Canon M50 vs T7i – Know the Differences and Get the Best One!
Between Canon EOS M50 and Canon EOS Rebel T7i, you can go for the EOS M50 DSLR camera as this camera has the updated features which are not available in the T7i. Let’s find out these features below:
Why did we recommend the Canon EOS M50 DSLR camera?
- The continuous shooting speed of M50 is ten frames per second, and T7i’s continuous shooting speed is only six frames per second. So, with M50, you can capture fast-moving objects better than the other one.
- You can extend the ISO range of M50 to 51200. So, you can capture low noise and sharp images even in low light. But you can’t raise the ISO range of T7i.
- Canon EOS M50 camera can record 4K UHD resolution videos. But with T7i, you can record maximum Full HD resolution videos.
- With M50, you can manually adjust the temperature of the image from 2500K to 10000K. But you can’t control the color temperature manually with the T7i.
- This camera is formed with an updated image processor DIGIC 8, with an improved auto lighting optimizer. But, T7i has a DIGIC 7 image processor, which is the older version of DIGIC8.
- M50 has 143 autofocus points, and T7i has 45 autofocus points. So, with M50, you will get greater freedom while focusing on any particular object.
- With this camera, you can customize the self-timer to reduce the camera’s shake. But you can’t customize the self-timer in the T7i camera.
- Canon EOS M50 has 29 interphase languages, and T7i has 25 interphase languages.
- The bodyweight of Canon EOS M50 is 351 grams, and T7i’s weight is 485 grams. So M50’s lightweight will help you capture stabilized photos, and you won’t feel uncomfortable while capturing pictures.
So, you can see that Canon EOS M50 has better video resolution capacity, manual temperature adjustment feature, higher autofocus points, and is lightweight. These features make the M50 better than the Canon EOS Rebel T7i.
Features of Canon EOS Rebel T7i that you can consider
- T7i has 24.2 Megapixels, and M50 has 24.1 megapixels. So, the T7i has a slightly bigger sensor than the other one.
- You will find an optical viewfinder in this camera, providing better clarity and range than the Electronic Color viewfinder that appears in M50.
- This camera has fifteen (15) custom functions with 44 settings, and M50 has a custom function with five (5) settings. So, T7i provides you with more freedom to customize your camera according to your purposes.
- T7i has a powerful battery compared to the M50. As you can capture 600 shots with T7i and with EOS M50, you can capture only 235 shots. Again, you can recharge the battery of T7i with an AC power source.
If you choose Canon EOS Rebel T7i, you will get the facilities mentioned above. But, you have to compromise other updated features available in the Canon EOS M50. So now, Choose the camera according to your preferences.
Similar features of Canon EOS Rebel T7i and EOS M50
- They have a 3.0 inches liquid-crystal monitor with a TFT color, and you can adjust the LCD monitor at different angles.
- These cameras have a 5-Axis image stabilization feature, which will ensure sharp images every time.
- You can use the UHS-1 Memory Card with these cameras and transfer your files faster.
- They have a 3.5mm diameter stereo mini-jack so that you can record audio without any noise.
- Both cameras are capable of working in challenging temperatures (32-104°F).
- You can directly print the images from the camera by using PictBridge-compatible printers.
Canon M50 vs T7i Comparison Table
|Specifications||Canon EOS Rebel T7i||Canon EOS M50|
|Editor’s ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Weight ( Body Only)||485 grams||351 grams|
|Weight ( SD card and Battery included)||532 grams||387 grams|
|Dimension||131.0 x 99.9 x 76.2mm||116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm|
|Video Recording||Full HD, HD, and SD||4K UHD, Full HD, and HD|
|Extended ISO range||No||51200|
|Image Processor||DIGIC7||DIGIC 8|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||6.0 fps||10.0 fps|
|Image Size||22.3 x 14.9mm||22.3 x 14.9mm|
|Image Sensor Type||Canon CMOS Sensor||Canon CMOS Sensor|
|Effective Pixels||24.2 Megapixels||24.1 Megapixels|
|Total Pixels||25.8 Megapixels||25.8 Megapixels|
|Recording Format||EXIF 2.3 (DCF2.0)||EXIF 2.31 (DCF2.0)|
|Image Format||RAW and JPEG||RAW and JPEG|
|Color Temperature||Not Adjustable||Adjustable|
|Auto Focus||Dual Pixel CMOS AF||Dual Pixel CMOS AF|
|Auto Focus Points||45 Points||143 Points|
|Shutter Speed||1/4000 sec. to 30 sec||1/4000 sec. to 30 sec|
|Self-Timer||2 Sec delay, 10 Second delay||2/10 sec delay or Custom|
|Compatible lenses||Canon EF-S lenses||Canon EF-M lenses|
|UHS-1 Memory Card||Compatible||Compatible|
|LCD Monitor||TFT color liquid-crystal monitor||TFT color liquid-crystal monitor|
|Monitor Size||3.0 Inches ( Ratio 3:2)||3.0 Inches ( Ratio 3:2)|
|Direct Printing||PictBridge-compatible printers||PictBridge-compatible printers|
|Custom settings||44 settings||5 Settings|
|Extension System Terminal||3.5mm diameter stereo mini-jack||3.5mm diameter stereo mini-jack|
|Image Capture||600 Shots||235 Shots|
|Humidity range||85% or less||85% or less|
|Warranty Policy||One Year ( Limited)||One Year (limited)|
Features & Benefits of Canon EOS Rebel T7i and EOS M50
Image Sensor and ISO range
The EOS M50 camera has a 24.1 Megapixels (APS-C) sensor, and EOS Rebel T7i has 24.2 Megapixels (APS-C). Both cameras have a total of 25.8 Megapixels. So, both cameras are capable of capturing high-resolution photos as well as detailed images. Besides, the ISO range of these cameras is 100-25600. But, you can extend the ISO range of M50 to 51200. So, it will be easier for you to capture photos in low light, plus your captured images will come with low noise and great details.
However, you can customize the color temperature of the pictures with an M50 camera. Again, the continuous shooting speed of M50 is ten frames per second, and T7i’s continuous shooting speed is only six frames per second. So, with the M50, you can capture moving objects more easily than the other one.
Image processor and Auto Focus
Canon T7i has DIGIC 7, and M50 has the updated version of the DIGIC 8 image processor feature. The updated image processor comes with better performance than the previous one. This processor optimizes digital lenses and develops image quality by reducing noise. Moreover, this processor makes sure your camera can instantly focus, detecting the eye of the object.
Besides, M50 has 143 autofocus points, and T7i has only 45 autofocus points. So, M50 will provide you the best opportunity to focus on any particular object for your photography rather than the T7i.
You can record Full HD, HD, and SD quality videos with the T7i, but you can’t record 4K resolution videos. Besides, with EOS M50, you can record 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution videos plus Full HD and HD Videos. With T7i, you can record Full HD videos at a 60 fps rate, but with M50, you can record Full HD videos at a 120fps rate.
Besides, M50 allows you to capture 4K resolution cinematic videos in slow motion, but you won’t be able to capture it with the other one. Both cameras have a 5-axis IS feature, which will help you to record sharp videos and images.
Both Canon T7i and M50 have 3.0 inches LCD monitors (TFT Color liquid crystal monitors). The camera’s aspect ratio is 3:2, and you can use your fingers to use it, as the screen has touch compatibility. The LCD monitor of these cameras is Vari-angle, so you can adjust the monitor as you prefer, and this feature will help you while capturing high and low-angle frames. Furthermore, M50 has 29 interphase languages, and T7i has 25 interphase languages.
Power supply and warranty policy
Canon EOS Rebel T7i has an LP-E17 Li-ion rechargeable battery, and Canon EOS M50 has an LP-E12 Li-ion rechargeable battery. You can capture 600 frames with T7i and 235 frames with M50. But, for the image processor and sensor, the images with M50 will have better quality than the T7i.
These cameras have a one-year limited warranty. You have to show the buying receipt; if you damage the camera by using it roughly, the company won’t give you the service (free of cost).
Weight and Dimension
The Bodyweight of the Canon EOS Rebel T7i is 485 grams, and if you include an SD card and battery, the weight will be 532 grams. On the other hand, the Canon EOS M50’s body weight is 351 grams; after including the SD card and battery, the weight will be 387 grams.
So, the M50 is lighter than the T7i. Again, T7i’s dimension is 131.0 x 99.9 x 76.2mm and M50’s dimension is 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm. Here, Canon EOS M50 has a smaller dimension and is lightweight, which will help you hold the camera tightly and capture photos without shaking. Plus you won’t feel any discomfort with it.
We have discussed all the main features of Canon EOS Rebel T7i and Canon EOS M50. But, M50 has all the updated features, which will give you a unique photographic experience. Hence, we recommend you; go for the Canon EOS M50.
Frequently asked questions about Canon EOS Rebel T7i and Canon EOS M50
Is it possible to extend the ISO range of Canon T7i?
No, the ISO range of T7i is 100-25600. But, with M50, you can extend the range to 51200.
What is the dimension of the Canon M50?
The dimension of this camera is 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm.
DIGIC7 or DIGIC8? Which one is a better processor?
DIGIC 8 is the updated version of DIGIC 7, plus this sensor provides fast processing and increases image quality. So, DIGIC 8 would be the better one.
What is the Image format of Canon M50?
You will get those images in Raw or JPEG files, and you can directly print them with PictBridge-compatible printers.
Can I customize the color temperature with the Canon T7i?
No, but if you use M50, then you can customize the color temperature of the images.
You may have an interest in –