Between Canon M50 and Sony a7iii, we have found some updated features in Sony a7iii camera. Therefore, we recommend you Sony a7iii camera for both professional and personal use.
Why We Recommend Sony a7III?
- Sony a7iii’s ISO sensitivity range for still image is 100-51200, and you can extend the range to 50-204800. Another side, the Canon EOS m50 comes with a 100-6400 ISO, and you can expand it to 51200 only. Thus, Sony a7III provides you the best opportunity to click sharp images in any lighting situation, especially in low light with a better ISO.
- This device comes with a fast hybrid AF with 693 points, whereas Canon m50 has Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 143 points. Hence, with an a7III camera, you can focus more accurately to capture sharp and stabilized photos or videos.
- The a7iii has an XGA OLED 0.5-type screen-sized electronic viewfinder that provides an incredibly detailed view of the subject than the 0.39 type screen size EVF of Canon M50.
- This camera contains two card slots and supports UHS-I and UHS-II memory cards. On the other hand, Canon M50 has only one card slot, and it isn’t compatible with UHS-II memory cards. So, with Sony a7iii, you won’t need to worry about storage, plus you can transfer your files faster than the other one.
- With Sony a7iii camera, you can capture up to 610 frames, whereas you can shoot only 235 photos with the M50. Therefore, the Sony a7iii has a more powerful battery than the M50 camera.
Canon M50 and Sony a7iii are top-rated cameras. Still, when you want the best one, we will point at the Sony a7iii as this camera has better ISO sensitivity, AF points, ample space for your files, an updated XGA OLED viewfinder, and lastly, a powerful battery. Otherwise, you can get a Canon M50 camera if you have a budget problem.
- These devices have 5-axis image stabilization that helps you get stabilized photos by reducing the shaking of the cameras.
- The Continuous shooting speed of these cameras is 10 frames per second; therefore, you can get a perfect shot of any fast-moving object.
- They have 24 Megapixels CMOS sensor; hence they can produce stunning photos with high resolutions.
- You will get a limited one-year warranty with them as you can get free repair service from the Companies.
Canon M50 vs Sony a7III Quick Comparison
|Specification||Canon M50||Sony a7iii|
|Editor’s Ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|ISO range ( Auto)||100-6400||100-51200|
|Expandable ISO range (Max.)||51200||50-204800|
|Auto-Focus Type||Dual Pixel CMOS AF||Fast Hybrid AF|
|Auto-Focus points||143 points||693 points|
|Viewfinder Type||0.39-type Screen Size||0.5-type screen size, XGA OLED|
|Battery life for still images||235 photos||610 photos|
|Battery life for video recording||85 minutes||115 minutes|
|Image Sensor||CMOS||Exmor R CMOS|
|Continuous Drive Speed||10.0 FPS||10.0 FPS|
|LCD monitor||3.0-type TFT ( Vari-angle)||3.0-type TFT ( Tilting)|
|Warranty policy||Limited one-year||Limited One-year|
Features & Benefits of Sony a7III vs Canon EOS M50
Weight and Size
Including battery and memory card Sony a7iii weighs approximately 650 grams, and its size is 126.9mm x 95.6mm x 73.7mm. Another side, the Canon EOS M50 camera weighs 387 grams (including battery and memory card), and it comes with a 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm dimension. Although a7iii has a more prominent size and weight, it provides you a comfortable handgrip for long-term use.
Image Sensor and ISO
Sony a7iii comes with 24.2 Megapixels Exmor R CMOS image sensor, and Canon EOS M50 has a 24.1 Megapixels CMOS image sensor. Therefore, both cameras are capable of producing high-resolution photos and videos.
But, again, Sony a7iii’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200, and this range can be increased to 50-204800 whereas m50 comes with 100-6400 ISO range, plus you can expand this range to 51200. So, you can see that the Sony a7iii has a better ISO range than the m50, which will help you capture images and record videos in any lighting situation.
Image Processor, Image Stabilization, and Continuous shooting speed range
Sony Company used BIONZ X image processor in the a7iii camera, and Canon M50 comes with DIGIC 8 image-processing engine. Both processors are best for fast operation and maintain the color combination for realistic photos and videos. Again, in-body 5-axis image stabilization reduces blurriness and ensures sharpness.
Besides, you have to consider the Continuous shooting speed rate of any camera as it will help you take photos of any fast-moving objects. Here, both devices come with 10 fps continuous drive speed, which is perfect for you. Moreover, they are capable of recording clear and natural 4K resolution videos with a cinematic look.
LCD monitor and Electronic Viewfinder
Sony a7iii camera has 3 inches tilting LCD monitor (TFT) with 0.921 million dots, whereas Canon M50 comes with 3.0 inches Vari-angle monitor with 1.04 Million dots. Here, Canon M50’s LCD has better resolution than the a7iii camera.
Again, Sony a7iii has an XGA OLED (0.5-type) electronic viewfinder, which provides more details of the subject than the Canon EOS M50 camera that comes with 0.39-type EVF.
Now, you can see that the Sony a7iii has more upgraded and unique features than the Canon EOS M50 camera. Therefore, we strongly recommend this mirrorless camera, and trust us; you aren’t going to regret it. But, if it doesn’t fit your budget, you can go for the Canon EOS M50 camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sony a7iii and Canon EOS M50
|Can I use two memory cards in Canon M50 camera? Does it support the UHS-ii card?
No, this camera has only one card slot, plus it doesn’t support UHS-II cards.
Between a7iii and m50, which one has a more powerful battery?
Between these two, the Sony a7iii has a more powerful battery as you can click 610photos and record 115 minutes’ videos with it. Another side, with m50, you will get only 235 frames and 85 minutes of recording videos.
Can I use Sony a7iii camera for low-light photo shoots?
Yes, this camera is perfect for any lighting situation as the auto ISO range is 100-51200, plus you can increase this range to 50-204800. Therefore, you can take sharp photos with stunning details with this device.
Does Sony a7iii’s display have a touch panel?
Yes, this camera has a touch panel, and it enables you to focus on any object by touching the screen.
You can also check some other camera comparisons below: