We have compared Canon EOS 6D and Canon EOS 5D Mark II and found some updated and impressive features in EOS 6D. So, between them, we highly recommend Canon 6D camera for you!
Why We Recommend Canon EOS 6D Camera?
- This camera’s updated image processor (DIGIC5+) will increase the performance 17 times better than the DIGIC4 processor in the 5D Mark II camera.
- EOS 6D has 11 autofocus points, and EOS 5D Mark II has only 9. So, 6D enables you to focus more accurately on any particular thing than the other one.
- The ISO range of this camera can be expanded to 102400 as you can capture your special moments with sharpness and fine details, plus you don’t need to worry about the lighting. But, with 5D Mark II, you won’t get this facility as this camera ISO range can be expanded to 25600 only.
- This camera has built-in GPS; thus, you can easily identify where you captured photos. But this feature isn’t available in EOS 5D Mark II.
- The continuous shooting speed of EOS 6D is 4.5 fps, and 5D Mark II’s speed is 3.9 fps. So, 6D provides better performance while capturing any fast-moving things than 5D Mark II.
- The LCD monitor of this camera comes with 1.04 million dots, whereas 5D Mark II comes with only 0.92 Million. So, you can preview your captured images will great details with EOS 6D camera.
- This camera has a great battery optimizer that enables you to capture 1090 photos, whereas, with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, you can shot a maximum of 850 images.
- Canon EOS 6D’s weight is 680 grams, and EOS 5D Mark II weighs 810 grams. So, 6D weighs 130 grams lighter than 5D and provides you delicate hand- grip and comfort.
So, you can see that Canon EOS 6D has better features than the Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera, and this camera will provide you the best photographic experience. Therefore, we highly recommend the Canon EOS 6D camera.
- CMOS image sensor in these cameras ensures high-quality images and videos.
- Both cameras have white balance settings, plus you can manually set the balance settings to get your expected frames.
- The Screen size of these cameras is 3.0 inches.
- These cameras have bright auto control, and if you want, you can manually set any brightness from seven levels.
- With PictBridge-compatible printers, you can directly print your files.
- Canon ensures a limited one-year warranty for these cameras.
Comparison Chart: Canon 6D vs 5D
|Specifications||Canon EOS 6D||Canon EOS 5D Mark II|
|Editor’s ratings||4.8 out of 5||4.6 Out of 5|
|Weight (Body)||680 grams||810g|
|Dimension||144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm||152.0 x 113.5 x 75.0mm|
|Number of effective pixels||20.2 Megapixels||21.1 Megapixels|
|Total Pixels||20.6 Megapixels||22.0 Megapixels|
|Image Format||35.8mm x 23.9mm||36.0mm x 24.0mm|
|Image Processor||DIGIC 5+||DIGIC4|
|Auto White Balance||Yes||Yes|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level pentaprism||Eye-level pentaprism|
|Viewfinder Coverage||Vertical/Horizontal 97% (approx.)||Vertical/Horizontal 98% (approx.)|
|AF points||11 Points||9 Points|
|ISO range (Auto)||100-25600||100-6400|
|Expanded ISO Range||102400||25600|
|Drive Modes||Six modes||Three modes|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||4.5 Frames per Second||3.9 Frames per Second|
|Video Shooting||Full HD, HD & SD||Full HD, HD & SD|
|LCD monitor||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor||TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Monitor Size||3.0 Inches||3.0 Inches|
|Monitor resolution||1.04 Million dots||0.92 Million dots|
|Bright Control||Auto & 7 levels Control||Auto & 7 levels Control|
|Quick Control Function||Yes||No|
|Direct Printing||Yes (PictBridge-compatible printers)||Yes (PictBridge-compatible printers)|
|Battery for still Images||1090 Photos||850 photos|
|Warranty Period||Limited One year||Limited One year|
Similarities and Differences of Canon EOS 6D and Canon EOS 5D Mark II:
Image Processor and ISO:
Canon EOS 6D camera has a Full-frame 20.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor, and its ISO range is 100-25600 plus this range can be expanded to 102400. Therefore, this camera produces high resolution, perfectly detailed images and videos with incredible speed and performance with a full-frame sensor and higher ISO range. Another Side, Canon EOS 5D Mark II’s ISO range is 100-6400, and you can expand this range to 25600 only plus; this camera has a 21.1 Megapixels CMOS sensor. Therefore, you will get better performance with EOS 6D.
Image processor and Continuous Shooting modes:
Canon 5D Mark II has DIGIC 4 processor, and its Continuous shooting speed is 3.9 frames per second. But Canon has updated the EOS 6D camera’s image processor to DIGIC5+, and this processor provides the fastest performance and 4.5 fps. So, this camera has better drive speed than the 5D Mark II camera.
Video recording and Viewfinder Coverage:
Both cameras can record Full HD videos at 1080p resolution, and they also have a silent recording feature. Again their viewfinder type is Eye-level pentaprism. But 5D Mark II’s viewfinder Coverage is 98%, whereas 6D has 97% coverage. So, 5D Mark II provides 1% better coverage than the 6D camera.
LCD monitors and AF:
Here, these cameras have 3.0 inches liquid-crystal monitor with a TFT color. But, 6D’s screen resolution is better than 5D Mark II as these camera’s screen has 1.04 million dots whereas 5D Mark II’s screen has only 0.92 Million. Moreover, both cameras have auto and seven-level manual brightness controls systems.
Furthermore, EOS 5D Mark II has 9 Auto Focus points, whereas 6D has 11 points. So, 6D ensures better accurate AF than the other one.
Weight and Dimension:
Canon EOS 6D’s body weight is 680 grams, and 5D Mark II weighs 810 grams. Again, 6D’s dimension is 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm and 5D Mark II’s size is 152.0 x 113.5 x 75.0mm. So, you can see that Canon EOS 6D weighs less than 5D Mark II, and its small compact size will help you hold the camera more comfortably.
Battery and Warranty policy:
Both cameras have LP-E6 rechargeable batteries, but EOS 6D comes with robust Battery optimization as you can capture 1090 frames. On the other hand, with 5D Mark II, you can shot only 850 photos.
Besides, they have a direct printing feature so that, with PictBridge-compatible printers, you can directly print your photos. Canon provides repairing and replacement services free of cost for a year from the date of purchase. But, if it appears to Company that you caused the damage to the camera, they won’t provide this service.
So, You can see that, between these two cameras, Canon EOS 6D provides you with a powerful Image processor, more accuracy in AF, higher ISO range, better battery optimization, and overall this camera comes with lightweight. Therefore, we strongly suggest you choose this camera.
FAQ about Canon EOS 6D and Canon EOS 5D Mark II:
|Between 6D and 5D Mark II, which one has better battery performance and optimization? |
Canon 6D has better battery performance and optimization between these two, as this battery provides you enough power to capture up to 1090 frames.
Is there any quick control function in the 5D Mark Ii Camera?
No, this unique function isn’t available in this camera but available in 6D.
How many drive modes are available in these cameras?
Canon EOS 6D has six modes, and 5D Mark II has only three modes.
What is the Screen Size of Canon EOS 6D?
This camera comes with 3.0 inches liquid-crystal monitor ( TFT Color) and 1.04 Million Dots in it.
Read more camera comparisons below:
- Canon M100 vs M50
- Canon R6 vs R
- Canon G7X Mark II vs Mark III
- Canon SL3 vs M50
- Canon M50 vs M200
- Canon M6 Mark II vs M50
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: