We have compared Canon EOS M50 and Canon EOS M200 and found some advanced features in Canon EOS M50. That’s why we recommend you choose Canon M50.
Why We Recommend To Choose Canon EOS M50?
- The Continuous Shooting Speed of this camera is ten frames per second, and EOS M200’s continuous shooting speed is 6.1 frames per second. So, with M50, you can capture fast-moving objects better than the other camera.
- M50 has a dust deletion feature, which removes dust spots automatically. On the contrary, M200 doesn’t have this feature.
- With M50, you can extend the ISO range to 51200. So, you can capture sharp and low-noise photos in shallow light with it. But, you can’t extend M200’s ISO range.
- The monitor of M50 is Vari-angle as you can adjust it at any angle, and this camera is perfect for Vlogging. In contrast, M200’s monitor is tilting, which is not easily adjustable like the M50’s.
- The M50 has a built-in high-resolution electronic viewfinder with 2.36 million dots, which lets you see the object with full details when capturing images. But, there is no EVF in M200.
- You can customize the EOS M50 camera with nine custom settings, but M200 has only six custom settings.
- Some customers have found overheat problems while recording videos with EOS M200, but you won’t see this problem in M50.
So, you can see that Canon EOS M50 has a better continuous shooting speed rate, dust deletion feature, extended ISO range, and more custom settings than the Canon EOS M200. That’s why we strongly recommend you to get Canon EOS M50.
Certain features of Canon EOS M200 that you can consider:
- This camera’s body weight is 262 grams, and its dimension is 108.2 x 67.1 x 35.1mm. Besides, M50’s body weight is 351 grams, and measurements are 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm. So, M200’s lightweight and small dimensions will ensure better handgrip and steadiness while capturing photos or recording videos.
- The battery optimization of this camera is better than the EOS M200 as you can capture 315 frames and 90 minutes videos with it. But, with M50, you can capture only 235 frames and 85 minutes videos.
- With this camera, you will find a feature assistant guide to help you understand all the features and shooting modes with a sample. But this feature isn’t available in M50.
- Canon M200 has a wireless API, which will allow you to capture photos, retrieve images, and set various camera settings remotely by using a Wi-Fi connection. But, this feature isn’t available in Canon EOS M50.
You can consider the EOS M200 for the features mentioned earlier, but you have to compromise the advanced quality of the Canon EOS M50.
Similar features of Canon EOS M200 and Canon M50 camera:
- Both cameras have UHS-I compatibility, which ensures super-fast transfer of files.
- These cameras have CMOS image sensors and DIGIC 8 image processors. So, they will provide fast performance as well as high-resolution photos with fine details.
- They have 24.1 megapixels, which ensure sharp images, better resolution, and low noise images.
- Auto color optimization feature comes with these cameras that ensure the image’s perfect lighting by optimizing colors.
- Both cameras have a red-eye reduction feature.
- You can add copyright information in your captured files with these cameras.
- They can work at any challenging temperature (32 to 104°F)
- You will have a one-year limited warranty with the Canon EOS M200 and EOS M50.
Quick Comparison Table
|Specifications||Canon EOS M200||Canon EOS M50|
|Editor’s ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Weight ( Body)||262 grams||351 grams|
|Weight ( Including memory card and Battery)||299 grams||387 grams|
|Dimension||108.2 x 67.1 x 35.1mm||116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm|
|Camera Type||Digital single-lens mirrorless||Digital single-lens mirrorless|
|Compatible lenses||EF-M Lens||EF-M Lens|
|Image Sensor||CMOS sensor||CMOS sensor|
|Image Processor||DIGIC 8||DIGIC 8|
|Image Stabilization||No||5-Axis Stabilization|
|Effective pixels||24.1 Megapixels (Approx.)||24.1 Megapixels (Approx.)|
|Number of Total Pixels||25.8 megapixels (Approx.)||25.8 megapixels (Approx.)|
|Continuous Shooting Rate||6.1 Frames per second||10 frames per second|
|Dust Deletion feature||No||Yes|
|Auto Lighting Optimizer||Yes||Yes|
|Lens Aberration Correction||Yes||No|
|View finder||No||electronic color viewfinder|
|Auto Focus Type||Dual Pixel CMOS AF||Dual Pixel CMOS AF|
|Auto Focus points||143 points||143 points|
|Focus Modes||3 Types||3 Types|
|ISO Speed Range||100-25600||100-25600|
|Extended ISO speed range||No||51200|
|Flash Type||Manual pop-up flash||Manual pop-up flash|
|Video Shooting||4K UHD, Full HD, and HD||4K UHD, Full HD, and HD|
|Screen Type||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Screen Size||3.0 inches||3.0 inches|
|LCD feature||Tilt type||Vari-angle|
|Direct Printing||PictBridge-compatible printers||PictBridge-compatible printers|
|Custom Function||Six available||Nine available|
|USB Terminal||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Bluetooth and Wi-Fi||Supported||Supported|
|Batter y for the still Image shoot||315 Frames||235 Frames|
|Battery For Movie recording||90 Minutes||85 minutes|
|Working Temperatures||32 to 104°F||32 to 104°F|
|Warranty Period||One year limited||One year limited|
Similarities and Differences of Canon EOS M50 and Canon EOS M200 camera:
Weight and Dimension:
Canon EOS M200’s (only Body) weight is 262 grams, and Canon EOS M50 (only body) weighs 351 grams. When you put memory card and battery, M200’s weight measured 299 grams, and M50’s weighed 387 grams. Besides, M200’s dimension is 108.2 x 67.1 x 35.1mm and M50’s dimension is 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm. Although M50’s dimension is bigger than M200, this camera is convenient and very comfortable.
Camera processor and ISO:
Both cameras are formed with the upgraded DIGIC8 sensor, which will help you produce high-quality images and ensure fast operation even in low light. The image processor helps keep results sharp and detailed. Besides, both cameras have an Auto Color optimizer, which maintains the color and details of the photos.
The ISO range of M200 and M50 is 100-25600. But, you can extend the ISO with M50 to 51200. So, with M50, you can capture sharp and low noise photos in low light as this camera has DIGIC 8 processor and a high ISO range.
Image sensor and Auto Focus:
Canon EOS M50 and M200 have 24.1 Megapixels APS-C sensors. So, both cameras are capable of capturing high-resolution photos and videos. The camera sensor produces images suitable for enlargement or cropping with these effective pixels as these images have sufficient resolution. Furthermore, you can make poster-sized prints and zoom on a particular detail.
Both cameras come with the Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus. This upgraded Auto Focus is too fast and going to help you focus accurately on any particular things. Besides, their autofocus points are 143, so you get the freedom of focus on many objects you like.
Canon EOS M200 and M50 can capture 4K UHD, Full HD, and HD resolution videos. When you make 4K UHD videos with these cameras at a 24 frame rate, these videos will provide a cinematic look and better details than an HDTV. Besides, you can record Full HD videos at a 120 frame rate.
Furthermore, you can record slow-motion videos with these cameras. But, the 5-Axis image stabilization feature in M50 will help your more while recording videos and capturing Images by reducing shake and blurriness. But, you won’t find the Image stabilization feature in M200.
Monitor and EVF:
Both cameras have 3.0 inches liquid-crystal monitor with a TFT color. But, they have differences in monitor adjustments as M50 has Vari-angle LCD and M200 has Tilt type LCD. But, Vari-angle LCD will help you better when you want to capture photos from different angles. Besides, if you’re going to create a vlog, M50 is the best option for you. Again, both cameras have 29 type interphase languages and color filters.
Canon M50 has a high-resolution electronic viewfinder, which will help you see the object better than the screen. Besides, this viewfinder has Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology that offers you high-contrast, high color images through the viewfinder.
Battery and Warranty policy:
Canon EOS M50 and EOS M200 have the same battery power, but there is a difference in the power optimization. Both cameras have an LP-E12 Li-Ion rechargeable battery. You can capture 315 images and record 90 minutes of video with the M200 by charging the battery once.
Besides, you can capture only 235 frames and 85 minutes videos with the M50. M200 has better battery optimization than the other one, but M50’s 5-axis image stabilizing mode makes it better than the M200.
The Canon Company provides warranty service for a year, and the warranty comes with conditions. You can enjoy a free service warranty for a year, but if the damages are caused by misuse and rough use, the company shall not provide you the free service.
Canon EOS M50 and EOS M200 are both top-rated cameras with efficient features. But, if you want the best one, we suggest you get a Canon EOS M50 camera. Otherwise, you can choose M200, but you will have a better photographic experience with Canon EOS M50.
FAQ about Canon EOS M50 and Canon EOS M200 cameras:
|Does M50 support the UHS-I cards? |
Yes, this camera supports a UHS-I memory card, and you can transfer your files faster with this card.
Between M50 and M200, which one supports wireless API?
Between them, M200 supports wireless API, which will help you capture photos and retrieve photos remotely using a Wi-Fi connection.
How many frames can I capture with M200?
With M200, you can capture approximately 315 frames.
Can I customize M50’s settings?
Yes, you can customize m50’s settings with nine settings.
Is it possible to extend the ISO range with M200?
No, you can’t extend M200’s ISO range, but it is possible with M50 as you can extend its ISO range to 51200.
You can also read some other camera comparisons here: