If you are thinking about stepping into the photography industry, you will need an interchangeable lens camera, and the camera should match the budget.
You will find a variety of cameras from leading manufacturers. So, it will be a little challenging to get the right one. But, as a beginner, you should get a camera from the Canon brand as they include advanced technology and features in their entry-level cameras.
However, in this article, I will describe the 6 best cameras from Canon, and you will get the opportunity to compare and choose the best one!
Why is Canon Cameras Suitable for Beginners?
Undoubtedly, Canon is one of the most popular and best manufacturers in the photography industry. They produce stunning cameras with advanced features. Other giant companies like Nikon and Sony have great cameras, but their options are limited and expensive.
However, Canon’s beginner-grade cameras come with all the features which are necessary and easy to learn. In addition, you can upgrade from beginner to professional standard cameras as this Company produces all types. That’s why I prefer Canon cameras for beginners.
Which Canon Cameras Are Best for Beginners?
Canon has created both mirrorless and DSLR cameras, plus both types of cameras will ensure decent performance. So, I have included both types in my list, following their features and performance. Now, let’s dive into the discussion about the Best Canon Cameras for beginners:
- Canon EOS 90D camera ( Best)
- Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Full Frame Camera ( Budget-friendly)
- Canon EOS Rebel T8i
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3
- Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III
- Canon EOS M200 Compact Mirrorless Digital Vlogging Camera
Canon EOS 90D DSLR camera (The Boss)
The Canon EOS 90D DSLR camera is one of the best DSLR cameras, and this device is integrated with stunning plus advanced features. As a beginner, this device is capable of providing all the facilities to take your photography to the next level. Now, it’s time to check out the features of this impressive DSLR camera:
- Canon EOS 90D DSLR camera features 32.5 Megapixels CMOS ( APS-C) sensor; hence it can take high-resolution shots. In addition, it includes a sophisticated light-capturing design that provides high ISO capture by ensuring low noise and great details.
- This DLSR camera features the DIGIC 8 image processing engine, ensuring high-quality images and fast operation. Therefore, you won’t need to worry about the low light. However, If you need to take photos in a high ISO range, this image processor will help to reduce blurriness and give sharp results.
- The EOS 90D DSLR camera is capable of shooting 10 frames per second; hence you won’t miss any action.
- This camera has Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye Detection AF, and the 45-point All Cross-type Autofocus system will provide precise focus in unpredictable settings. In addition, When you look through the optical viewfinder, you will see the subject and take the shot with minimal lag time or glare.
- This DSLR camera has a robust mechanical shutter, providing a speed of 1/8000 of a second. Therefore, this camera can reduce camera shake and help you shoot high-speed moments while maintaining sharp details.
- Canon EOS 90D is formed with Canon’s EOS intelligent Tracking and Recognition system (iTR). So that this device can detect and track faces automatically. In addition, you can simply change the AF point to optimize face tracking even when looking through the viewfinder.
- You will find 2 multi-controller buttons in this camera, by which you can change or adjust the settings, even while looking through the viewfinder.
- This DSLR camera has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You can simply transfer your captured files to compatible smartphones using these features. In addition, the Camera Connect App gives you the opportunity to share photos with various web services, remote shooting options, and many more.
- The ISO sensitivity range of this camera is 100-25600; if you want, you can expand this range to 51200. Therefore, this device is capable of producing sharp photos, even in low light.
- It has a 3.0-inch Vari-angle Touch-Screen LCD that lets you take high-quality selfies plus compose and review captured photos. Moreover, you can specifically focus on a specific location during live shooting.
- With this DSLR camera, you will get a rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6N, by which you can capture approx. 1300 images. In addition, the Battery Grip BG-E14 can hold two battery packs, and this grip can be operable by buttons and provide you extraa comfort.
- The body size of this DSLR camera is approx. 140.7 x 104.8 x 76.8 mm, weighing 701 grams ( including battery and Memory card). So, Canon EOS 90D is lightweight and has a work-friendly design for a smooth photographic experience.
Canon EOS RP Full-frame Camera (The Budget-friendly)
Canon EOS RP is a Full-Frame mirrorless camera. This camera is one of the most compact and lightest EOS cameras of the Canon Brand. This mirrorless camera has advanced features, which will produce impressive images and videos. Now, let’s check out the features of the Canon EOS RP camera:
- Canon has developed and created a 35mm Full-Frame CMOS sensor with 26.2 Megapixels in the EOS RP camera. This sensor, along with the Digic 8 processor, increases operating speed and ensures efficient, fast performance with outstanding image quality for more prominent prints.
- This camera comes with a standard ISO sensitivity range of 100-40000 for still images and 100-25600 for videos. In addition, for 4K video recording, the ISO sensitivity range would be 100-12800. The combination of this ISO range and this camera’s low light performance make it possible to take crisp images and videos in low light.
- In-camera Digital Lens Optimizer of this mirrorless camera works with RF lenses. Hence, it ensures gradual improvement in photo quality.
- This camera’s Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus system has 4779 AF points which are manually selectable. So, this mirrorless camera can ensure sharp focus in a brief time ( 0.05 seconds)
- This mirrorless device will get a high-precision 0.39-inch Organic light emitting diode ( OLED) with a 22mm eyepoint and 2.36 Million dots. Therefore, you will get a sharp, bright, and colorful ( 100%) view of the object.
- The EOS RP camera is integrated with a 3.0 inches Vari-angle LCD monitor with a touch control facility. Besides, the brightness of this LCD is adjustable on seven levels, and its extensive flexibility lets it compose and shoot from different angles.
- The controls of this device are so simple that you can operate that while looking through the EVF. In addition, this mirrorless camera has a built-in Creative Assist feature.
- You can charge the Canon EOS RP camera with the USB power adapter PD-E1; therefore, you won’t need to remove the battery from the camera.
- The continuous shooting speed of this mirrorless camera is 5 frames per second. Therefore, it will be easier for you to capture photos of any fast-moving object.
- Canon has used Battery Pack LP-E17, and by charging the battery once, you can capture approx. 250 images.
- Using Canon’s Camera Connect App, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, you can connect your camera to your mobile, which lets you transfer your captured files quickly, conduct remote shooting and add GPS information.
- Including a battery and memory card, this device weighs 485 grams, and its dimension is 5.22 x 3.35 x 2.76 inches. EOS RP is one of the lightweight and small mirrorless cameras of Canon.
- Its working temperature is 32-104° F, and its working humidity range is 85% or less. So you can carry this camera while traveling.
- A 1-year (limited) warranty is ensured with the original camera, and you get free repair service for any manufacturing defects.
Now, let’s see the features of the Canon EOS 90D DSLR camera ( the best) and the Canon EOS RP Full-frame Camera ( budget-friendly) side by side, which will help you choose the right one!
Quick Specifications Table: Canon EOS 90D DSLR camera vs Canon EOS RP Full-frame Camera
|Specification||Canon EOS 90D ( The best)||Canon EOS RP ( Budget-Friendly)|
|Editors ratings||4.8 out of 5||4.7 out of 5|
|Image Sensor ( Effective Pixels)||32.5 Megapixels CMOS||26.2 Megapixels CMOS|
|Continuous Drive Speed||10 frames per second||5 frames per second|
|Battery||Li-ion Battery LP-E6N||Battery Pack LP-E17|
|Battery life for still image||1300 photos||250 photos|
|Viewfinder Type||OLED color electronic viewfinder||OLED color electronic viewfinder|
|Weight ( Including Battery and Memory Card)||701 grams||485 grams|
|ISO Sensitivity Range||100-25600 ( Expandable to 50-51200)||100-40000 ( Expandable to 50-102400)|
|Video recording||4K UHD (3840 x 2160)||4K UHD (3840 x 2160)|
|LCD monitor||3.0-inch Vari-angle Touch-Screen LCD||3.0-inch TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Warranty||Limited one-year||Limited one-year|
As you can see that Canon EOS 90D has a better image sensor for high picture quality, higher continuous shooting speed, and a powerful battery. These advanced features are necessary for a photography beginner. Anotherside, Canon EOS RP also has better features.
So, if you prefer the overall best canon camera, you can get Canon EOS 90D camera, and if you prefer budget-friendly, you can get a Canon EOS RP camera.
The Canon EOS Rebel T8i will be an impressive interchangeable lens camera if you are looking for an affordable upgrade. Let’s find out this camera’s features below:
- The EOS Rebel T8i features a 24.1 Megapixel CMOS ( APS-C) sensor, ensuring high picture quality and video resolution.
- This camera is formed with the DIGIC 8 image processor, which is very powerful, reduces noise from the images, and produces life-like photos.
- You won’t need to worry about the lighting as this camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-25600, and if needed, you can adjust this range to 51200.
- With Canon EOS Rebel T8i, you can shoot special moments with your family and friends or capture fast-moving objects like athletes or pets. Because this camera’s continuous drive speed is 7frames per second ( 7.5 fps during live view shooting), and it maintains accurate and smooth focus.
- It has a 45-point all-cross-type Autofocus system and face detection feature ( EOS iTR AF). Therefore, this intuitive recognition technology will instantly lock the subject, and you can take accurately focused images and videos with this camera.
- EOS Rebel T8i provides 4K/24p video recording and vertical video support. Therefore, this device is ideal for social media specialists and vloggers.
- This device has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth feature. Using these features, you can easily share every captured photo and video.
- This camera is formed with a 3.0-inches Vari-angle LCD monitor, a touch panel, and a range of advanced operating controls. Therefore, you can adjust the monitor at different angles and take stunning photos and videos.
- It has an LP-E17 rechargeable battery, and by charging it once, you can take approximately 1240 photos, and if you use flash, you can take 800 images. I think this battery life is enough to cover an entire program. In addition, the start-up time of this camera is only 0.3 seconds
- You will get a one-year warranty (limited) with this camera, and they will repair or replace your device if you find any manufacturing defects.
- This camera weighs 515 grams ( including battery pack and SD memory card), and its size is 131.0 x 102.6 x 76.2mm. For its small size and lightweight, you can carry this camera easily and use it for longer.
- High-resolution photos
- Powerful image processor.
- 4K resolution cinematic-looking video recording.
- Focused images and detailed preview through the viewfinder.
- Free repairing service for one year.
- It doesn’t have in-body image stabilization.
- Single card slot.
Canon EOS Rebel SL3 can be your perfect tool if you are looking forward to capturing beautiful family moments or are an aspiring photo enthusiast. It is one of the thinnest and smallest DSLRs available and an excellent choice for beginners. Let’s see this camera’s features below:
- Canon EOS Rebel SL3 Digital SLR camera’s 24.1 Megapixels ( APS-C) CMOS sensor is associated with the powerful DIGIC 8 image processing engine. Therefore, this camera can produce stunning images and cinematic 4K resolution videos.
- The Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus helps you to capture the photo right as the moment happens. This digital SLR camera has an exclusive focus area of approx. 100% vertical and 88% horizontal. In addition, the Eye Detection Autofocus automatically determines where to focus by analyzing your subject’s eye.
- Its continuous drive speed is 5.0 frames per second. Therefore, this device is capable of taking snaps of any fast-moving objects.
- This camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-25600. The DIGIC 8 image processor with this camera’s ISO sensitivity range ensures fast operation and high-quality captured images. In addition, they reduce the noise from the photos.
- Vari-angle Touch screen LCD ( 3.0-inches) will help to operate and adjust the camera quickly. In addition, you can change the direction of the display while taking images/videos from different angles.
- You will get an LP-E17 battery pack with this camera, and you can take approx. 1630 images with it.
- It has built-in Bluetooth and Wifi. Therefore, you can transfer your captured files to your phone easily. Moreover, this camera also has an “ Auto image transfer” feature.
- The dimension of this Digital SLR camera is 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8mm and weighs 449 gram/ 15.84 oz. ( approximately). This camera is recognized as one of the lightest and most miniature cameras.
- This camera comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. Therefore, the company will replace or repair the camera if you find any manufacturing defects in the camera.
- This camera can produce impressive photos and 4K resolution videos.
- A detailed and super clear view of the object.
- Perfect for creating vlogs.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Powerful battery performance.
- Simple process for transferring photos and videos.
- It doesn’t have in-body image stabilization
- Low Continuous shooting speed.
Canon PowerShot G7X Mark III is one of the best Canon Point-and-Shoot Camera for Beginners. This could be your best option if you are new to video creation! Its features are provided below
- This point-and-shoot camera features 20.1 Megapixels ( 1.0-inch) stacked CMOS sensor and a powerful DIGIC 8 image processing engine. So, you can take outstanding shots with this camera.
- This camera can produce 4K resolution videos at 30p and FHD resolution videos at 120p. Therefore, with this device, you can create stunning videos for your social media sites, which will instantly catch your audience.
- It has a 3.0-inches LCD screen with a touch panel. Therefore, you can easily control the settings. In addition, the tilting feature enables you to rotate the LCD at 180° for taking selfies or producing videos.
- The PowerShot G7X Mark III is live streaming capable. Hence, you go live anytime you want by connecting to Wi-Fi.
- The continuous shooting speed of this camera is 30fps ( RAW burst mode).
- It features a built-in Bluetooth connection, which lets you connect your camera to compatible smartphones using the Canon Camera Connect App ( Free). In addition, it continuously updates GPS locations. So that you can know precisely where you took the image.
- This camera comes with an NB-13L battery, and when you charge the battery once, you can capture approx. 320 shots.
- The G7X Mark III camera’s dimension is 4.13 x 2.40 x 1.63 inches, weighing 304 grams/ 10.7 oz.
- Capable of producing 4K resolution videos and good quality photos.
- Best for capturing fast-moving objects.
- Captured photos and videos are easily transferable.
- Low battery power.
When you think about creating limitless memories, Canon EOS M200 could be a fantastic mirrorless camera. In addition, you can create engaging videos with this device. However, This camera is equipped with outstanding features. Do you know them? Well, then check below
- THE Canon EOS M200 mirrorless camera has a 24.1 Megapixels CMOS ( APS-C) sensor and a DIGIC 8 image processor. Therefore, you can take crisp images with this device.
- It features Dual-pixel CMOS AF and Eye detection AF. So, when your object comes into the frame, this camera will quickly lock the object by determining its face.
- This camera boasts 4K resolution videos at 24p/25p. Therefore, it will give your video recordings a cinematic look. In addition, vertical video is also supported by this mirrorless device.
- This camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-25600. Hence, you can capture sharp photos in low light.
- With this mirrorless digital vlogging camera, you will get an LP-E12 battery pack, and you can take 485 images ( ECO mode) and record movies for 90 minutes.
- This camera is capable of taking 6.1 shots per second. Therefore, using this camera, you can shoot fast-moving objects like a walking dog or flying birds.
- The dimension of this mirrorless device is 108.2 x 67.1 x 35.1mm, and it weighs 10.55 oz/ 299grams ( including memory card and battery).
- You will have access to the camera’s artistic filters, allowing you to add some unique effects to your photos. Besides, you will get this camera’s visual guide to learn new tricks and tips.
- It features a 3.0-inches LCD monitor ( Tilt-type), and you can rotate this LCD 180 degrees. Hence, you can take photos from every angle.
- This device comes with one-year warranty coverage. As a result, you will no longer be concerned about manufacturing failings.
- This camera can produce outstanding photos and 4K resolution videos.
- Perform better low light.
- It has a powerful battery.
- Performs better while making vlogs.
- It has a micro-B terminal, which is a little slower than Type-C
- Doesn’t have in-body image stabilization.
If you want the best beginner camera from the Canon brand, you can choose one from the above list. In this article, each camera was reviewed, and I found Canon EOS 90D camera is the best, and the Canon EOS RP Mirrorless camera is budget-friendly.
Canon EOS 90D is the best as this camera has a better image sensor, powerful processor, and battery. Again, it will provide an outstanding photographic experience.
On the other hand, the Canon EOS RP Mirrorless camera has fewer features than the Canon EOS 90D; still, according to the price range, this camera is fantastic.
However, you can choose any camera that fulfills your requirements and if you have any queries or confusion, just ask me in the comment box. Thanks for reading.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Are Canon EOS cameras suitable for beginners?
Yes, Canon EOS cameras are good for beginners. And I have tested various cameras and found the Canon EOS 90D DSLR camera as it has a 32.5 Megapixels CMOS ( APS-C) sensor. Therefore, it can produce crisp images with great details. In addition, its powerful battery lets you shoot approximately 1300 photos by charging the battery once.
Which Canon camera is best at a low price?
If you are concerned about the budget, I suggest the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 Digital SLR camera for you. Because this camera has impressive features will easily fit into the budget.
Does Canon EOS 90D have IBIS?
No, Canon EOS 90D camera doesn’t come with In-body image stabilization. But, its image processor can reduce blurriness from the captured images.
What is PowerShot G7X Mark III’s battery type? How many pictures can I take with it?
This camera comes with an NB-13L rechargeable battery, and when you charge the battery once, you can capture approx. 320 shots.
Does Canon EOS M200 has an eye detection feature?
Yes, this mirrorless camera has an eye detection feature that automatically locks the object by determining its eye.
You may want to read related articles –