sensor-based image stabilization feature that means both can capture stabilized images.
In this section, the Sony a7r iv gives longer battery life than the Canon r5. Sony a7r iv can take 670 shots, and Canon r5 can take 320 photos. If you are a professional photographer, then the Sony a7r is a better option for you because of its battery life. Both cameras have a battery level indicator. And you replace the battery if the battery gets damaged.
There is a big difference in this section.Canon r5 video resolution is 8k-8192p x 4320p.On the other hand, the Sony a7r iv video resolution is 4k-3840p x 2160p. The maximum video resolution provides the video footage more quality. These cameras have phase detection autofocus that captures the video footage like a pro. They also have a timelapse feature that shows the long passage of time sped up. Both cameras have dual card slots, so; you can add an extra memory card to your device.
Continuous shooting speed
This camera’s continuous shooting speed is 20fps, capturing 20 images per second. On the other hand, Sony a7r iv‘s continuous shooting speed is 10fps, it can capture 10 images per second. This feature is mainly helpful for catching action shots.
Sony a7r iv is smaller than Canon r5. Its design is more comfortable for holding in your hand. It’s 2mm shorter and 10mm thinner than Canon r5. This camera body weight is 738g, and the dimension is 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches. Sony a7r iv weight is 665g, and dimension is 3.08 x 3.05 x 5.07 inches. Weight is essential for beginner photographers. Sony a7r iv is lighter than Canonr5. So, this camera is perfect for beginner photographers.
A bigger display is more enjoyable for the user. Canon r5 display size is 3.2 inches, and Sony a7r iv display size is 3 inches. This display can be flip-out easily, and it helps full for tricky shots. You also can control these devices via the touch screen feature.
Canon r5 and Sony a7r iv both cameras have weather-sealed options in their body. Canon r5 also has water resistance and dustproof features. The water-resistance device resists the water but is not being submerged in the water.
Both are fantastic cameras. But I recommend Canon r5 because of better video resolution, higher focus point, fastest continuous shooting speed, etc. This uniqueness makes Canon r5 the best camera. Otherwise, the Sony a7r is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about canon r5 and Sony a7r iv.
Is Sony made in Japan, like Canon?
Sony a7r is manufactured in Thailand.
Does it shoot 4k at 60 fps?
Yes, it is.
Does the Sony a7r iv have a dedicated panorama function?
No, it does not have a panorama function.
Does this come with a memory card?
No, it’s not. You have to buy a memory card separately.
Check other articles from the below links –