If you want an ideal camera between these two, I strongly recommend you buy a Canon 5d mark iv. Check the below section to know the reason for my recommendation.
The reason for my recommendation-
- This DSLR camera has 61 focus points, while the Canon 6d mark ii has only 45 focus points. And the focus points make it easier to track and maintain the focus of the object so that you can capture the best image.
- The 5d Mark IV has a 30 Megapixels sensor that helps to capture high-quality images with more details. On the contrary, its competitor gives 20-megapixel sensors that cannot capture pictures like Canon 6d mark ii.
- It works fast with 7 fps during a continuous shot, and the Canon 6d mark ii works slowly while taking the same images at 8 fps. The frame of Canon 5d mark iv will provide you with better graphics.
- Canon 5d mark iv has an extended ISO of 100-2995 that helps to shoot long exposure images better. The Canon 6d mark ii comes with an ISO range of 100-2862.
- You will have better image output on the Canon 5d mark iv, as it has 100% viewfinder coverage. The competitor has only 95% viewfinder coverage.
For all of these advanced features, the Canon 5d mark is the best DSLR camera rather than the 6d mark ii. Hence, you can consider picking this one for you.
- They have a weather-sealed option in their body which is to protect the device from harsh weather.
- These cameras feature a touch screen feature. The ideal screen size makes it easy to operate.
- Both cameras have a two-stage shutter system that helps to take photos like a pro.
- They have a timelapse function that shows the long passage of time sped up.
Canon 6D Mark II vs 5D Mark IV Specifications Chart
|Specification||Canon 6d mark ii||Canon 5d mark iv|
|Editors Rating||4.6 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Product Dimension||2.9 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches||3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||6fps||7fps|
|External memory slot||Yes||Yes|
|Battery Life||1200 shots||900 shots|
|Processors||DIGIC 7||DIGIC 6|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Features & Benefits of Canon 6d mark ii VS 5d mark iv
If you notice both cameras, it’s clear that Canon 6d mark ii is smaller than Canon 5d mark iv. Its body is 5mm shorter and 1mm thinner than Canon 5d mark iv. Weight and size are also essential parts of any camera. Canon 6d mark ii body weight is 765g, and external dimension is 2.9 x 5.7 x 4.4 inches. On the other side, the canon 5d mark iv body weight is 890g, and the external dimension is 3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches.
The bigger display gives the best experience for the user. This camera screen size is 3.2 inches, and the Canon 6d mark ii screen size is 3 inches. Canon 5d mark iv can not flip-out screen while 6d mark ii can flip out their screen. Both cameras have a touch screen feature in their body. So, you can operate your device easily with your finger. Both devices have optical viewfinder coverage. Canon 5d mark iv provides 100% viewfinder coverage, and Canon 6d mark ii provides 98% viewfinder coverage.
This camera comes with a 30mp Full-frame CMOS sensor and its feature with DIGIC 6 processor. On the other hand, Canon 6d mark ii has a 20mp Full-frame CMOS sensor and features a DIGIC 7 processor. Canon 5d mark iv has 61 focus points, and the other one has 45 focus points. The more focus point determines the resolution of pictures and helps to identify the right area in the frame.
If you want to capture the best image, you have to choose the best lens. So, the number of lenses is also an essential factor for any camera. Both cameras have the same compatible camera mount, Canon EF mount. There are 250 lenses available, and they can cover full-frame CMOS sensors. Sadly, there is no image stabilization feature in their body. You can buy an extra lens that has an image stabilization feature.
Both cameras have a weather-sealed feature that makes devices dustproof and water-resistant. So, these cameras can resist the water but not be submerged in the water. On the other hand, Canon 5d mark iv does not have this feature. So you have to be more careful whenever you shoot all day long.
Canon 5d mark iv video resolution is 4k-3840p x 2160p. Besides its competitor video resolution is Full-HD-1920p x 1080p. The higher video resolution makes the footage sharper and clear. Canon 6d mark ii has a phase detection autofocus, and 5d mark iv does not have this feature. Canon 5d mark iv supports slow-motion video while 6d mark ii does not support this feature.
In this section, Canon 6d mark ii is one step ahead of Canon 5d mark iv. This camera can take 1200 shots at a single charge, and Canon 5d mark iv can take 900 images at one charge. Both cameras have a battery level indicator, and the battery is rechargeable.
Both cameras can connect with WiFi. They have an external memory card slot. You can add extra memory storage. These devices can be controlled with the remote. You can make your smartphone a remote controller.
After discussing these features, I hope you will know which camera is best for you. I recommend it for its higher focus point, higher sensor resolution, faster continuous shooting speed, and more extensive ISO range. Otherwise, Canon 6d mark ii is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Canon 6d mark ii and 5d mark iv
How is the image stabilization system in the canon 6d mark ii?
Canon 6D Mark II has built-in Digital Image Stabilization.
Does this camera autofocus during videography?
It does; I would recommend using live view for this.
How many batteries are included in this deal?
It’s only one battery.
Can this camera record video with a blurry background?
You can record on this camera with a blurry background.
Do you wanna read related articles? Check the below links –