Canon 6d and 6d Mark II are both the best camera on the market, but the Canon 6d Mark II would be the better choice between these two cameras.
What makes Canon 6d mark II a better choice?
- This DSLR camera comes with 45 focus points, while the Canon 6d has only 11 focus points. So, with its more focus points, you can easily track and maintain the focus of the object to capture the best image.
- The Canon 6d Mark II has 26.2 megapixels with the main camera. In contrast, the Canon 6d has a 20.2 megapixel. Therefore, with this device, you can capture the images with more details and clarity.
- It combines with the Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD, whereas the Canon 6d doesn’t provide a touchscreen for Vari-angle. So, you can flip the screen at a variety of angles to your preference.
- This device can shoot up to 1200 shots with a single charge while its competitor Canon 6d shots only 1090 shots. Thus, the longer battery life is a great thing since you can take more photos with the 6d Mark II.
- It works with 6-fps during a continuous shot, and the Canon 6d works in 4.5fps while taking the same shots.
- This device’s weight is 755g, while the Canon 6d is 785g. Thus, you will feel very comfortable using this device for a long time.
These advanced features make the Canon 6d Mark II the best choice. So, think about all these properties before making any decision.
- Their video quality is 4k. That makes the video footage will be sharper and clearer.
- Both devices have the weather-sealed option in their body. It protects the device from harsh weather.
- Their screen size is 3 inches. Which makes it easy to operate.
- They have a battery level indicator. If the battery gets low, it will notify you.
Canon 6d VS 6d mark ii Comparison Chart
|Specification||Canon 6d||Canon 6d Mark II|
|Editors rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Product dimension||5.71 x 2.8 x 4.37 inches||2.9 x5.7 x 4.4 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||4.5 fps||Six fps|
|Focus point||11 points||45 points|
|Battery life||1090 shots||1200 shots|
|Screen size||3 inches||3 inches|
|Video||Full HD||Full HD|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences between Canon 6d and 6d mark ii
Size and weight are essential parts of any kind of camera. This camera weight is 755g, and the external dimension is 2.9 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches. On the other hand, the Canon 6d weighs 785g, and the external dimensions are 5.71 x 2.8 x 4.37 inches.
Both cameras are almost the same size and provide 98% viewfinder coverage.
Canon 6d and 6d Mark II both camera screen sizes are 3 inches. Canon 6d mark ii screens can be flipped out, but Canon 6d screens can not flip out. Both camera screen resolution is 1040 dots. Canon 6d mark ii has a touch screen feature, while Canon 6d does not have this feature.
Canon 6d Mark II has a 26.2 mp full-framed size CMOS sensor and includes a DIGIC 7 processor. Besides, the Canon 6d has a 20.2 mp full-frame-sized CMOS sensor with DIGIC 5+ processor. Therefore, canon 6d mark ii provides a better sensor than Canon 6d. Moreover, this camera comes with 45 focus points, and the Canon 6d comes with 11 focus points. More focus points give a more quality full picture.
Canon 6d and 6d Mark II both cameras have the same Compatible lenses Canon EF lenses. There are 250 lenses available for both cameras, and 250 lenses can cover the full-frame sensor of these cameras. Image stabilization is also an essential feature for any camera. But unfortunately, both cameras do not have this feature. So, you can buy separate lenses for this image stabilization feature.
Both camera video resolution is Full HD-1920p x 1080p .Canon 6d mark ii has a phase detection autofocus capturing the images with more details and better quality. Besides, Canon 6d does not have this feature. This camera has a time-lapse function, and the Canon 6d does not have this feature.
Both cameras have the weather-sealed feature that makes these cameras dustproof and water-resistant. So, you can shoot all day long without any doubt. In addition, a water-resistance device can resist the penetration of water but not be submerged in the water.
If you are a professional photographer, then battery life must be an essential part. In this section, Canon 6d Mark II is one step ahead of Canon 6d. This camera can take 1200 shots, and the Canon 6d can take 1090 shots until the battery dies. Both cameras have a battery level indicator that warns you if the battery dies. If the battery gets damaged, then you can remove it without facing any problem.
Both cameras can be connected with WiFi easily. They have an external memory card slot, so you add an extra memory card to your device. Both devices can be controlled remotely with your smartphone. This camera has a 6fps continuous shooting speed, and the Canon 6d has a 4.5fps continuous shooting speed. Fast continuous shooting speed helps take action shots.
Canon 6d mark ii is undoubtedly the best choice. It will give you a better picture and video; it has a higher focus point, shooting speed, and longer battery life. So, we strongly recommend you to buy Canon 6d mark ii. Otherwise, Canon 6d is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Canon 6D vs 6D Mark II
Is there an adapter for using EFS lenses on these cameras?
No. An EF-S lens is made specifically for the smaller APS-C sensor size. This APS-C sensor is *around* 23x15mm. The 6D has a larger full-frame sensor, which is about 36x24mm. If someone *did* build an adapter, the photo’s edges would be black since the EF-S lens couldn’t fill the larger sensor.
Is Canon 6d mark ii compatible with RC-1?
No, this device is not compatible with RC-1.
Does it take videos and photos?
It does. It can take full HD video. It’s as user-friendly as the 7D and 5D Mark III for video.
Do these cameras come with a battery and charger?
Yes, you will get the battery and charger with the box.
Read related articles from the below links –
- Canon 90D vs. 6D Mark ii
- Nikon D5600 vs. Canon T7
- Canon T6i vs. T7
- Nikon Z7 vs Sony A7iii
- Canon Sl3 vs. Nikon D5600
- Canon T7 vs. Nikon D3500
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: