Finding the best camera for professional photography for beginners is a tough decision since there are various brands available in the market. In addition, it’s necessary to know the features of your desired camera; otherwise, the camera won’t meet your requirements, and you may need to change the device.
This article includes a discussion about the features of the best cameras (DSLR and Mirrorless) in the market, and you will get the opportunity to choose the right one from the list that meets your requirements and fits your budget.
So, let’s dive into the discussion:
Summary of the content:
Best Camera For Professional Photography For Beginners
DSLR vs Mirrorless is an ongoing debate. But, for beginners, I have tested a lot of cameras and found out the cameras, as mentioned earlier, are the best.
However, I found that FUJIFILM XT30 has better features and provides the best performance among these cameras. Accordingly, the Sony a6400 is in the second position, and this camera is also budget-friendly. Now, let’s check out their features below:
FUJIFILM XT30 Mirrorless Digital Camera (The Best)
FUJIFILM XT30 is integrated with many professional features like its advanced image sensor, powerful processor, and many more. So, let’s have a detailed discussion about the FUJIFILM XT30’s features:
- FUJIFILM XT30 is integrated with advanced image sensor technology, and it has 26.1 Megapixels BSI (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor. Therefore, this device is capable of taking high-resolution photos and videos.
- This mirrorless digital camera includes X-processor 4 quad-core CPU, which ensures perfect color combination and minimizes the noise from the captured images so that your captured photos will be beautiful.
- This device has Auto-focus tracking and faces detection features. Hence, it will ensure accurate focus-tracking for any subject which is moving. In addition, its phase detection autofocus is enhanced from the conventional +0.5EV to -3EV, which allows you to continue the photographic session in a wide range of lighting scenarios.
- With XT30, you will be able to record 4k (4096×2160) resolution videos at 30 frames per second. In addition, you can also record super slow-motion videos at 1080p. Whether you are a filmmaker or social media video content creator, this mirrorless camera is ideal.
- It has a 3.0-inches LCD monitor with a touch panel and a 2-way tilting facility. Hence you can rotate the screen to take photos at different angles, and the touch screen helps you capture photos efficiently in challenging situations.
- This camera has 58 presets, which gives the best opportunity to choose the optimum shooting settings for any scene.
- You will be able to transfer your files faster and wirelessly control the camera as this camera has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth version 4.2.
- The ISO range of this mirrorless device is 160-12800, and you can increase this range to 80-51200. Therefore, you can take sharp images in low lights with this camera.
- This mirrorless digital camera’s 0.39-inches OLED color viewfinder with 2.36 Million dots has 0.62 magnification. Hence, it will provide a clear preview of the object before capturing it.
- It has an NP-W126S Li-ion battery that ensures approx. 380 photos by charging the battery once.
- XT 30 weighs 383 grams, including the battery and SD card, and its size is 118.4mm (W) x 82.8mm (H) x 46.8mm (D). XT3’s lightweight and compact size will help you perform a long photographic session with comfort.
- This camera has a one-year (limited) warranty policy that ensures free repair service for manufacturing defects.
Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera (Budget-friendly)
Canon EOS M50 is popular for its Vari-angle display and for making vlogs for social media. In addition, this mirrorless camera has some impressive features, and most interestingly, with all features, this camera will fit your budget. So, check the features of the Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera features below:
- The Canon EOS M50 camera features a 24.1 Megapixels CMOS (APS-C) sensor. Therefore, this camera is capable of taking high-resolution videos and photos. In addition, its sensor ensures high-quality photos; hence you can enlarge or crop them without worrying about the blurriness.
- The ISO sensitivity range of this mirrorless camera is 100-25600, and this range can be expanded to 51200. That means you can take photos with great detail and low noise, even if the light is dim.
- This device is integrated with improved Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus and eye detection feature. So, this device will help you get the perfect shot as the moment happens. In addition, the Eye detection AutoFocus analyzes the photo and instantly determines where to focus based on your object’s eye.
- This mirrorless camera can record 4K UHD resolution videos at 24 fps. Therefore, you will get the opportunity to produce cinematic-looking videos similar to most TV shows and movies. Moreover, this camera can create a slow-motion effect, which will highlight fast action like racing or even flimsy moments like the wind through a girl’s hair.
- This device is formed with OLED EVF with 2.36 Million dots. So, you will have a high amount of details in what you are capturing. OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology ensures high-color and high-contrast images that can help properly display the scene you want to shoot.
- The Vari-angle LCD monitor enables you to take low-angle and high-angle shots and review and compose photos. In addition, you can create vlogs with this mirrorless camera.
- This camera is designed with fast Wi-Fi connectivity and NFC, and you can transfer captured files directly by using the Camera Connect app. In addition, this device also supports EOS Utility which allows you remote live view shooting, easy setting change, and precise focusing.
- It has an LP-E12 battery, and with one charge, you can capture approx 235 photos ( when Screen is on) and record videos for 85 minutes.
- The weight of this device is 387 grams ( including the battery and memory card), and its dimension is 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm. So, this mirrorless camera is also lightweight and comfortable to use.
If you want a quick comparison, check the chart below
|Specifications||FUJIFILM XT30 ( The best)||Canon EOS M50 ( The Budget-friendly)|
|Editor’s ratings||4.9 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Number of Pixels||26.1 Megapixels||24.1 Megapixels|
|Continuous Drive Speed||30 frames per second||10 Frames per Second|
|Number of Still Images||Up to 380 photos||Up to 370 frames|
|Weight ( Including battery and SD card)||Approx 383 grams||387 grams|
|Dimension||118.4mm x 82.8mm x 46.8mm||116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm|
|ISO Range||160-12800 ( Expandable to 80-51200)||100-51200|
|Image processor||X-Processor 4||DIGIC 8|
|Image Stabilizations||Supported with OIS-type lenses||Supported (5-Axis IS )|
|Video Shooting||4K UHD, Full HD, and HD||4K UHD, Full HD, and HD|
|Focus Type||Intelligent Hybrid AF||Dual Pixel CMOS AF|
|Monitor Size||3.0 Inches color LCD||3.0 Inches TFT|
|Warranty Period||One Year Limited||One Year Limited|
So, you can see that FUJIFILM XT30 comes with advanced features and will ensure incredible performance. Another side, Canon EOS M50 comes on a low budget, but it has the most features that a professional camera has. So, if you are a beginner and want to buy a camera with professional features, you can take the FUJIFILM XT30 mirrorless camera. But, if XT30 doesn’t fit your budget, you can choose the Canon EOS M50 camera.
Now, it is time to discuss other cameras and their features:
Sony a6400 camera is the best upper mid-range camera for beginners. Besides, this mirrorless device has lightweight, sturdy built, and compact in size. With this camera, you will get super-fast autofocus and highly precise subject tracking; hence this device is ideal for taking snaps of any fast-moving objects. In addition, this camera can produce images with stunning quality. Let’s find out the other features of this mirrorless device:
- Sony a6400’s APS-C image sensor with approx. 24.2 Megapixels utilize a highly effective circuit process and copper wiring so that it can gather actual light and ensure outstanding image quality.
- This mirrorless camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-32000; you can expand this range to 102400. Hence, this device is capable of taking sharp and crisp images in low lights.
- Sony a6400 is created for continuous shooting at a high frame rate. The continuous shooting speed of this device is 11 frames per second. So, you will be able to capture all the special moments of any program.
- This device offers a 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution recording opportunity. In addition, with this camera, you can record FULL-HD videos at 120fps and 5x slow-motion videos. In addition, it has a mic jack for audio recording.
- It has a 3.0 inches LCD flip screen monitor with 921k dots. You can rotate the LCD 180 degrees, and with the touch panel, you can instantly operate easily and focus. Moreover, vloggers will be able to monitor and check throughout their whole recording process.
- This device is integrated with “ Real-time Eye AF,” which provides AI (Artificial Intelligence) to find and process eye data in real-time. You have half-press the shutter button, and the device will automatically detect the eyes of the object.
- This camera’s new generation BIONZ-X image processing engine ensures fast operation, reduces blurriness, and produces stunning photos.
- With this mirrorless camera, you can capture approx. 360 shots in viewfinder mode and 410 images in the LCD monitor. So, you won’t have to frequently put the battery in charging mode.
- The 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic color viewfinder will ensure a clear preview of the object before you take the photo of the object.
- 24.2 Megapixels APS-C image sensor.
- BIONZ-X image processor engine.
- 3.0 inches LCD flip screen ( 921K dots)
- Continuous drive speed 11fps.
- ISO range is 100-32000 ( Expandable to 102400)
- Limited one-year warranty.
- This camera doesn’t have body-image stabilization.
Nikon Z50 is another mid-range best mirrorless camera with amazing features. Its image processor and sensor are capable of ensuring the quality of photos and videos. In addion, this camera has many more features. Let’s check them below:
- Nikon Z50 mirrorless digital camera has 20.9 megapixels CMOS sensor, and it is formed with EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. Therefore, this camera will produce high resolution and better quality photos and videos.
- This camera is integrated with Fast Hybrid Autofocus, and it has 209 autofocus points. So, this device will instantly lock the object that comes into the camera’s frame.
- The continuous drive speed of this camera is 11 frames per second. Hence, you can take accurate shots of any fast-moving objects.
- Its ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200; you can expand this range to 204800. So, for low-light photography, this device can be your best companion.
- This mirrorless camera has an EN-EL25 rechargeable Li-ion battery, and this battery gives enough power to take approx. 300 photos by charging it once.
- It has a 1.0 cm (XGA) OLED electronic viewfinder with 2360k- dots. So, this device allows you to have a clear view of the object and the frame.
- In-body image stabilization of this camera will reduce blurriness that comes from camera shakings.
- The silent shutter mode of this device lets you take shots of your sleeping child or animals without disturbing them.
- 20.9 megapixels CMOS sensor
- EXPEED 6 image-processing engine
- ISO sensitivity range is 100-51200 ( Expandable to 204800).
- In-body image stabilization.
- Continuous drive speed 11fps.
- EN-EL25 rechargeable Li-ion battery ( 300 photos).
- Silent shutter mode
- One-year limited warranty
- One card slot.
- Not NFC compatible.
If you are an aspiring photo enthusiast, Canon EOS Rebel SL3 could be y our ideal option. Because this Digital SLR camera has a higher image sensor, powerful processor, and many more features, let’s check these features below:
- Canon EOS REBEL SL3 has a 24.1 Megapixels CMOS sensor and a powerful Digic 8 image processor engine. Therefore, this camera is capable of recording stunning 4k resolution videos and high-resolution photos. In addition, the image processor ensures fine details and accurate color combinations. Hence, your photos will be looked like natural and ready to upload on social media.
- The Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus of this camera will instantly lock the object and let you take perfectly focused photos every time. In addion, this device can analyze the object and lock the object’s eye as it has Eye Detection AF.
- The ISO sensitivity range of this Digital SLR camera is 100-25600. With the combination of the DIGIC 8 processor and this high ISO setting, you can get sharp and detailed photos in any lighting situation. Your videos and photos will look lifelike with minimal grain or noise.
- SL3 camera comes with a fully featured optical viewfinder with a wide area and a 9-point AF system designed to get sharp focus immediately.
- This device has a 3.0-inches Vari-angle LCD monitor with a touch panel. Therefore, you can rotate the screen and take photos at different angles. In addition, you can use touch gestures to zoom in or swipe through images.
- The continuous shooting speed of this digital SLR camera is 5.0 fps; this device can capture 5 frames per second and will help you take photos of fast-moving objects.
- This device has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability. Therefore, you can transfer your files faster by using the Camera Connect application, plus you can directly upload to different web services like Facebook, Youtube, and Canon iMage GATEWAY.
- This digital SLR camera weighs 2.17 pounds, and its dimension is 2.7 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches. This smaller size and a rounded grip will ensure outstanding usability, and this camera is ready for everyday use.
- This Canon EOS REBEL SL3 camera will provide a one-year limited warranty.
- 24.1 Megapixels CMOS sensor.
- Powerful Digic 8 image processing engine.
- The ISO sensitivity range is 100-25600.
- 3.0-inches Vari-angle LCD monitor with touch panel.
- Continuous drive speed 5.0 fps.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection.
- One-year limited warranty for manufacturing defects.
- This camera doesn’t have in-body image stabilization.
Panasonic LUMIX G7 is another amazing camera that has professional features, and it can be a perfect companion if you are a vlogger. In addion, this interchangeable lens camera offers you high-quality images, sounds, and video quality without any quality compromise. Now, Check out this camera’s remarkable features:
- This mirrorless camera has a 16.0 Megapixels sensor and a next-generation intelligent image processor. Therefore, this device will produce videos and photos free from artifacts that reduce picture quality.
- Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) is Panasonic’s exclusive AF technology, and it will determine the distance to subjects, and you can enjoy autofocus up to 6fps.
- This device’s OLED Live viewfinder ( 2360K dots) will ensure high visibility, even under direct sunlight, and the tilt touch display can be adjusted for optimum clarity.
- This mirrorless device can record 4K resolution videos at 30p and FHD videos at 60p.
- The 5-axis HYBRID Image stabilization feature will reduce blurriness from your captured photos and ensure sharp images.
- You can easily transfer your captured images and videos as this device has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection.
- The weight of this camera is 345 grams, and its dimension ( H x W x D) is 82.5mm x 115.6mm x 54.2 mm.
- This camera’s ISO sensitivity range is 100-12800 ( expandable to 25600). So, this device can shoot photos in low light.
- Pansonic ensures a 3-year warranty with this camera. Therefore, you can use this camera without worrying about any defects.
- Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) is Panasonic’s exclusive AF technology.
- 4K resolution videos at 30p and FHD videos at 60p.
- 5-axis HYBRID Image stabilization.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- ISO sensitivity range 100-12800 ( Expandable to 25600).
- 3Year warranty
- Comparatively smaller image sensor.
Nikon D3500 DSLR camera is compact, versatile, and durable, ideal for your travel. In addion, this is one of the best lower mid-range cameras for professional photography. Now, it’s time to check the features of this camera:
- This DSLR camera has a 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 image processing engine. Hence, this camera will produce high-resolution images and videos.
- The ISO sensitivity range of this DSLR is 100-25600. So, if you see the light is low, you won’t need to worry about it.
- The camera can record Full-HD resolution videos at 60fps and has a single card slot.
- Its 3.0 inches monitor with 921k dots will give a clear view of taken photos and videos.
- This DSLR camera has an Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder that gives a clear view of the object, and its viewfinder magnification is 0.85x.
- The continuous shooting speed of this camera is 5 frames per second.
- This DSLR camera includes an EN-EL14a rechargeable battery, by which you can take approx. 1550 shots.
- 24.2 Megapixels CMOS sensor
- ISO sensitivity range 100-25600.
- Includes powerful EN-EL14a rechargeable battery.
- One-year limited warranty
- ISO range can’t be expanded.
- It doesn’t produce 4K resolution videos.
What to Consider Before Buying a Camera for Professional Photography As a Beginner?
- Budget: When you are thinking about professional features but are a beginner, you have to fix your budget according to the camera’s features. There are many professional cameras on the market, but you have to choose one that meets your requirements.
- Interchangeable lenses: Interchangeable lens cameras are very useful as you will get the opportunity to change the lens as you require or upgrade the camera in the future.
- Simple control and manual control: As you are a beginner, simple control and automatic modes will help to enhance your confidence, and afterward, when you know about all the features, you can manually control the camera settings.
- Video resolution: At the present time, 4K resolution videos are crucial for the social media platform. So, if your main interest is to make short videos or vlogging, you should choose cameras with a 4K video capacity.
- Effective pixels and Sensor type: If you prefer professional photography, you have to ensure the perfect color combination. A camera with better effective pixels and sensors will help you get this quality.
- Powerful processor: The new and upgraded processors will help you get crisp images as the processor reduces noise.
- Powerful battery: if you want to take your photography to the professional level, you have to take lots of photos. And a camera with a powerful battery is required for this purpose. Otherwise, you may need to charge the battery frequently or buy a sphere battery.
How I Test and Choose Cameras for Professional Photography?
I have checked and tasted DSLR and mirrorless cameras in real-life shooting scenarios. In addion, as a professional photographer and having many years of experience, I carefully checked all the features of the cameras mentioned above.
Are you going to buy or invest in cameras again and again? Well, I think not. So, as a beginner, you should invest in a camera with professional features to get the best opportunity to become good at photography and professional features. In this article, I have tried to mention the most popular cameras which can be used for professional photography. Before buying a DSLR or Mirrorless, I hope you find this guideline helpful. If there is any question, please let me know in the comment box.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of camera should a beginner use?
Nikon’s budget DSLR, the Nikon D3500, is our top pick for someone who is new to photography. Because of its unique and exciting Guide Mode, I believe this entry-level DSLR from 2018 remains one of the best cameras to begin with, and you will have a fantastic photographic experience.
DSLR or mirrorless, which is better?
Because of the viewfinder, the DSLR has a more incredible selection of interchangeable lenses, a more extraordinary battery life, and better low-light shooting. In contrast, Mirrorless cameras are more portable, lighter, have better video quality, and can take more photos with a faster maximum aperture. As a result, both types of cameras are distinct, and you can select them based on your needs.
Are there any disadvantages to mirrorless cameras?
Mirrorless cameras provide impressive performances, but these cameras’ battery life is insufficient and interchangeable lenses are limited.
What is the image sensor and processor of the XT30 camera?
The FUJIFILM XT30 features advanced image sensor technology, including a 26.1 Megapixel BSI (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor and a quad-core X-processor.
Is the battery of D3500 powerful enough? Or should I have to purchase another?
The D3500 camera has an EN-EL14a rechargeable battery that takes approximately 1550 photos. So, by charging the battery once, you can complete an entire program without purchasing another battery.
You may have interest in other articles –