EOS R and EOS RP are two great mirrorless cameras from Canon. If you are looking for the best one, we recommend you to get a Canon EOS R camera as its features are ultra-modern. Let us explain the features below:
Why We Recommend to Choose Canon EOS R?
- Canon EOS R has a 30.3 Megapixels CMOS sensor, whereas EOS RP has 26.2 Megapixels. So, with a bigger image sensor, EOS R produces better resolution images and videos than the other one.
- This camera has OLED Color EVF with 0.76x magnification and 23mm eyepoint. Another side, EOS RP’s OLED Color EVF comes with 0.70x magnification and 22mm eyepoint. Hence, Canon EOS R provides a better view of the image with accurate details before capturing it.
- Canon EOS R has 5655 Autofocus points, whereas EOS RP has 4779 points. Therefore, you will have a better opportunity to focus on any particular object than the other camera with EOS R.
- This device’s drive speed is 8 frames per second, and EOS RP‘s speed is 5 frames per second. So. if you want to capture fast-moving objects, EOS R provides you better facilities than EOS RP.
- Canon EOS R has 3.15 inches LCD monitor with 2.10 Million dots, whereas EOS RP’s Screen size is 3.0 inches with 1.04 Million dots. Thus, EOS R’s screen shows captured images with better details than EOS RP’s.
- Canon R has powerful battery than EOS RP. Therefore, you can capture 370 frames with EOS R and 250 shots with EOS RP.
- USB 3.1 terminal in EOS R ensures superfast transfer of files. But EOS RP’s USB 2.0 terminal is slower than EOS R’s terminal.
Canon EOS R has unique and ultra-modern features, which make it a perfect choice for you. Otherwise, you can choose EOS RP, but you won’t get the impressive features of the EOS R camera.
Similar Features of Canon EOS R and Canon EOS RP:
- Both cameras have image stabilization features, which enable you to capture more stabilized shots by reducing blurriness.
- DIGIC 8 image processors in these devices make sure fast processing and high-quality shots.
- Their normal ISO range is 100-40000, and this range can be expanded to 102400. Hence, with this ISO range, you can capture photos in any lighting situation.
- They have a limited warranty for a year.
Canon R vs RP Quick Comparison
|Specifications||Canon EOS R||Canon EOS RP|
|Editor’s ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Weight ( Including SD card and battery)||660 Grams||485 Grams|
|Dimension||135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4mm||132.5 x 85.0 x 70.0 mm|
|Image sensor||CMOS Sensor||CMOS Sensor|
|Effective Pixels||30.3 Megapixels||26.2 Megapixels|
|Total Pixels||31.7 Megapixels||27.1 Megapixels|
|Image Format||36.0 x 24.0mm (Approx.)||35.9 x 24.0mm (Approx.)|
|Image Processor||DIGIC 8||DIGIC 8|
|Dust Deletion feature||Yes||Yes|
|File Format||RAW, JPEG and C-Raw||RAW, JPEG and C-Raw|
|White Balance Settings||9||9|
|Viewfinder Type||OLED color electronic viewfinder||OLED color electronic viewfinder|
|Eye Point||23mm ( Approximately)||22mm ( Approximately)|
|Auto Focus type||Dual Pixel CMOS AF||Dual Pixel CMOS AF|
|Auto Focus Points||5,655 ( Maximum)||4,779 ( Maximum)|
|ISO range (Normal)||100-40000||100-40000|
|Expanded ISO range||102400||102400|
|Shutter Speed||1/8000 to 30 second||1/4000 to 30 second|
|Drive Speed||8 frames per second||5 frames per second|
|Video recording||4K UHD, Full HD and HD||4K UHD, Full HD and HD|
|LCD Monitor||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|LCD’s pixel||2.10 Million dots||1.04 Million dots|
|USB terminal||USB 3.1||USB 2.0|
|Extension System Terminal||3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack||3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack|
|Power for still images||370 Frames||250 frames|
|Working Humidity range||85% or less||85% or less|
|Warranty||Limited warranty for one year||Limited warranty for one year|
Features & Benefits of Canon EOS R and RP
Weight and Size
The Weight of the Canon EOS R camera is 660 grams, and its size is 135.8 x 98.3 x 84.4mm. On the other hand, EOS RP weighs 485 grams, and its dimension is 132.5 x 85.0 x 70.0 mm. Here, Canon R is a little heavier and more extensive than RP camera, but this device’s perfect grip provides you a comfortable experience.
The Canon EOS R has a 30.3 Megapixel CMOS image sensor, whereas RP has only 26.2 Megapixels. Besides, the image format of EOS R is 36.0 x 24.0mm (Approx.), and EOS R’s image format is 35.9 x 24.0mm (Approx.). Therefore, with a bigger image sensor and design, Canon EOS R will provide you better quality images with higher resolutions.
Image Processor and ISO range
Both cameras have a DIGIC8 image processor, and the ISO range usually is 100-40000 plus; you can manually expand the ISO range to 102400. Here, DIGIC 8 processor makes sure the fast operation of the cameras by ensuring faster focusing and sharp photos. Besides, the higher ISO range makes sure detailed shots even in low light conditions.
Viewfinder and Autofocus
Canon EOS R and EOS RP have an OLED color electronic viewfinder, but the differences come in EVF magnification and eye point. Canon EOS R has 0.76x viewfinder magnification and 23mm eyepoint. Another side, EOS RP comes with 0.70x EVF magnifications and 22mm eyepoint. Therefore, you can see that EOS R has better EVF than EOS RP. Again, this camera has a Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus with 5655 points, whereas EOS RP only has the same autofocus but 4779 points. Hence, with EOS R, you can focus on any particular object better than the EOS RP.
Video recording and Continuous shooting rate
Both cameras can record 4K resolution videos, but with EOS R, you can record 4K resolution at 30 fps, whereas the EOS RP’s 4K resolution video rate is 25fps. So, EOS R provides you better resolution and quality videos than the other one. Besides, EOS R offers you a better opportunity to capture fast-moving objects as its continuous shooting speed rate is eight frames per second, whereas RP’s speed rate is only five fps.
Here Canon EOS R has 3.15 inches TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with 2.10 Million dots. Another side, EOS RP comes with 3.0 inches liquid-crystal monitor (TFT color), and the LCD has 1.04 million dots. Hence, EOS R has a large screen with higher resolution, ensuring a perfect preview of Images and videos. Furthermore, both LCD monitors have Vari-angle features, as you can capture images at any desired angle.
Battery and Warranty Policy
Canon EOS R has an LP-E6N rechargeable battery, and you can capture 370 shots by charging the battery once. On the other hand, Canon EOS RP has an LP-E17 battery, and you can capture only 250 frames with it. Therefore, you can see that EOS R has a powerful battery than the EOS RP camera. Furthermore, both cameras have a limited warranty for one year, and you can have the free service if the camera has any manufacturer defect.
Both Canon EOS R and EOS RP are top-rated cameras in the market. Still, when you seek the best one from them, we highly recommend getting a Canon EOS R camera as it has professional and unique features.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon EOS R and Canon EOS RP
|How many frames can I capture with EOS R Camera?
This camera has a powerful LP-E6N rechargeable battery as you can capture more than 370 shots.
Between R and RP, which one will be the best for capturing fast-moving objects?
Canon EOS R will be the best one, as this camera’s drive speed is eight fps, whereas RP’s drive speed is 5fps.
Can I expand the ISO range of these cameras?
Yes, both cameras’ ISO range can be expanded to 102400.
What is the USB terminal of the Canon EOS R camera?
Canon EOS R has a USB 3.1 terminal, which makes a sure faster transfer of files.
What is the Screen Size of the R camera?
This camera has 3.15 inches LCD screen with 2.10 Million dots that provide a fantastic preview of the images and videos.
You can have a look at some other camera comparisons below: