Canon 5D Mark III and 5D Mark IV are incredible DSLR cameras, but some upgraded features made the Canon 5D Mark IV the best for you, so you can select this one.
What Makes the Canon 5D Mark IV the best for you?
- Canon 5D Mark IV has a 30mp CMOS sensor that helps to capture incredibly clear also provides vibrantly colorful images. In contrast, the Canon 5D Mark III comes with only a 22mp CMOS sensor that can’t take photos like Mark IV.
- It is very fast at continuous shooting and able to capture up to 7fps. On the other hand, the Mark III can take up to 6fps continuous shooting that is not so fast.
- This camera can record high-resolution 4k-4096p x 2160p while Canon 5D Mark III can shoot only Full HD quality video.
- Canon 5D Mark IV comes with a better ISO range of 100- 2995, which is very effective in taking photos during light and sunlight as well. In contrast, the other one comes with an ISO range of 100-2293.
- This device supports a wireless connection so, you can easily operate it. On the other side, the Mark III does not support wireless connections.
- The weight of this device is 890g, besides its competitor 950g. Therefore, it’s very comfortable to carry anywhere compared to Canon 5d mark iii.
These updated features make the Canon 5D Mark IV the best camera. So, choose this camera if you want the best performance camera.
- They have a 3 inches fixed type display. The ideal screen makes it easy to operate.
- They have weather-sealed features in their body, which protects the camera body from the upset weather.
- Both cameras have a battery level indicator that notifies you when the battery gets low.
- They come with 1-year warranty service. That ensures the security of the product.
|Specification||Canon 5D Mark III||canon 5D Mark IV|
|Editors rating||4.5 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Product dimension||5.98 x 2.99 x 4.57 inches||3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches|
|Continuous shooting speed||6fps||7fps|
|4k photo mode||No||Yes|
|Battery life||950 shots||900 shots|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year|
Similarities and Differences between Canon 5D Mark III VS Canon 5D Mark IV
Both devices are designed with a 100% optical viewfinder. Talking about the size & weight of these devices. The Canon 5D Mark III body weight is 950.
On the other hand, the Canon 5D Mark IV weighs 890g, and its dimension is 3 x 5.9 x 4.6 inches.
Canon 5D Mark III and 5d Mark IV both camera display sizes are 3 inches and their screen is fixed type. Canon 5d Mark III screen resolution is 1040k dots, while the 5D Mark IV screen resolution is 1620k dots. The 5D Mark IV has a touch screen feature to operate the device easily with your finger. On the other side, Mark III does not have this feature.
Both cameras feature weather-sealed features that make them dustproof and water-resistant. Thus you can take either of them anywhere no matter what the weather is. These cameras can take care of them.
Canon 5d mark iii comes with a 22mp full-frame CMOS sensor and includes DIGIC 5+ processor. On the other side,5d mark iv comes with a 30mp full-frame CMOS sensor and features a DIGIC 6+ processor. Canon 5d mark iv gives a higher sensor that’s useful for capturing sharp images.
Both cameras have the same compatible lens mount, the Canon EF lens mount. So, there are 250 lenses available for these cameras. These lenses can cover the full-frame sensor of these Cameras. Sadly, none of these bodies have image stabilization features. You can buy another lens for the image stabilization feature.
There are big differences in video resolution.Canon 5d mark iv video resolution is 4k-4096p x 2160p and 5d mark iii video resolution is Full HD 1920p x 1080p. The higher video resolution makes the video footage more clear and sharper. Canon 5d mark iii has phase detection autofocus for videos, while 5d mark iv does not have this feature. Canon 5d mark iv has a timelapse function that shows long passage time sped up. Besides, canon 5d mark iii does not have this feature.
Continuous shooting speed
Canon 5d mark iv have7 fps shooting speed; you can capture 7 images per second. In contrast, its competitor has a 6fps continuous shooting speed. The faster shooting speed is helpful for capturing action shots.
If we talk about battery life, then canon 5d mark iii is one step ahead of 5d mark iv. This camera can shoot 950 shots per second besides the Canon 5d mark, and iv can take 900 images per second. They have battery level indicators, and these batteries are rechargeable.
Canon 5D Mark IV can connect with WiFi while Mark III does not connect with WiFi.They have an external memory card slot. So, you can add a separate memory card. Canon 5D Mark IV has an NFC feature, besides 5D Mark III does not have this feature.
Canon 5D mark iv is an updated version camera so, you can not find these features on 5d mark iii. It gives you maximum video resolution, higher sensor, higher continuous shooting speed, etc. That’s why we recommend you to buy Canon 5D Mark IV. Otherwise, Canon 5D Mark III is also a good choice.
Frequently asked questions about Canon 5D Mark III and 5D Mark IV
Does it have a built-in flash?
A built-in flash is for amateur photographers – for quality photography, never look at a built-in flash on a camera!
Will this battery pack fit while using a tripod?
Yes, there is a tripod screw hole on the bottom of the battery grip, just like the camera.
How is the 4k video quality of this camera?
The video quality is excellent. If you plan to record many videos, you’ll want to buy the most significant memory card you can afford. An hour of 4k video will fill 256 GB. Also, consider picking up an external mic for video work.
Can this camera body support the same lens as the t3i?
EF-S mount lenses can only be used in crop sensor cameras, including the t3i. EF mount lenses can be used in both crop sensor and full-frame cameras.
You may have interest in –
I have been working in the camera industry for the last 6 years, and I am dedicated to helping my readers choose the best DSLR Camera, Mirrorless camera, security camera, or drone. My greatest reward is utilizing that knowledge to help people get the best for their needs under their budget.
Follow or ask me anything about Camera on social media: