Canon M50 and Sony A6400 both are famous DSLR cameras. But we recommend you pick the Sony a6400.
Why Do We Recommend the Sony A6400?
- Sony a6400 has 425 focus points while its competitor has 143 focus points. The maximum focus point gives the image sensor a better quality for identifying the right area of the footage.
- The number of megapixels mainly determines the resolution of image quality. This camera has 24.2 megapixels, while another one has 24 megapixels. Sony a6400 gives 0.86% more megapixels than Canon m50. The higher megapixel means the camera is capable of capturing images with more details.
- This camera provides you 102400 ISO; another one offers a 51200 ISO. Sony a6400 gave higher ISO ranges. The higher ISO absorbs the more light. Its also used for capturing moving objects by using a fast shutter speed.
- This device gives you more battery life than the Canon m50. Sony a6400 can take 410 shots, and another one can take 235 photos with one single charge. You can capture more images with Sony a6400.
- This camera comes with a 10.33% larger sensor. the Sony a6400 has 23.5 x 15.6mm sensors, whereas the Canon M50 has 22.3 x 14.9mm. A larger sensor gives you better-quality images.
These incredible features made the Sony A6400 the best camera rather than its competitor. So we highly suggest you go with this DSLR device.
- They have an exact sensor resolution of 24 megapixels. The better sensor captures yield better image quality.
- Both are built-in wireless devices. You can transfer a file, photos quickly.
- Their screen can be flip-out easily. It helps take tricky shots.
- Canon m50 and Sony a6400 screen sizes are 3 inches. A bigger screen gives the user better experiences.
- They have a touch screen feature. It helps operate the device.
- Both have phase-detection autofocus for photos and videos so that you can capture quality images or videos.
|Specification||Canon m50||Sony a6400|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Weight||13.1 ounces||1.7 pounds|
|Product Dimension||2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches||6.2 x 9.2 x 4.55 inches|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Battery life||410 shoots||235 shoots|
|Continuous shooting speed||10 fps||11 fps|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences Between Canon m50 VS Sony a6400
Weight and size main factors if you are searching for an ideal camera for yourself. Canon m50 is lighter than Sony a6400. A lighter device is more comfortable to carry anywhere.Canon m50 dimension is 2.3 x 4.6 x 3.5 inches and Sony a6400 dimension is 6.2 x 9.2 x 4.55 inches.For the lightweight, you will be able to use this camera more easily.
Canon m50 and Sony a6400 come with a 24-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor. Sony a6400 has a 1.1 x larger sensor area than Canon m50. A larger sensor area gives the photographer more control over the depth of field. So in this section, Sony a6400 win.
The number of lenses is also crucial for any camera. There are 146 lenses for the Sony a6400 Sony E mount. Besides, there are 23 lenses for the Canon m50 Canon EF-M lens mount. Canon m50 has an image stabilization feature, whereas the Sony a6400 does not have this feature. If you want, then you can buy extra lenses for image stabilization. In this section, for many lenses, the Sony a6400 is the best choice for the camera.
Both device screen display size is 3 inches. Sony a6400 comes with a tilting screen, and the Canon m50 comes with a fully articulated screen. You can flip out these camera screens easily. You can control your device with a touchscreen. Both cameras also give you 95% viewfinder coverage. With this feature, you can compose the images correctly whenever you capture the images.
The Sony a6400 gives you extra battery life, the Canon m50. This camera takes 410 shots while the Canon m50 takes 235 shots. Both DSRL cameras have battery level indicators. If the battery gets damaged, then the battery can be removable, and it is a rechargeable battery. For all-day photography, the Sony a6400 gives you the best service.
Both cameras support wifi connection. Canon m50 has a remote control feature. It allows you to control the device remotely. On the other hand, the Sony a6400 does not have this feature. These devices have an external memory slot. You can use a separate memory card. Unfortunately, both devices do not have a dual memory card slot.
In the box
With Canon m50-
- Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 15-45mm Lens (Black)
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens (Graphite)
- Canon LP-E12 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 875mAh)
- Canon Battery Charger LC-E12 for Battery Pack LP-E12.
- Canon R-F-4 Camera Cover (Body Cap) for EOS M Mirrorless Camera.
With Sony a6400-
- Sony a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Black)
- Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens (Black)
- Lens Cap.
- Sony NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1020mAh)
- Eye Piece.
- AC Adapter AC-UB10.
- Micro-USB Cable.
- Neck Strap.
Durability and Warranty
These cameras are made with some strong materials so you can use them for as long a time as you can. You can have a 1-year warranty on both cameras. The warranty started after the date of product purchasing. If you face any problem, then contact the company site.
After all of this discussion, I guess you are no more confused about which one is best. Both cameras have some unique spaces that make them best. I suggest you choose the Sony a6400. Otherwise, the Canon m50 is also a good choice. Think before investing.
Frequently questions were asked about Canon m50 and Sony a6400.
Can we use the lens Sony a6300 in Sony a6400?
Yes, all lenses compatible with Sony a6300 should be compatible with Sony a6400.
Is this camera weather sealed?
No, it’s just weather resistance meaning it’s only dust and moisture resistance.
Can the screen flip out?
If you watch the video for this product, you’ll see how the screen flips up at about 1:20 into the video.
Check out related articles here –
- Canon M50 vs Sony A6000
- Canon Rebel T6 vs T7
- Canon SL3 vs T7i
- Canon 5DS R vs 5D Mark IV
- Canon R vs Sony A7iii
- Canon 5D Mark iii vs 5D Mark iv
- Canon M50 vs T7i
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: