Canon 77D was released in Feb 2017 & 80D released in Feb 2016. Both Cameras are Amazing with some similarities & differences, but if you are looking for the best one with better photo & video quality, I would recommend the Canon 77D rather than 80D.
Why do I recommend Canon 77D?
- The light sensitivity of the Canon 77D is 100-25600 ISO & expandable to 50- 51000 ISO, but 80D is 100-16000. You will get 2 times better low-light & tough-light photography with Canon 77D than 80D.
- Canon 77D is built with latest DIGIC 7 image processor and 80D is built with DIGIC 6 processor. DIGIC 7 processor is built to provide better autofocus, faster Image processing, better resolution and it consumes less power to run for extra time.
- The 77D has digital Image Stabilizer which helps to reduce image blurring to get a perfect shoot, but Canon 80D Doesn’t have any image Stabilizer.
- Canon 77D has Bluetooth connectivity but 80D doesn’t have such a important feature. You could share photos & stuff by Bluetooth.
Maybe the Canon 80D price can make you comfortable because it’s little bit cheaper then 77D. But you have to compromise all the above-mentioned features, Now the choice is yours. I hope it was helpful to get the right one.
Side by side comparison
|Specification||Canon EOS 77D||Canon EOS 80D|
|Editor’s ratting||4.7 out of 5||4.5 out of 5|
|Sensor dimensions||22.3 x 14.9 mm||22.5 x 15 mm|
|Image processor||DIGIC 7||DIGIC 6|
|Max Native Light sensitivity||100-25,600 ISO||100-16,000 ISO|
|Max Boosted Light Sensitivity||51200 ISO||25600 ISO|
|Max Mechanical Shutter||1/4000s||1/8000s|
|Max Flash Sync||1/200s||1/250s|
|Digital image stabilization||Yes||No|
|Continuous Shooting||6.0 fps||7.0 fps|
|Battery Life||600 shots||960 shots|
|Center Weighted Metering||No||Yes|
|Price||Check canon 77D price||Check canon 80D price|
Common things that both DSLR can do…
- Canon 77D & 80D have Face Detection Focus that locks on the face and tracks the subject while they are moving. It’s very helpful while you are making vlogs or any other kind of Videos.
- Canon 77D & 80D has 24.10 megapixels APS-C sensor, A better megapixel camera helps to capture images and videos in higher Resolution with more details.
- Both DSLR has 1040k dots higher resolution screen that can display same detailed visual information on the display.
- Canon 77D & 80D has a Live view() option, This option allows you to shoot while viewing a real-time image.
- Both contains a microphone port where you can attach a microphone & shoot video with crystal clear sound quality.
- Thy have 45 focus points, which helps to focus on 45 objects at the same time.
- You can use Canon 77D & 80D as a webcam instead of Laptops and other webcams to make a good impression when you are attending a meeting.
- Both has a touch screen display that helps to focus or zoom on any specific object by tapping on the screen.
- AE Bracketing is available in Canon 77D & 80D which helps to shoot equally in tough lighting conditions or shadow areas.
- If you want to do a live streaming or live concert you can do it with both DSLRS, just connect the camera to wifi and it’s ready to go.
- The D5600 & D3500 has a timelapse recording feature for creative shooting.
- Both camera supports a UHS-I card, which ensures high capacity, faster downloads, and better performance to shoot and store videos & photos.
- Canon 77D & 80D can record (1920 x 1080) Video at 60 FPS, which helps to record fast-moving objects without getting blurred.
- You can remotely control Canon 77D & 80D from your phone to shoot or view.
- Both device combines NFC technology that lets you instantly share files.
If you are okay with the above-explained feature then you can get any one of these, but if you are looking for advanced features and the best one Between Canon 77D & 80D you must pick the Canon 77D.
|Specification||Canon EOS 77D||Canon EOS 80D|
|Body Type||Mid-size SLR||Mid-size SLR|
|Sensor megapixels||24 megapixels||24 megapixels|
|Max Sensor Resolution||6000 x 4000||6000 x 4000|
|AF Multi Area||Yes||Yes|
|AF Live View||Yes||Yes|
|AF Face Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Contrast Detection||Yes||Yes|
|AF Phase Detection||Yes||Yes|
|Number of Focus Points||45||45|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF/EF-S||Canon EF/EF-S|
|Number of Available Lenses||333||333|
|Display Type||Fully Articulated||Fully Articulated|
|Display Resolution||1,040k dots||1,040k dots|
|Viewfinder||Optical (pentamirror)||Optical (pentaprism)|
|UHS card support||UHS-I||UHS-I|
|Manual Exposure Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Custom White Balance||Yes||Yes|
|Flash Range||12.00 m (at ISO 100)||12.00 m (at ISO 100)|
|Max Video Resolution||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080|
|Video Formats||MPEG-4, H.264||MPEG-4, H.264|
|1.Is Canon 77D a professional camera?
The Canon 77D can capture professional DSLR image quality with a very handy & light body.
2.Does Canon 77D have 4K?
The DSLR do not have 4K, but you can shoot in 1080p at 60 fps. So, undoubtedly you could do some great photography.
3.Is Canon 77D good for video?
It could not denied that Canon 77D have some lacks of features and quality as a great DSLR for shooting high quality videos. But, if you consider the price than it would be a good choice and value for money.
4.Is the Canon 80D 4K?
Canon 80D can shoot video in 4K resolution, with the full width of the sensor.